Is Steam gonna be realised in 4 hours?

holy god it's close now.

it might autoupdate, i have my steam turned on now and then to check if i can connect.

Originally posted by Feath
They just didn't change the top of the page.

Erik Johnson said that you'll have to download the new client.

do we have to delete steam? ore will the new installer do that?

Guys quick question...i dont know if this has been answered, but do you need at least 1 full version of either HL or its mods installed in order to use Steam v1.0?

I finally got through to the steam download page and its the same. No download links...NO ONE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

yea, same here.
The site keeps going up, and going down. They're doing something to it.

Apparently Valve are experiencing a DOS attack, that would explain the sporadic site performance.

Probably just us fanatics overloading their servers with lots of F5 presses! :eek:)

Hmm if the sites going up and down in theory thats a good sign, seeing that means they are doing Something whatever it may be.

the "dos attack" you mention is the constant refreshing of the page.

everyone's refreshing it to be first, but it's probably knocking the server off the network repeatedly :\

it's like that psychology experiment...

"i'm gonna give you all a piece of paper...write a 1 or 2 on it...
if there are 90% 1's i'll give everyone $10...but everyone who
wrote 2 gets $20...if there are less than 90% 1's...nobody gets
anything."

those experiments with random large groups of people ALWAYS end up with everyone getting nothing...:p

human nature = no steam :O

The Steam client initial download is about 500kB. Please select one of the links below to get started. (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

There are currently no download locations available.

The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th.

how sweet is that ?! :p

Back