Is Steam gonna be realised in 4 hours?

Combat-Wombat

Reaction score
According to steam powered, Steam is supposed to be released at 11:00am PDT (or is this PM) Currently it is 4:00pm GMT am i right in saying it will be realised in 4 hours?

The Steam page is swamped now, wonder how it will be in 4 hours? :)

its 8:11 here in pst world.... so 3 hours :p:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well whevener i try and login to steam it tries to update then comes up with an error.

^^ Thats because Steam has stoped, should be back on in a few hours.

Hopefully it wont be delayed!

Originally posted by Combat-Wombat
Well whevener i try and login to steam it tries to update then comes up with an error.

That would be because the beta servers have been down for quite a while :p

I somehow managed to recreate an account yesterday just after they wiped the user database and before they took down the login server. If that account survives till in a few, I should have a fairly low SteamID.

it is 8pm over there? what 8AM or PM?

it is 4:22pm here in uk

By the way, what version number does the beta Steam.exe report in the properties?

6 pm GMT (without daysaving which we have now), which comes in 2h 22 minutes

Should i delete all of my steam stuff including my steam cahce? or can i reuse it in retail steam? OR is it unknown?

LOL JAG

6 pm GMT (without daysaving which we have now), which comes in 2h 22 minutes

........AND COUNTING.......

you can save alll your stuff..... you install the upgrade and it will use all the orther files.

i haven't seen any official answers to your questions, the same goes for if it is going to update or you have to download the new installer and run it

well i don't think they know man.

it could jus update it's self. or u have to dl it. or...we don't really know

if someone does know, plz correct me

is Steam Gonna update to the full version
or should i download it agian from steampowered.com ?

its now 8:49 AM.. here in vancouver b.c..... i have a class at 10 im in the university comp lab lol..... ill miss the initial release.. no one better take my name :p

4:53pm here collage finished for today :) jus have to stay home and wait :dozey:

Well, if its going to be back up @ 11 AM Pacific Time, then that would mean it would be back up for us folks here on the east coast at 2 PM. Theirs only a 3 hour diff.

Steampowered.com must really be under a DoS attack. No other real explanation for the slowness of the site.

Steam is currently under a DoS attack, it's going to be delayed :D

Originally posted by 6iXx
Steam is currently under a DoS attack, it's going to be delayed :D

lemme guess... till september 10, 2004?...

I don't know if it's an attack or just too much traffic, but somthing is wrong..

aint it daylight saving time or some shit?

from that page:

Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -7 hours

11 +7 = 18.

Originally posted by 6iXx
I don't know if it's an attack or just too much traffic, but somthing is wrong..

as far as i know DoS attack stimulates extremely heavy traffic through bots, so it looks the same, i just guess it could be heavy traffic alone

what does ROFL stand for soz don't know. lmao lol.

yea i bet it will be released on time :)

Back