Insurgency - New Site

Sulkdodds said:
I was under the impression they were starting off with USMC vs Insurgency and then adding more theatres and forces as it got into swing.

I hope so.

They said you can change the sides of the maps as well with a server admin tool so it would be amazing to see the USMC get owned by the Royal Marines or the British Army.

DeusExMachinia said:
Totally unrelated...

Does anyone remember the name of that mod that has the global powers fighting for oil?
Isn't it Iraqi Destiny? You know, where you have to use loads of diplomacy to bluff your way into the country and then take it over completely. I'm sure you've all heard of it.

EDIT: Taken from the Iraqi Destiny site:
www.iraqidestiny.com said:
Iraqi Destiny isn't just a mod. It's a mod where you have to use tactics, lies and brutal force in a smooth and efficient way if you want to survive.

Iraqi Destiny requires teamplay and finesse. Your leader has to convince the United Nations that it is allowed to invade Iraq under suspicious circumstances. Being a good diplomat is a must (Well, unless you have loads of cash, of course).

Meanwhile, you have to train yourself (using RPG-elements) to build your own custom character that will then be engaged in urban street warfare. By selecting a custom loadout, you will be able to engage the enemy with efficiency and accuracy.

A few unique gameplay elements that will be present in Iraqi Destiny:
Diplomacy:
*The option to write your own speeches or have them written by a designated "Speech Writer".
*Truth or Lies? The ability to lay out your own path to the Iraq Invasion will make every game varied and exciting.
*Advanced bribing options will add an extra dimension to the Diplomacy part of the game.

Combat:
*Advanced character customisation using RPG-like elements will allow players to put their best skills to use.
*The morale of your troops will decrease over time, resulting in inefficiency and unnecessary acts of violence such beating the shit out of kids that were throwing rocks at you.

SCREENSHOTS:
xinsrc89d9d899a418490e9fb963db.jpg
bushx21oh.jpg

Looks good :)

Back