Is anyone here pleased of the November delay?

ZeeM

Reaction score
Is anyone here pleased with the November delay?

I think I`m the only one :E

No really, I have no money for upgrades (my rig can barely run windows solitaire at 15fps :p) right now but I will very soon and I want to play it when it comes :E [selfish]I`m saving money since beginning of summer and I`m glad that valve didn`t release it then[/selfish]

So, is here anyone pleased with the delay?

UPDATE: Just in case those November delay rumors are true...

IT HAS NOT BEEN DELAYED TO NOVEMBER! There is no release date set. When it is officially announced that it will be released in November, then we can have discussions along these lines. Close/burn/poison/nuke this.

thrilled :/

not been delayed? they said it would be out in summer.

I fail to see the delay. Valve last said "Autumn" (or 'Fall') and then the November date game out.

Am I the only one that realises that November is in Autumn. Hence no delay.

lol feath, they said summer!! many many times. dont drink the water..they put something in it to make u forget.

edit: and to give a 6 month release window is a frickin joke i cant beilive ur even quoting it.

They said it'd be FINISHED in the summer. Which, guess what? Is likely to STILL happen. Summer ends on the 21st. VALVe is delivering, according to them, what they believe to be "the" RC on.. the 15th, is it?

Anyway, yeah. It'll likely be finished by the end of summer. They never said it would release in the summer.

September, October.. November? so what? :|
give it a rest already..

And then they said Autumn sometime in August.

ukfluke said:
lol shuzer u valve fanboys make me laugh. plz stop.

I'm not a fanboy in the slightest. TBH, I've lost all want for HL2. I'll get excited when it goes gold, though.

I'm just saying, they never ever promised a release in summer. Only that it'd be finished in the summer.

ukfluke said:
lol shuzer u valve fanboys make me laugh. plz stop.

If I were a mod, I'd ban anyone who uses the word fanboy just because someone doesn't agree with him.

Valve said Autumn, November is in Autumn.

Exactly, even if it does get released in November, it won't be a "delay" since there's no exact release date set.

Valve are still on schedule.

same here zeem. my new pc will be ready some time next month, so im not very angry about the delays... heh :)

Ha, last year when the game was apparently delayed till the 14th of November (from 30th of September), I remember people saying "it's only 15 days".

Silly people.

Feath said:
Ha, last year when the game was apparently delayed till November (from 30th of September), I remember people saying "it's only 15 days".

That...is hilarious!

September, october , november but it had been cool if the REALESED THE GAME before i die.

Feath said:
If I were a mod, I'd ban anyone who uses the word fanboy just because someone doesn't agree with him.

Valve said Autumn, November is in Autumn.

Valve said summer, Fanboy

X-ander said:
Valve said summer, Fanboy

Then, in August, they said Fall.

EDIT: Actually it was July

Computer Games Romania: First of all, can you tell us what shape Half-Life 2 is in? Still standing for a summer release or should we fear a delay towards the end of 2004 or spring 2005?
Doug Lombardi: Things are progressing very well. We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi in August and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this tim

http://www.computergames.ro/articole.php/optiune-show_interviews/interview-524/index.html

Well I'm skeptical of a November release. That would be truely spitting in the face of each and every HL enthuasiast and gamer. Who have been highly anticipating this game for half a decade now. Futureshop.ca have updated their release date for HL2, instead of being Sept. 1, which it was for a long time. It has been recently updated to Nov. 15. I don't know if it means anything, truely but futureshop is preparing for the worst. I preordered my copy of HL2 over 2 months ago from futureshop.ca. The latest it should be released is end of Oct. If it goes beyond that then Valve is asking for a punch in the face. Literally.

lord finesse said:
Well I'm skeptical of a November release. That would be truely spitting in the face of each and every HL enthuasiast and gamer. Who have been highly anticipating this game for half a decade now. Futureshop.ca have updated their release date for HL2, instead of being Sept. 1, which it was for a long time. It has been recently updated to Nov. 15. I don't know if it means anything, truely but futureshop is preparing for the worst. I preordered my copy of HL2 over 2 months ago from futureshop.ca. The latest it should be released is end of Oct. If it goes beyond that then Valve is asking for a punch in the face. Literally.

