Is there a god?

yes. jesus died on the cross for all of our sins, so we could could be with our lord in heaven.

I'm diest. God puts big infinitely massive ball of matter in middle of big universe. Sets things in motion. Universe goes boom, a little while later, man builds his little empire on Earth.

Z3r0_Skull said:
yes. jesus died on the cross for all of our sins, so we could could be with our lord in heaven.
Very much so he did.

Z3r0_Skull said:

One thing I never understood about christianity that I hope you (or someone) can clear up:

How can someone else be held accountable for your actions? I'm not sure of the
justification that in Jesus' death the sins of those who believe in him are wiped clean (from a christian standpoint anyways).

Nice work ressurecting a dead thread, by the way.

Bait said:
One thing I never understood about christianity that I hope you (or someone) can clear up:

How can someone else be held accountable for your actions? I'm not sure of the
justification that in Jesus' death the sins of those who believe in him are wiped clean (from a christian standpoint anyways).

Nice work ressurecting a dead thread, by the way.
It was only 2 days old...

All tangible evidence says that no supernatural entity exists or ever has.

But saying that, I'd bet my money that there's definitely either something scientifically radical or supernatural happening. Possibly both.

There may be a God, it may or not be one of the ones that people pray to like Buddha or Allah.

theSteven said:
There may be a God, it may or not be one of the ones that people pray to like Buddha or Allah.

Buddha isn't a god. Buddhists don't pray to him, but they revere him. You can compare it to saints in Catholicism. Sorta ....

on-topic
I don't believe in religion but I do believe in a higher power.

vegeta897 said:
How is that a catch 22?

He got moaned at for resurrecting a thread and if he made a new one he would also get moaned at.

A = B

B = A

/on topic

There must be a higher power. Like fate......

I think a higher power makes about as much sense as the easter bunny...
But thats just me

I'm gonna quote something I said a while back in the politics forum:

Tr0n said:
Faith and logic was never good together. :LOL: Look folks...it doesn't matter what you believe.

AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN IT...then it doesn't matter what other people say. It may be wrong...it may be right, but who cares? It's what you believe. I believe there is a god and I ain't gonna let any other sonnva'bitch tell me differently. I know many people here don't do that.

So it doesn't matter. You don't have to prove yourselves. I sure as hell don't.
Dunno if relates here much, but meh. I just own.

Tr0n, your avatar ****ing blows.

Once again, I'd like to think that a God exists but it just doesn't seem very likely, what with the lack of evidence and all.

Tr0n said:

When youre trying to debate the existance of a higher power, the best argument a beliver could put forward, is to put your hands over your ears, and shout.

Tr0n said:

I believe in Tr0nism, and its the best! NO MATTER WAT YUO PEEPLE SAY!

bvasgm said:
Once again, I'd like to think that a God exists but it just doesn't seem very likely, what with the lack of evidence and all.
Whats proof against it?

MTG_Maro said:
Whats proof against it?
What possible reason could you fathom up for the existence of god? Not our existence, I should hope, because that proves nothing more than that we exist and really says absolutely nothing about a god existing.

I believe in god as much as I believe that the human race is really flecks on a cosmic french fry in some fast food resturant. That is, not really at all, though I suppose it's a vague possibility. One I'm not likely to take into consideration.

MTG_Maro said:
Whats proof against it?

If you say something as ridiculous as this again I will kill you.

j/k

But no, I'm serious.

Ennui said:
I believe in god as much as I believe that the human race is really flecks on a cosmic french fry in some fast food resturant. That is, not really at all, though I suppose it's a vague possibility. One I'm not likely to take into consideration.
I'd hit that belief :O

The Big Bang, and science cant prove that because there could never be enough gravity to pull every single bit of matter into a point no bigger than half our finger, and Black Holes consume. And I was asking about proof against it, not that I had proof. But everything we perceive is what we think is there, but you cant prove that, only assume. Everything is what we made up, science was never there, we invented it, there was never a time, we made it up. So saying anything against anything is only assuming. I dont need a reason as long as its important to me, not someones opinion.

So basically you're saying you believe in god because you believe in god, and AINT NOTHING GON' CHANGE THAT?

That's fine. Faith is something you have that I do not, and if it makes grasping the universe easier on your brain then by all means believe in it.

