Is Steam gonna be realised in 4 hours?

Originally posted by commando
what does ROFL stand for soz don't know. lmao lol.

yea i bet it will be released on time :)

Rolling On the Floor Laughing...

1 hr 26 min to go!

o nice one thanks! lol

ooo i am goin to play mohaa online for like 2hrs! it be done by then :)

Yes it'll prob just be traffic, this always happens when there is a CS update. CS Nation, Planet Half-life also slow to a crawl, 'cos people are always refreshing waiting for mirror downloads.

Update: The now pared-down Steam homepage says the beta system will go down at 5:30 PM PST.

inconsistency:

A dedicated game server will be released later this evening, and the full Steam client will be released tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11:00 am PDT.

The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th.

PST or PDT?

boyh quotes are from steampowered.com (the former from NEWS section and the latter from GET STEAM section)

well it has to be pdt, as there is not pst right now.

ie gmt minus 7

argh, is pdt not gmt -7, as there is not pst right now, as its summer still..... or because they said it was pst its -8 hours, grrr confused, hulk smash!

Originally posted by Combat-Wombat
52 mins
So when this does come out in 50 minutes or so, will it have the 3 new vids with it? (by new, I dont mean brand new, just higher quality)

Originally posted by songwriter
Update: The now pared-down Steam homepage says the beta system will go down at 5:30 PM PST.
I thought that was there last night... and the "pared-down" thing is just the browser not being able to get some of the formatting data (like a style sheet that it has to download seperately from the html file).

EDIT: I hit the last page thing and it went to the 3rd page.

no the client is only .5 meg so youll have to download the videos........

Originally posted by OCybrManO
I thought that was there last night... and the "pared-down" thing is just the browser not being able to get some of the formatting data (like a style sheet that it has to download seperately from the html file).

Thought what was there last night?

Originally posted by ripkord
no the client is only .5 meg so youll have to download the videos........

I know but I mean, will they be available? :p

Probably tonite, once they fix whatever is goin on, and get things up and running smoothly.

damnit, site slow again, and it loaded so fast and nice just 5 mins ago..

also, 40 mins left ;)

Originally posted by coax
damnit, site slow again, and it loaded so fast and nice just 5 mins ago..

also, 40 mins left ;)

I think I will just wait out the rush and play a game... anyone have some sugguestions?

Yea, was playing some Jedi Academy...great game.

The site isnt even working for me.

I'm listening to the Minibosses' renditions of the theme songs from Contra and other classic games.

goddamnit, now i want a low steam_id too. it's so ridiculous, noone will care what your id is, but i still want one.

i just need to get my hands on that 500k installer, then steampowered.com can go **** itself for all i care. :/ maybe i should search around for other mirrors

is the new steam install file 500kb??

damn i am dl a file named steam2install.zip and that one is 5 mb big

the installer is 500k, you download it and open it, and the rest(prolly 20-40mb) will be downloaded during installation.

and that zip you have is the beta.

jedi academy? really?

worst game i ever has the misfortune to play.

jedi academy? really?

worst game i ever has the misfortune to play.

oh man i love that game.. the sabrefights are the best. also online..

thats ghey.

annyone have a working link for the steam non beta? should have been out 30 min ago.
I need to register my new nick before someone else grabs it.

btw my new nick is Pig****er, origina is´nt it :dork:

lol, you guys are gonna jizz in your pants when hl2 comes out if you think THAT game is good. :)

Originally posted by zangief
annyone have a working link for the steam non beta? should have been out 30 min ago.

No, its out in 30 minutes. Wait one more half-hour.

JK Academy is a good game, but i wouldnt buy it. maybe when the price comes to like $20.

I rather liked useing force grip on dark jedi to toss them over cliffs... whats wrong with that?

Originally posted by Goombatommy
JK Academy is a good game, but i wouldnt buy it. maybe when the price comes to like $20.

I know I am veering off topic but I hated the demo for that game....it felt just like JK2 which I am TIRED OF.

:cheers: :afro: :cheers: :afro:

woot not long to go..........

yeah but if everyones refreshing it 100 times a sec noone will download it :p
i been refreshing like once every minute now, and it just wont show up.

hehe , i'll use my 1337 h4x0r m4d sk1llz to press F5 faster than any j00 f00lz0rz0rz0rz!!!!!!1!11!!1one!1

lawl :)

tihi.. 15 minutes now!@#

whatever i wanna do to kill time either takes too long, or too short a time. sdfsfd

Its says on the much streamlined steampowered download page that existing users of steam will not need the 500k installer as there version will auto update. Is this true? thats what it says

Originally posted by MacGraham
Its says on the much streamlined steampowered download page that existing users of steam will not need the 500k installer as there version will auto update. Is this true? thats what it says

They just didn't change the top of the page.

Erik Johnson said that you'll have to download the new client.

Back