Is There Any Difference?

The Xbox version has lower resolution textures. No other differences as far as I know.

But on the Xbox version you'll never have any of the good PC stuff, such as the different mods.

Afraid not, it is on PS2 though, complete with the add-on Decay.

Buy Half-Life Platinum Collection. It's HL1, plus the expansion, plus other games too.

In short:
No multiplayer
No mods
Some side areas removed
Worse graphics
Some props removed
Some pick-ups removed

Ah, PC gaming is the way forward, I think. For now, at least, it's slightly ahead with a couple of advantages.
Having said that, you need a more or less powerful computer to enjoy HL2 and similar games completely.

As far as I see it, PC gaming has always been superior. There has always been talk of PC gaming dying and consoles taking over, but frankly, I don't think PC gaming is any weaker now than it was 10 years ago.

My personal reason for opposing consoles is that the games on them are utterly non-customizable. Morrowind is one of my favorite games and is great because there are thousands of small and big plugins for it, obviously only for the PC. Likewise, the console (command console) in many games can provide a way around bugs, which is only possible on PCs.

For consols, you buy the game, you get the game, no mods, no xtras, just the game.

For PC, you can turn one game into another simply by tweaking, opimizing, etc.

...you get the point, PC is so worth it.

Solver said:
Likewise, the console (command console) in many games can provide a way around bugs, which is only possible on PCs.
The console for Morrowind also works on consoles :D

Sieg said:
For consols, you buy the game, you get the game, no mods, no xtras, just the game.

For PC, you can turn one game into another simply by tweaking, opimizing, etc.

...you get the point, PC is so worth it.
Exactly. And plus, a PC can do more than just gaming. Sure, thats what they're saying the next-gen consoles will do, but what PC's can do is much more advanced.

Beerdude26 said:
The console for Morrowind also works on consoles :D

You can't fix stuff like quests not recognized as completed or NPCs disappearing with it, can you?

ríomhaire said:
In short:
No multiplayer
No mods
Some side areas removed
Worse graphics
Some props removed
Some pick-ups removed

Basically playing the game the wrong way! :rolling:

It's meant to have a MOD community etc.

Back