I prefer to live my life as fully as possible, and that involves experiencing things without a gloss over them. So I'm tempted to believe only in that that makes sense.

Hello what the **** are you talking about ^__^

Maro, with your position, every belief is both contradicted and justified. You shouldn't even have to ask a question like "what's the proof against it" (sic) if that's the case.

Murray_H said:
i dunno, maybe. maybe god is a massive baby brb, back, and he said 'let there be light' in baby talk, and there was light and trees and people and stuff.

Then he did a big shit and the universe when 'wheeeee fizzle' and collapsed into 50 million pieces.

I was definately drunk when I had that epiphany

I am kinda being crazy with the whole everything is an opinion, but i cant find something against that. I belive in science and god, i couldnt only choose one cause some things in religion are just ludicrus, But as befor we made science; and its served us so far.

MTG_Maro said:
The Big Bang, and science cant prove that because there could never be enough gravity to pull every single bit of matter into a point no bigger than half our finger, and Black Holes consume. And I was asking about proof against it, not that I had proof. But everything we perceive is what we think is there, but you cant prove that, only assume. Everything is what we made up, science was never there, we invented it, there was never a time, we made it up. So saying anything against anything is only assuming. I dont need a reason as long as its important to me, not someones opinion.

We didn't make science up. We observed it and learned from it. Science isn't the creating of stories to get other people to believe it. There are facts and proof.

Maro...can you tell me why other religions are wrong and gods other than your own can't exist? There is no proof so I would like to hear how you know your god exists and other peoples gods don't.

Never said I could prove it. And can you prove we didnt make up science? And how can you prove against God, so far ive gotten my question answered with another question. And like I have said before, I belive in both.

MTG_Maro said:
Never said I could prove it. And can you prove we didnt make up science? And how can you prove against God, so far ive gotten my question answered with another question.

CAN YOU DISPROVE THAT THERE IS AN INTELLIGENT JELLY-LIKE CREATURE LIVING ON PLUTON IN THE DISTANT NEXLAR SYSTEM

Can you?

This is what we call an unfalsifiable (read: unassailable) position. It cannot be disproven any more than you can disprove that unicorns exist. This is why humanity has largely functioned on the burden of proof, in which we only bother ourselves with things worth believing in (read: are backed by evidence and sound reasoning).

I wouldnt even want to, has absolutly nothing to do with what I said. But i will say what i BELIEVE FROM SCIENCE. An alternate dimension. And science has made that theory more clear since the mass of a photon had been discovered. Seeing as how they detected more than one photon when there was only one at the time. Its not the only thing i have agreed with science.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU SAID

And please for the love of Pete, can you stop with the crazy sci-fi moon gibberish and speak in plain terms?

Absinthe said:
IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU SAID, NITWIT
You are assuming i said something i havent, i never stated i could ever disprove something or that i couldnt.

MTG_Maro said:
You are assuming i said something i havent, i never stated i could ever disprove something or that i couldnt.

No, you made the challenge of disproving the existence of god. Here, let me quote it all nice and neat for you.

bvasgm said:

MTG_Maro said:
Whats proof against it?

He asserted that there was a lack of evidence. You responded with some some dumb notion that there should be evidence of non-existence. Maybe you were trying to be clever, or perhaps you truly think that's a valid position to hold. But it isn't.

My challenge was rhetorical and extreme in order to illustrate a point: You cannot make a legitimate challenge for evidence against an unfalsifiable being.

Absinthe said:
He asserted that there was a lack of evidence. You responded with some some dumb notion that there should be evidence of non-existence. Maybe you were trying to be clever, or perhaps you truly think that's a valid position to hold. But it isn't.
Haven't you heard that saying "absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence" ?

Sparta said:
Haven't you heard that saying "absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence" ?

I have, and I've never claimed contrary to that.

You can't prove something doesn't exist...

Can you prove there is no flying spaghetti monster? No...it doesn't exist so there are no facts to find proving it doesn't.

Oh right. Sorry i jumped onboard late in the thread again and got confused reading your post. Sorry.

This entire conversation will only go back and forth.

"There's no proof it exists!"
"There's no proof it doesn't exist!"
"YEAH? WELL YOUR GHEY."
"NAH UH. YOUR GHEY."
"THERE'S PERFECT PROOF HERE THAT YOUR GHEY."
"YOUR MOM."
"MOTHER****ER!"

Back