IT IS OFFIZIELL! HL2 COMES ON 30th SEP. NO FAKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The biggest german Gamesite www.gamestar.de has information that HL2 comes on 30th sep. in USA! Greg Coomber from Valve tells this in London on the ECTS Show to EUROGamers.

Original Message:
Auf der ECTS-Messe in London haben die Kollegen der Website EuroGamers mit Greg Coomber von Valve gesprochen. Der hat ausgeplaudert, dass der Ego-Shooter Half-Life 2 planmäßig bis zum 30. September 2003 in den USA in die Läden kommt.

:cheers: Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :cheese:

Is this true?

I tought the ects was old news?

A game website knows as much as the rest of us. It's got it's information through 3rd party people like the rest of us.

It has no official information..................... like the rest of us.

Gah, gonna re-open the thread. Don't make me regret it.

Guten Morgen, ECTS war am 28.08.2003. Genau wie die Meldung.
Good morning, ECTS was last month. This is OOOOOLD NEWS.
At ECTS we heard SEVERAL times, that HL2 will be out Sept. 30.
That's why all stick to this date and call it offical.

But nice, that you lived under a rock for 30 days...

Why close it and reopen it?

We can use this thread for all the newest rumors and 3th part news for the 30th release date, but not for any kind of delay info. So this will be a good-news thread!

Auf der ECTS-Messe in London haben die Kollegen der Website EuroGamers mit Greg Coomber von Valve gesprochen. Der hat ausgeplaudert, dass der Ego-Shooter Half-Life 2 planmäßig bis zum 30. September 2003 in den USA in die Läden kommt.

On the ECTS-event in London the colleagues of the website Eurogamers have spoken to Valve's Greg Coomber. He told them that the FPS HL2 is bound to arrive at the shops in the US on the 30th of September.

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/13919/

A translation of this:

Messages according to what helped-Life 2 should be distributed-data today over the Vertriebsplattform Steam, did not verify itself until now. That »official announcement«, of that moreover the speech was, is missing also. Nevertheless it gives novelties to the planned helped-Life 2-Special Edition. That should be according to Erik Johnson (Valve) in the DVD-format available. According to official statements, helped-Life 2 appears on the 30 September.

Wasn't ECTS weeks and weeks ago?! This is very old news. Valve said it was Sept. 30th still, but who knows whats going on now.

taken from city-17:

As the days between present and the release of Half-Life 2 become less and less, we see people speaking their mind on the relese date, and if Valve will make the date or not. Of course this is all speculation, as nothing is official. However, today we received an email from a fan who was talking to the manager at the local GameSpot. Here is what he had to say:

About an hour ago I talked to a manager at the local GameSpot about Half-Life 2. I asked him about the release date and about all the rumors relating to it. He said that it wasn't going to make its September 30th date. He knew this because he recently went to a training seminar where Valve showed up and talked about HL2, showing the same footage from E3. They said that unfortunately they would not make their date but would release it hopefully sometime before Christmas.
Although this is still not official, when I went down to talk to the guys at EB this past weekend, they gave me similar information, although it was their suppliers that got the information, and not them directly.

As always, we'll try to keep you guys informed on all the information going around, in an attempt to iron out the BS, and bring you the most accurate and true speculation as humanly possible. More as it develops.

Not good

Originally posted by Kenny
Why close it and reopen it?

We can use this thread for all the newest rumors and 3th part news for the 30th release date, but not for any kind of delay info. So this will be a good-news thread!

Because it's more un-official crap and I'm amazed that "Germanys biggest game website" would post it. Perhaps they don't care about quality of content.

The reason I closed it is that most people are getting sick of these threads, I only re-opened it because at the time it haden't turned into flame-central.

