Is this for real?!?!?!?!

That was closed by Munro here earlier, it's confidential information.

He he...FAK3R posted that here but his thread got deleted for posting confidential information....just after i read it :D

Edit: /\

Edit 2: Look...a Zombie
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:D

Hmm .. that wasn't a very nice thing for the guy to do.. (if it's for real)

Erik Johnson replied to it on steam forums, and yes it's real, and NO steam isn't the cause of the HL2 delay.

well Erik Johnson did reply to that thread at the steam forums so thats saying something....

omg. looks real to me

god see i feel better already..

if valve would just tell us the truth, we wouldn't want to bite there heads off

Originally posted by Quotidian---
omg. looks real to me

god see i feel better already..

if valve would just tell us the truth, we wouldn't want to bite there heads off

what truth did you get from that? what did you not already know that the email told you?

why hl2 was delayed.

not a rumor nothing jsut why. and the reason stated clearly is steam.

It's not funny. First he tricked Chris, which is bad enough as is, but the he tried to pretend that he's Munro. And then he posts the entire thing on the forums just for a laugh even though Valve asked him not to do it.

Originally posted by Quotidian---
why hl2 was delayed.

not a rumor nothing jsut why. and the reason stated clearly is steam.

did you happen to read Erik Johnsons reply?? he said steam is NOT the reason for HL2's delay.

and NOWHERE in the email does chris say that steam is the reason for the delay NOWHERE.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
It's not funny. First he tricked Chris, which is bad enough as is, but the he tried to pretend that he's Munro. And then he posts the entire thing on the forums just for a laugh even though Valve asked him not to do it.
no it WAS Munro.
FAK3R just intercepted the email. somehow.
at least that's what i get out of it.

Originally posted by @bel
no it WAS Munro.

Oh yeah LOL I'm sure Munro would do that. I mean definatelly good PR for HL2.net

no it WAS Munro.

some of the comments though are too....unprofessional, i dont believe munro would say them.

like "Doug says:
my email addy is [email protected] should Gabe want to send any legal
threats etc "

hmm...

"Doug says:
Heh so I'll get a very harsh slap if I should publish on the web then? "

hmmm..

"Doug says:
You sure I can't publish this? "

doesnt sound like anything munro would say...although thats just my thoughts.

its almost taunting...

*shrug* maybe it was munro, who knows.

Either way, posting it on steampowered.com and here was a really prick thing to do.

It doesn't endear us to Valve any when we complain about lack of updates and then snoop their email servers, spoof their emails on steam, and then publish something explicitly identified as proprietary information.

Really a prick thing to do.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
some of the comments though are too....unprofessional, i dont believe munro would say them.

like "Doug says:
my email addy is [email protected] should Gabe want to send any legal
threats etc "

hmm...

"Doug says:
Heh so I'll get a very harsh slap if I should publish on the web then? "

hmmm..

"Doug says:
You sure I can't publish this? "

doesnt sound like anything munro would say...although thats just my thoughts.
you're right at that.
really doesn't sound like munro's words.
hmmmm i wonder what HE has to say about this all.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
did you happen to read Erik Johnsons reply?? he said steam is NOT the reason for HL2's delay.

and NOWHERE in the email does chris say that steam is the reason for the delay NOWHERE.

he said they thought they needed to implement peer to peer in steam for the HL2 launch to succeed on steam. You can easily guess that they want the Hl2 launch to be succeed, and if steam wasnt ready...no good (online) launch.

you're right at that.
really doesn't sound like munro's words.
hmmmm i wonder what HE has to say about this all.

I'm pretty sure he's f*cking pissed, as anyone would be. That why he closed the other thread and will close this one.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm pretty sure he's f*cking pissed, as anyone would be. That why he closed the other thread and will close this one.

There is no point in closing this thread anymore as the email has spreaded in many forums already.

Originally posted by The more on
he said they thought they needed to implement peer to peer in steam for the HL2 launch to succeed on steam. You can easily guess that they want the Hl2 launch to be succeed, and if steam wasnt ready...no good (online) launch.

thats not the same as saying HL2 is delayed because of steam.

it's very very different in fact.

Sounds like someone trying to set up Munro.. I mean, either Munro is a real ****ing dumbass or it's some prick trying to make him look bad... it looks so.. 'setupish'.
Could be Fragmaster .. I'm kidding ;) We have no idea who it is..

If it was ready except for steam they probably would have told us that it had gone gold

Edit: Yay im a zombie now, off topic, but still yay!!

I've found an interesting thread that was posted by munro on the 25th of september:

"It might be an idea to have some kind of email activation to confirm people's email addresses are real. It would stop a lot of misuse by people pretending to be valve employees online. As a test I successfully used Doug's email address and name. Anyone could believe I am him and I could cause a lot of damage with false information. It needs sorting asap."

You'll find it here: http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=128130#post128130.

Originally posted by Shakermaker
I've found an interesting thread that was posted by munro on the 25th op september:

"It might be an idea to have some kind of email activation to confirm people's email addresses are real. It would stop a lot of misuse by people pretending to be valve employees online. As a test I successfully used Doug's email address and name. Anyone could believe I am him and I could cause a lot of damage with false information. It needs sorting asap."

You'll find it here. http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=128130#post128130.

wow, thats unexpected.

bad Munro, bad bad munro!

Holy crap this is really sad...

I hope this doesn't screw up progress on HL2, that would extremely suck ass.

i hope you all noticed erik johnson's reply to the post.

- Did Steam delay Half-Life 2?

No.

We all feel a bit crummy about any of our customers being confused by all this, hope this clears things up.

Originally posted by DaveKap
Holy crap this is really sad...

I hope this doesn't screw up progress on HL2, that would extremely suck ass.
Nah, its really not much new info. Valve has said they wanted to do Peer2Peer for a while. The delay very well could have been for much bigger reasons (major bugs, localization, etc). It is interesting to see that they don't seem to have solid plans set for steam though.....

Originally posted by The more on
Another lie,yes-
If it was, how come Erik replied to the post.
Also I'd like to hear from Munro on the subject...

Originally posted by TheWall421
Seems very legit to me, though i want to hear what munro has to say

No, i mean this:

- Did Steam delay Half-Life 2?

No.

lie because i think that Steam had something to do with the delay of HL2.

ya like i said...don't ignore:

a. the fact that erik replied to the post
b. what he said

Back