Insurgency - New Site

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Short and to the point: luscious modern-combat hotspot mod Insurgency relaunches site! New screenshots! Mod focuses on low-level ultra-strategic ultraviolent super-brutal teamwork or you'll get your brains splattered against the nearest wall! Now click here.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

News late. Explanation pending. Waiting for exclusive screenshots over e-mail. Never came. Had to go out. Hoped someone else would post it before I went out. They didn't. Oh well. Who gives a shit. <3

Sulkdodds said:
News late. Explanation pending. Waiting for exclusive screenshots over e-mail. Never came. Had to go out. Hoped someone else would post it before I went out. They didn't. Oh well. Who gives a shit. <3

I had a post all ready for this, too (Damn traffic on the freeway, I would have been here sooner!) D: - I also know what the exclusives are but I'm not supposed publish them yet.

/EDIT: Ok, yes I can publish them because other sites have. Want me to publish the news?

I'm not that dumb...I know there are no exclusives...

I just don't want to host the images on a 3rd-party site... :monkee:

i reakon ill be the first to say these screenshots look great.

better then cs thats for damn sure. maybe this will kill teh cs? well cs source anyways

great job so far fellers

I don't rather remember my friend telling me about being trained with an automatic shotgun in the army....

DiSTuRbEd said:
I don't rather remember my friend telling me about being trained with an automatic shotgun in the army....

Probably not, since Insurgency is based around marines and urban combat :)

awesome mod and visuals. Although I hope it has something more to offer than a pimped up CS in a different setting.

i really like the city textures, good job :thumbs: !

-dodo

Ome_Vince said:
awesome mod and visuals. Although I hope it has something more to offer than a pimped up CS in a different setting.
Oh it does. Wait and see :)

It's not Counter-Strike. If you're not going to bother reading up on the mod to determine this yourself, then please just keep your silly unoriginal comments to yourself.

Ome_Vince said:
Read this and you will see how it isn't a 'pimped up CS in a different setting.'

Supernorn said:
It's not Counter-Strike. If you're not going to bother reading up on the mod to determine this yourself, then please just keep your silly unoriginal comments to yourself.

QFE n stuff...

Nice work guys, looks excelent. Really like that mine/train map, keep it coming!

Sweet. If this goes the way it looks to me, then this will be what I wished CS:S was :)

What was the mod with the vehicles and Russian, British, American and Middle Eastern forces?

Thought it was Insurgency but it doesn't seem to be :(, it was in all the British gaming magazines as well.

ah some exlusive pics:

image_34486.jpg

........................................................................................i love BLOOD........................................................................................

image_34487.jpg

........................................................................................BAD BOYS........................................................................................

image_34488.jpg

........................................................................................NIKE shoes?........................................................................................

Looks lovely :O
Definitely going to try this one when it's out.

Supernorn said:

OE!, look at the hostility popping up here. :smoking:
Im stepping on sensitive toes here... :D

I did readup on the gameplay, and personally im mostly thrilled about the gameplays "Battle" and "Push".
Those are the ones that would definatly interest me. I'm assuming they work a little like the Unreal Tournement 2004 onslaught?
That would be amazing since that gameplay really DOES offer intense firefights.

My comment on a "hope its not a pimped up CS" was more to the actual infantry fighting itself. Modern combat weaponry Ak47 vs M16..
-Will there be vehicles? ( tanks, but also jeeps with 50cals in the back like
Black hawk down)
-Special weapons like calling in airstrikes etc? (like in Wolfenstein MP )
-Chemical weapons?
-Civilians-> NPC's? (human shields->harsh but treu, it would offer some
interesting tactics: avoid hitting the civies :p)
-Throwing rocks, molotovs etc?
-Embedded reporters? (avoid shooting ppl on camera or whatever :p or maybe
just scenery running along with you paying you for protection :) )
-Suicide bombers? (disguised as random map civilians)
-Helicopters dropping in players etc?
-Road-side bombs?

There's so much cool stuff to do with the insurgents im just hoping in this mod it will be more than a selection of modern weaponry thats all.

So far everything looks and sounds so good, that im hoping it will NOT be a pimped up CS, in the actual combat...

Please enlighten me if i missed something..

If it plays half as well as it looks we should be in for a treat here.

couple of texture alignment issues in that first exclusive screenshot.

Otherwise looks HOT

I hope the firefights are as intense as I've heard they are. No other mod or game has satisfied my need for those really intense urban firefights, even though DoD comes damn close.

I can't wait to shoot me some Yanks. We gonna get to kill us some Canucks and Brits one day too?

@JiMmEh: arh you are to fast for me. I also wanted to post that pics.

Bytheway i love those pics and the whole MOD.

Fou dout what mod it was, it is Insurgency but has the whole design changed from what was originally thought of. The original plan was 4 different forces taking in warzones around the world, now all it seems to be is USMC and the Insurgency in Iraq...hope not as it looked so good, now it doesn't look as impressive.

Razor said:
Fou dout what mod it was, it is Insurgency but has the whole design changed from what was originally thought of. The original plan was 4 different forces taking in warzones around the world, now all it seems to be is USMC and the Insurgency in Iraq...hope not as it looked so good, now it doesn't look as impressive.
Well, they're thinking of adding more forces to the fray :p

Beerdude26 said:
Well, they're thinking of adding more forces to the fray :p

I hope so as the original design looked great, but they went for the Iraqi vs USMC scenario, they might do a good job of it but it's something thats been done a hundred times before.

I was under the impression they were starting off with USMC vs Insurgency and then adding more theatres and forces as it got into swing.

Totally unrelated...

Does anyone remember the name of that mod that has the global powers fighting for oil?

Back