is official...if u didn't buy nividia...u lose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
source isn't the only game-engine..
you loose.

Rgr iv always said 6800 ultra is better then x800 st pe. Overall Nividia rocks ati.

KBharvester said:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/counter-strike_source/

man i always seem to make the right hardware choices... :afro:

thats for cs source and not halflife2.

GeForce 6800 cards take a much more significant performance hit than the other cards due to two factors: the card’s lack of memory bandwidth (the GeForce 6800’s memory is only clocked at 350MHz, a figure which matches GeForce FX 5900 XT) and its limited frame buffer, with CS: Source beta we noted a double-digit dip in performance for GeForce 6800 128MB at high resolutions. Fortunately it still performs well under less demanding environments.

^ from that site.

I'm quite happy with the high-end performance I get. Mainly because it doesn't sound like a jet engine.

i'm sure it will be more of the same (hl2...cs:s on same engine)...and other games seem to play better as well...at least the ones i have played so far...

anyone try the forceware 66.72's yet?

Varsity said:
I'm quite happy with the high-end performance I get. Mainly because it doesn't sound like a jet engine.

what u saying is that, 6800 Ultra sounds like a jet ?

You are wrong, you require to read more reviews :p

She said:
source isn't the only game-engine..
you loose.

So far 6800 is better in.

Cs:s
Doom 3
FarCry

Humm? Ill bet you it will be for hl2. stalker. etc etc.

ravennox12 said:
No you didn't. ATI SUCKS and if you only play HL2 and CS:S your entire life span, then yes you made the right choice.

You keep that card for your entire life span? :|

ravennox12 said:
No you didn't. ATI SUCKS and if you only play HL2 and CS:S your entire life span, then yes you made the right choice.

this comment makes no sense..i say i make the right choice for choosing nvidia and u say i didn't and ati sucks? hmmmm

Last year Nvidia was terrible with their cards. This year they did a decent job and suddenly ATI utterly sucks?

Come on people, these companies always take turns with who is in the lead. Neither company is "better".

oh gimme a break, not this again.

you can't go wrong with either the x800 or 6800 series.

Even if you like to show your e-penis for that 10 extra fps, chances are people will respond to you like a woman seeing a naked 15 year old boy coming out of the freezing water :hmph:

Raziel-Jcd said:

Doom 3
FarCry

so basically its better in new and demanding games...i made the right choice! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

u can't go wrong with either, but u can do better with nividia...weeeeeee

and my 6800gt oc is nice and quiet...and has neon lights :p

Vidrio said:
thats for cs source and not halflife2.

^ from that site.

That quote Vidrio is about the 6800nu, not the gt or the ultra as both of them have a much faster memory speed then just 350mhz.

Raziel-Jcd said:

Doom 3
FarCry

I remember when the FC patch came out for ps3.0, and yet X800XT PE outperformed the 6800U...

Don't forget that 6800 consumes a lot more power, produces more heat and therefore requires larger cooling devices which are quite noisy. 6800U particullary is a beast that needs TWO power connectors to operate.

Im happy with my X800 XT PE. I don't care what any other site has to say as long as im happy. :cheers:

well the gt performs almost as well as the ultra...and i got the gt oc so.........

but just think, if u had nvidia u would be even more happy...according to this article...

and u don't need anything special to keep ur box cool...all stock here...nice and cool

KBharvester said:
well the gt performs almost as well as the ultra...and i got the gt oc so.........

but just think, if u had nvidia u would be even more happy...according to this article...
No, because in order to get a good card from Nvidia I would have had to pay so much not all the grandparents in the world could've helped me. Hell, my 9800 pro still stings when I recall the day I saw the bill. But dammit it was worth it.

KBharvester said:

I would hope so, its an underclocked Ultra. :rolleyes:

No I wouldn't, I am done with nvidia, I wasted money on an FX card, so I moved onto something I enjoy more. I don't care what an article says.

KBharvester said:

Happy with what? 7 extra FPS? Give me a break.

Personally I would rather substitute that extra 7 FPS with money for the under dog company. ATI has less of a market share than Nvidia and since I want ATI to remain a contender and give Nvidia competition I would have to say that if I had an X800 I would be happier with it than with a 6800.

Who really cares if it gets around 7 extra FPS? What difference does that make when the average FPS is higher than what the eye can detect anyway?

I prefer ATI over nVIDIA because nVIDIA is full of clownshoes.

Yey competition is good for su consumers :)

BUT you can not forget that nvidia ****ed a lot of people with their geforceFX line of cards. Promesing dx9 effects in full precision but ended up with dx 8.1 effects because the cards just could not handle anything that had "shaders" in it´s name :)

The Mullinator said:
Who really cares if it gets around 7 extra FPS? What difference does that make when the average FPS is higher than what the eye can detect anyway?

To show off to friends??? I only want 60fps in HL2, thats all I care about.

Ugh, I use an ati 9800 128mb, I like it, and it works fine with soruce just fine. I hate all these geforce vs radeon.

DiSTuRbEd said:
To show off to friends??? I only want 60fps in HL2, thats all I care about.
What are these "friends" you speak of? I don't understand. :O

1 FPS = lose?

Wow...

anyhoo, my 9800 Pro rocks any other Geforce series card out there aside from the 6800 series. so nyh. ;) :D

I hate ATI vs Nvidia threads, too. Like I said, you can't go wrong with either top of the line card of the brands.

Yes, NVidia f**ked up with the FX series, but to say that you lose or win with a particular brand depends on the type of card you bought for a particular use.

btw Absinthe, what's wrong with a clownshoe apart from the idiot wearing them?

But in the lower high end range of cards, none of you can deny that 6800GT > X800 Pro.

The Mullinator said:
What are these "friends" you speak of? I don't understand. :O

I was thinking of a reason why it mattered if a car had a few fps difference than the other :p

krameriffic said:
But in the lower high end range of cards, none of you can deny that 6800GT > X800 Pro.

Depends if its a vivo X800 pro.

I think that both the 6800 Ultra and the X800 XT are great cards. I will tell you why I bought the X800 XT, but this is merely my opinion. None of this stuff is fact.

1) X800 XTs are way easier on the power supply
2) X800 XTs produce less heat
3) You get significant performance decreases with the 6800 Ultra when compared to the X800 XT when AA and AF are turned on in higher resolutions
4) The X800s perform better in DirectX

[EDIT:]
5) How could I forget this one? HL2 was designed to excel on ATI cards.
[/EDIT]

I felt these outweighed the pros of the 6800 Ultra:
1) Hardware implemented DirectX 9.0c support.
2) MUCH better OpenGL support.

Like I said, both are awesome cards, and it's not going to matter which you get. Both will devour the Source engine. It's all a matter of opinion. That was mine.

Pay a lot extra for a loud, over heated graphics card? No ty :)

I'd rather get an expensive ATI then an Nvidia

I prefer Nvidia, but you cant go wrong with either cards, so saying Nvidia > ati or Ati > nvidia is just stupid fanboyism.

But I do think its funny that Nvidia is doing so well, when just a few months ago Valve claimed that ATI would do 30% better then any nvidia card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back