The difference between an October release and a November release could be as little as a day. I fail to see the huge difference it makes.

what a stupid question
yeah, we're pleased with a potential delay

lord finesse said:

Yeah, Valve and Vivendi both need a punch in the face for delaying the game a couple of weeks. Damn them! Seriously, if you've been waiting five years as you claim, I'm sure you can handle one extra month.

ok guys stop dissing him about the release date and answer his question

"would you be pleased if HL2 came out in November?"

I'm indifferent about a November release. I've been expecting that for yonks.

lord finesse said:
Well I'm skeptical of a November release. That would be truely spitting in the face of each and every HL enthuasiast and gamer. Who have been highly anticipating this game for half a decade now.

Really? So you knew they were making a sequal in 1999? I was under the impression that the first anyone heard of the sequal was about 16 months ago...

Still, i have angst at valve for being a year late, constantly losing the keys to the security vault, releasing trials to certain sections of the community only for profit, and the dod team for pissfarting around for the past 2 years and not getting a playable version of dod source ready.

wow, people are much more fisty around here than i remembered them to be :p

honestly, i'm sort of happy for the delay also it gives me real time to get my strategy going for getting the game as soon as it comes out, which i've never done when it comes to buying games.

Yes because intense battleplans are needed for going to a shop and paying money.

urseus said:
Yes because intense battleplans are needed for going to a shop and paying money.

yeeeaahhh you'll get trampled by millions of others going to get it :S not millions but you know what i mean lol

yeah i've devised my own secret plan for getting the game, I'll let you in on a little secret, try to follow along:

1. Buy a Cd Key off of steam

2. Play Hl2

Shuzer said:
I'm just saying, they never ever promised a release in summer. Only that it'd be finished in the summer.

cmon shuzer. you and i know thats shady as hell. whats the point of saying its done if you bring it in stores 2 months later?
"oh it will be done before september 21-22nd, but we wont give it to you until november sometime" that just sounds terrible. all i know, the way they said/announced things it sounded to me like they said on the shelves before summer is over.

weird eh?

"We're really focused on shipping the PC version this summer," Doug responded.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p4.html

well i really beleive he ment that they would be on shelves this summer when the article said this....

When I asked Doug about when we could all expect to play the final version of the most anticipated shooter of this year, he let us know that it would be, simply, "this summer."
bolded for emphasis.

Yes. The FACT....the cold hard fact of the situation is they said we'd be playing it in Summer. We will not be playing it in summer as it's been delayed.

Summer is a time, a date. The game won't be released then , HENCE, it is delayed.

So, in conclusion i'm totally pissed off about the game being delayed till November :LOL:

x84D80Yx said:
cmon shuzer. you and i know thats shady as hell. whats the point of saying its done if you bring it in stores 2 months later?
"oh it will be done before september 21-22nd, but we wont give it to you until november sometime" that just sounds terrible. all i know, the way they said/announced things it sounded to me like they said on the shelves before summer is over.

weird eh?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p4.html

well i really beleive he ment that they would be on shelves this summer when the article said this....

bolded for emphasis.

See, even though valve has promised this and that and pulled crap left and right. Lombardi has some what shown he holds promises WAY better than Gabe, thats for a fact. So i think it's very possible the game could be on store shelves mid October, if not you know it could always slip into November, which is also extremelly typical.

I normally try to steer clear of mind numbingly stupid internet lingo, but this is so called for...

Shuzer got owned.

I kinda hope it's released in november too... for the same reason as the original thread-starter: time to upgrade my system

i hope its not out till november, i got Fable tommorow, as well as sims 2, and call of duty expansion, then star wars battlefront on the 20th as well as the DVDs, then mortal Kombat deception in october, then GTA SA as well, then metal gear 3, halo 2, and GT4 in earley november. If hl2 comesout im gonna have no time for these other games. november 30 would be good.

Back