Info from gamestop

poseyjmac said:
people who aren't whipped by social trends and popular fashion as you are.

lol is that doug lombardi? You gotta send him that gif if it is.

I am mass pissed because I bought Hl2 CE from Ebgames.com and they dont have any info on the CE pack. Do you think hl2 will make a release in october, you do you really think its november?

i personally wanted the combine shock stick....... that works ;) MUHAHAHAHAHA

JEEEZ! All of this is making me want HL2 more!(I don't see how it's possible) :)

:thumbs: I just want Half Life Collectors Edition for Half Life 2 and that huge book.

ailevation said:
:thumbs: I just want Half Life Collectors Edition for Half Life 2 and that huge book.

Same. I also think it would be rather handy to have HL2 on DVD, as opposed to CD.

ailevation said:

I'm pretty sure you have to purchase the huge book seperately.

gamerxr72 said:
You know, a stuffed headcrab would be awesome.
Please, post your sentiment in >this thread< :)
And welcome to the forums gamerxr72
(coincidentally, I own gamer-x.com and gamer-x.net)

I think that hl2 is coming with its own multiplayer conponement.

Half-Life 2 Prima's Official Strategy Guide features all the strategy you need to immerse yourself in the intense first-person shooter gameplay and ground-breaking storyline of Half-Life 2! Get advanced combat strategies, detailed maps for every game area, weapons stats and tips, proven enemy elimination techniques, multiple pathways through each area, combat statistics for Gordon Freeman, his companions, as well as the Xen invaders, and multiplayer strategies that will allow you to dominate online. All the tactics you need are in this incomparable guide!
----
* Essential combat strategies for defeating monsters and humans alike

* Tactics for utilizing both non- and extremely lethal methods of foe elimination

* Stats and tips for each weapon at your disposal

* Complete point-inspections of all vehicles in the game

* Unmatched multiplayer strategies for online gaming
Half-Life 2

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=871704

T-Shirt?!?! i hope that is not the big surpirse valve talked about for us in the CE, but everything else sounds pretty cool

Also, we havent hear much about 'non-lethal' ways of dealing with enemies before now.

pingu said:
i know theres probably some rather large geeks on this forum, but who the ****s gunna walk around wearing a half life 2 t shirt

The other day i saw a kid wearing a red faction 2 shirt :p

UKchaos2 said:
Also, we havent hear much about 'non-lethal' ways of dealing with enemies before now.

I doubt there will be a non-lethal way.. even the stunstick will kill most probably...

pingu said:
i know theres probably some rather large geeks on this forum, but who the ****s gunna walk around wearing a half life 2 t shirt

i sure as hell would! half life 2 is ****ing awesome!

tokin said:
edit: The surprise is a teaser trailer of Team Fortress 2 on the HL2 disc....no joke.

REally? Where did you hear that??????

tokin said:
edit: The surprise is a teaser trailer of Team Fortress 2 on the HL2 disc....no joke.
I do not believe this for one second.

That would be so damned dissapointing. A crummy video, and more waiting?

I will bet $10 right now that TF2 is the suprise.

f|uke said:
I do not believe this for one second.

That would be so damned dissapointing. A crummy video, and more waiting?

I will bet $10 right now that TF2 is the suprise.

Doug Lombardi has already said that they would start talking more about TF2 once HL2 and css where out the door.

:sleep: The mother****ing surprise is a god damned coupon for free ice-cream that you can get from Dairy Queen, with a BIG "Thank You, for waiting impatiently for Half Life 2 - Best regards, Gabe."

Agent.M said:
Doug Lombardi has already said that they would start talking more about TF2 once HL2 and css where out the door.
But thats what makes it a suprize! :D

I read somewhere that either Doug or Gabe has said that the suprise has a "2" in the title.

f|uke said:

I read somewhere that either Doug or Gabe has said that the suprise has a "2" in the title.

and someone emailed him and he said "bogus"

cadaveca said:
and someone emailed him and he said "bogus"
son of a bitch :dozey:

Its a good thing nobody took my bet :D

f|uke said:

lol i think you might of been dreaming, they never said a "2" would have to do with the suprise. If anything they have said they are keeping a few suprises held back until the game is released. There is absolutely no way TF2 is the MP with HL2. As much as we all want to believe they would ship HL2, HL:S, CS:S, and TF2 for $50...uh no. The most we will get is a trailer of it on the EXTRAS part of the disc, which would be very wise of valve to do IMP, and hopefully they will. Now as for MP stuff, im sure there is a themed MP, why wouldn't there be.

A trailer is likely, they put hl2 trailers on the CS:CZ disks.

Does anyone know ANY UK sites that offer Half Life 2 Collector Edition. I am sure there are loads of people out there with the same question as me. But it can never get answered. The only sites i know are american ones. Not fair for UK games alike. :angry:

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
- Free Limited Edition T-shirt – Offered in men’s size XL only

Bloody Hell Valve! Us nerds aren't all fat y'know!?! What about guy's like me? There's heaps of us, skinny tall nerds, I don't want a mumu as a t-shirt. I want a small to medium! SMALL TO MEDIUM DAMNIT!!! GAAAAAAA!

The surprise is, there is no spoon.

I think everyone will be disappointed with this so called 'surprise', I have no doubt in my mind it will be something really useless, like 'Half Life 2 - Deleted Scenes: Xen. 15 maps that were cut from HL2 when we realised no-one wanted to ever go back to Xen again'

Perhaps...

ailevation said:
:sleep: The mother****ing surprise is a god damned coupon for free ice-cream that you can get from Dairy Queen, with a BIG "Thank You, for waiting impatiently for Half Life 2 - Best regards, Gabe."

ahahahaha.

you know (random valve employee, i hope you come across this), if they DID that, i'd forgive them for the entire year and a half (hopefully no more...) of waiting.

that's ice cream for you.

Black Mesa corp said:
Does anyone know ANY UK sites that offer Half Life 2 Collector Edition. I am sure there are loads of people out there with the same question as me. But it can never get answered. The only sites i know are american ones. Not fair for UK games alike. :angry:

I've been searching and I couldn't find any. I'm hoping that they start to list it soon. A respresentative from Gameplay actually said that it was coming out in the UK, but he said that over a year ago.

I actually e-mailed Amazon, Game.uk.com and Gameplay.co.uk about it. Only Amazon replied and their reply wasn't helpful.

I've searched our retail catalogue, but the item you asked about is not currently listed.

You could also search our Auctions (http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/subst/home/home.html/) or zShops (http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/subst/home/fixed.html/) sites to see if anyone is selling a copy of "Half-Life 2 - Collector's Edition" there.

EDIT: Here's the post from a year ago saying the UK will have the Collector's edition:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6317

You know what I would want to have in my box, and not just the CE? A letter, written by Valve themselves. That would be nice. :)

In the UK, there was only one retailer (and they were on-line) that had the Special Edition of UT2004, hopefully, the same won't happen with Half Life 2.

eLGee said:
You know what I would want to have in my box, and not just the CE? A letter, written by Valve themselves. That would be nice. :)

amen.

...or, if you bought it on steam, a letter mailed to you! now that'd be nice!!

czrsink said:
In the UK, there was only one retailer (and they were on-line) that had the Special Edition of UT2004, hopefully, the same won't happen with Half Life 2.
Where can we get it in the UK then ?! Anybody got any ideas ?!
:borg:

czrsink said:

Who was the retailer?

Back