install HL2 on second comp?

zxxgp

Reaction score
I am at my friend's house and i brought HL2. I have installed it on my comp at home and i would like to install it at my friend's. Can i do that without getting ban?

I don't know if it's legal (who cares really), but you won't get banned. I know this because I let one of my friends use my steam account for him to try Hl2.

zxxgp said:
I am at my friend's house and i brought HL2. I have installed it on my comp at home and i would like to install it at my friend's. Can i do that without getting ban?
You can safely install on a couple of machines, can only use it one at a time online anyway.. But if Valve start seeing your account cropping up on all manner of machines it'll get locked cause something will be going on that shouldn't be.

I tryed to install the game. On the 4th disk it had an error. It said it could not find a cab file. I tryed on my other friend's comp and it did the same thing. And i looked at the disk and it is in perfect condition. what is up with that?

4th disc prob

the problem is you did not agree to install cs source at the beginning. you must agree to install it so the installation will work

Back