Insurgency HL2 Mod : Media Update

DelaZ

Spy
Reaction score
Like you've probably read on the news page Insurgency had a "big" media update today!

Along with this update comes our official change over for the new name of 'Insurgency.' This is just simplifying our previous name of 'Operation: Counter-Insurgency.' Many people are wonder what the shortform will be and we have decided to use the first three letters of Insurgency: 'INS.'

We also have the new domain www.insurgencymod.net, but www.opcoin.net will remain working until it expires.

You can now find the Forums at: forums.insurgencymod.net

And now, here is what we have worked long and hard on to bring you:

Click on a thumnail for a larger view...

Top to Bottom: RPK, M14, M4 Carbine, M40A3 Sniper Rifle

Top to Bottom: Iraqi Insurgent, British Soldier, US Marine

Top to Bottom: "Technical," BMP-3, M1A2 Abrams, AAVP7A1

This may actually look like less, but we have decided to post only skins, with the exception of vehicle models. You can find other weapon models in the Intel sections about each Team. Keep watch on Hl2Fallout.com because they will be having a preview of us including some exclusive new media! We will tell you about that once it happens.

The Sound Department has also produced another sound demo for you all to enjoy! You can get it from our Media Downloads page.

A new feature that comes with the new website is the Mod Tour. This is designed to provide you with a general idea of the mod. More detailed information can be found in the pages under Briefing and Intel (at the left side navigation).

Finally, check our new Jobs page for any available positions on the team.

thats really sweet. just a question.. how many poly's do some of those vehicles have?, cause some seem high on the mesh detail even for HL2 in game models (if they are ingame , I guess they are).. but you can always prove us wrong with some Poly counts :)

edit: lol they look about right actually . are you guys making breakmodels for the vehicles ? ... thats if youve decided to make them destructable ? :p

Our poly count limit is 5k on vehicles - so they are all under 5k. They will all have different LOD levels as well.

yea we'll have break models, most of these will be AI controlled and destructable, I believe.

My one complaint is that the Iraqi Insurgent's pants look too baggy, imo.

Other than that... everything looks scrumtralescent.

everything looks great but i agree with cybermano that the insurgents pants are too wide and baggy...

-merc

Jeremy said:
yea we'll have break models, most of these will be AI controlled and destructable, I believe.

thanks for the answers, very kool by the way ;)

the reason the models have so much detail on the top areas, is cause theres none around the wheels or tracks. look at the wheels on the BMP, they're all 8 sided.

very nice models, especially with the people, although their clothes dont really shout cloth. very very impressive skinning there.

This mod is based on the Iraq war, right?

If so, shouldn't the soldiers have desert-ish camo?

Otherwise, this is very solid work all 'round. Mark me impressed. :)

The skins - rock >(

(models too, of course)

But: I noticed that those stuff has a lot parallels to (Battlefields) Desert Combat, just make sure it differs in the end ;)

If so, shouldn't the soldiers have desert-ish camo?

In the beginning some marines were running around in woodland camo :)

well, it's not based on the iraq war for one... and I think some bits are still in woodland camo.... and thier fighting with bows and arrows.... soemthing about not haveing functioning equipment....? ;)

The mod revolves around multiple global conflicts. Iraq is just one of them.
(We've already created various camo patterns for the marines...they're just not displayed on the new site yet ;) )

Yea. The mod is based on areas all around the world. Click here to see the maps section. We're gonna have other areas such as the Balkans, Afghanistan and Haiti in the first release.

Keep in mind as well that we're willing to do fictional conflicts as well. So we aren't limited by hotspots at this point in time. You might see us do fictional things that can potentially happen in the near future.

Offtopic: I like the idea with more teams/parties included in future versions ;)

tis quite a nice wee update - looking forward to seeing some more - good work lads ;)

Back