Originally posted by Vipex
taken from city-17:

As the days between present and the release of Half-Life 2 become less and less, we see people speaking their mind on the relese date, and if Valve will make the date or not. Of course this is all speculation, as nothing is official. However, today we received an email from a fan who was talking to the manager at the local GameSpot. Here is what he had to say:

About an hour ago I talked to a manager at the local GameSpot about Half-Life 2. I asked him about the release date and about all the rumors relating to it. He said that it wasn't going to make its September 30th date. He knew this because he recently went to a training seminar where Valve showed up and talked about HL2, showing the same footage from E3. They said that unfortunately they would not make their date but would release it hopefully sometime before Christmas.
Although this is still not official, when I went down to talk to the guys at EB this past weekend, they gave me similar information, although it was their suppliers that got the information, and not them directly.

As always, we'll try to keep you guys informed on all the information going around, in an attempt to iron out the BS, and bring you the most accurate and true speculation as humanly possible. More as it develops.

Not good
Already been posted...sigh...

taken from city-17:

Not good

Again, more crap posted by a proper website. I guess they don't care about quality of content either.

Originally posted by e.GoRe
http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/13919/

A translation of this:

Messages according to what helped-Life 2 should be distributed-data today over the Vertriebsplattform Steam, did not verify itself until now. That »official announcement«, of that moreover the speech was, is missing also. Nevertheless it gives novelties to the planned helped-Life 2-Special Edition. That should be according to Erik Johnson (Valve) in the DVD-format available. According to official statements, helped-Life 2 appears on the 30 September.

A horrible translation :)
"helped life 2" :)

News that claim HL2 data will be distributed via Steam today, have not been come true until now. The "offical announcement" that was talked about also hasn't happened/is missing, too. But there are news about the planned HL2-Special-Edition. According to Erik Johnsons (Valve) it will be on DVD. Offical staments say, that HL2 will be released Sept. 30th (they hot-link to the 1 month old ECTS news)

I think that this last week before 30th Septmember, there will come more and more rumors then we've ever seen. It will be a crazy week for us all.

Originally posted by D33
Because it's more un-official crap and I'm amazed that "Germanys biggest game website" would post it. Perhaps they don't care about quality of content.

The reason I closed it is that most people are getting sick of these threads, I only re-opened it because at the time it haden't turned into flame-central.

It's not unofficial. It's just really old news. ECTS ended on the 29th of August.

If this was the truth, about them announcing the delay at a 'conference' we probably would have heard it by now from people who were actually there.

True, it might be delayed, but I'm highly skeptical about any 'announcement' being made to that topic. Why would valve even go to a marketing conference? Wouldnt that be Vivendi's role?

Besides, EB has nothing to do with a Steam release, on 9/30, or any other date.

Originally posted by D33

It's NOT fault of Gamestar that some german kid shows their news from 8/28 as brand new stuff. Gamestar did nothing wrong.

Gamestar takes information from here. They said, they awaited an official announcement which should be made on Monday or so. The announcemend on the 22nd was a rumour. Spitcodfry only said, that they will upload HL2 trough steam a week before the release date and announce it to the user. So hypotheticaly, if the release date is 30th, the announcement should be made around 22th. He never said there will BE an announcement on the 22nd.

The latest news on gamestar.de is, that there was no announcement and that the special edition will be on DVD. They take their info from here. They often refer to halflife2.net's forum.

jplove regurgigated news from the 28th of August 2003, without checking the sources.

If you're a literate person and actually well versed in the German language, you'll notice that Gamestar makes no blunt statements that they cannot back up. The news, may they originate from official or unofficial sources, are phrased in a professional way. Unless you have the proper education, you may not notice that they take a distance from the sources they quote in their news, by the way they phrase their sentences.

Anyway, I find their style of writing to be far superior to what one can find on amateur Half-Life 2 fan-sites.

'helfen' - to help, and 'half' is the simple past; hence Half-Life2 becomes Helped-Life2.

I think its kind of funny that when ever sombody posts about a " Delay" That the post is locked then deleted. But when Its about it coming out on time on the 30th the post stays! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back