Isnt it just like...old times Mod (not just any other mod)

20 bucks says there is no 12-18 hour map completed where excellent crits were recieved. Its all hypothetical and he believed that this is such a great idea that he needs the instant recognition and is so sure of its success that he excites the public by announcing this sudden phenomenon-of-a-mod without evidence.

I come to this conclusion soley based upon the content of your posts. You would not ahve waited this long to announce to the public of such a mod. It is all merily an idea which he has in mind in which he so enthusiastically believes will come true so he posts false content mainly to excite the audience.

You got the name "Isn't it just like... old times" from GMAN in the halflife 2 video. You simply thought it was so cool how he said it and connected your idea of a mod with that name, instead of coming up of a name for your mod. With this in mind, there is no possible way your mapper could have completed a 12-18 hour long map reflecting previous work done in halflife by the time that halflife2 video was complete.

Also, in the title you mentioned (not just any other mod) when in fact it is exatcly like other games because the idea of this mod is it takes place in areas taht already exist. And even besides taht point, Op4 and Blue shift all ahve that same idea where you play in Black Mesa and you visit areas seen in other games, even though it is in the present.

There are only two outcomes of this:
1: You release this mod and im am blow away in disbelief.
2: You are stunned over the fact that I know this and will insist in posting comments flaming my judgement.

Have a nice day. -becarefull what you say-
-i4D

Actually the real two outcomes are:
1. You will feel like an idiot when it is released.
2. You'll feel like an idiot when I get the website, IRC channel, and more WIPs made viewable.

If you choose not to believe this mod exists, to each his own.
Oh, and we didn't have a title that suited our mod Einstein. So after watching the video, Just Like Old Times seemed to fit perfectly. It isn't like any other mod, because no other mod is doing this. And I waited this long, wait, no I didn't. I simply waited long enough so that all the info was correct and proven. You shouldn't knock mods, especially when you don't have the skills or abilites or even the will power to make a mod. Thanks for your time, dumbass.

Very cranky, sorry if I came off bad, which I did. You just need to be put in your place, and not just post your random idiotic thoughts on the forum.

Originally posted by guinny
Actually the real two outcomes are:
1. You will feel like an idiot when it is released.
2. You'll feel like an idiot when I get the website, IRC channel, and more WIPs made viewable.

If you choose not to believe this mod exists, to each his own.
Oh, and we didn't have a title that suited our mod Einstein. So after watching the video, Just Like Old Times seemed to fit perfectly. It isn't like any other mod, because no other mod is doing this. And I waited this long, wait, no I didn't. I simply waited long enough so that all the info was correct and proven. You shouldn't knock mods, especially when you don't have the skills or abilites or even the will power to make a mod. Thanks for your time, dumbass.

Very cranky, sorry if I came off bad, which I did. You just need to be put in your place, and not just post your random idiotic thoughts on the forum.

sure, the idea of the mod might exist, but im guessing you dont have the HL2 SDK, have you ever worked with the HL SDK? so far you've shown a decent looking (from what is shown) model of a gun, you said you had maps on the HL engine, but do you have someone who knows c++ and is going to actually code this? do they have experience? tons of mods get announced with lofty ideas and they just dont pan out, for whatever reason.

BTW can you upload an image with the weapon turned 90 degrees on the horizontal, and without the hand/arm?

thanks, best of luck with your mod.

:)

Ok here we go.
you are mistakenly the one who misrepresents people.

"especially when you don't have the skills or abilites or even the will power to make a mod"
-You are talking to lead modeller for Unreal Fotress 2003
http://www.planetunreal.com/unf2003
-You are talking to Freelance modeller for the Upcoming Existence 2 mod for HL2
http://www.alcrifice.com/neo3.jpg
-You are talking to freelance Mapper for Snow War
http://www.alcrifice.com/sw_i4d1/sw_i4d1.htm
-You are talking to the official Modeller/Animator for the Upcoming sven Coop 2 in which the game will be announced in a day or two on the website.
http://www.svencoop.com

I say these things because I do have the experience. Like I said before, the only thing that drives me not to believe this the content in your posts. You are too immature to lead such a team.
-You so free-willingly called me a dumbass instead of maturily handling the situation
-You still refused to post images even after that complaint.

Sorry if these posts make you steam but thats just what I believe.
-i4D

I have offered my help to guinny, but he has been silent the last couple of days. Dont no why.

But anyway, I know c/c++, mapping, sound/music engineering and even modelling.

I've been on the Q3fortress team (www.q3f.com)
and the Uncrossable Parallells mod for HL.

Impaqt, I already gave you the heads up your on the team silly. :)
And infinyte. Don't talk to me about maturity, especially when you made childish assumptions about the mod. I didn't have to release any info at all about it, and just one day magically pop up with the first version. You had absolutely no right making those statements, and that's immaturity. Don't be a hypocrite, I'd like to like you, especially someone with your modding talent.

Hey, its just what I believe based on what you have shown. I have a right to any assumption I want, and by telling me I dont is not going to change my view at all.

I said this because of your completly unprofessional way of presenting so much. And it would be hard to believe, comparing to all the prepared and failed mods out there, that this could be true and not be another one of those mods. If you understand the point im trying to get across then you'll understand why i said what i said.

And the only reason I said this publicly is because ive seen too many people get lured into working for mods because of false information with nothing to show from the beginning. As I can see you are already recruiting.

No hard feelings
-i4D

No, not at all. Sorry if my presence has given off an unprofessional vibe, but after all, I'm human, I'm young, and I like to interact with people not talking like a walking vocabulary book. It just makes it easier on the community. No hard feelings, I hope you make it onto, or start your own mod for HL2, I'm sure it will be crazy fun.:)

Lets all be friends :p

but guinny, you should get a real public relations guy :>

Hmm, I guess I am. But I need every document/media etc. so that I can write a proper "intro" to the mod.

so guinny, way to avoid my comments, how about that gun render rotated 90 degrees? without the arm and hand.

also if you expect to use jlot.net as your mods website you should probably register before someone else does.....

Okay, this is probably way too late, and you have the beginning figured out, but I was thinking about this before I saw this thread. About going back to BM with the new engine. Anyway...

You could be on the tram, except out in space like the way it ended, and it's frying along at warp speed. But if you were looking real close, you could see a tunnel, ahead of you, fading into view... You realize that it's the unloading dock where the tram dropped you the first time. As it comes closer, you slow down to tram speed, as the stars fade away. And Barney (the new barney or course) walks over to let you out. And he lets you into the lab where it started, except instead of the way it should be, everything is blown up and irradiated and stuff.

I dunno. I just thought that would really cool.

... :rolleyes:

-Phision

Back