It's just a song,so why is nobody singing along?

baxter

Reaction score
A four-minute video of the performance, posted on the Internet, showed Cpl. Joshua Belile, who returned home from Iraq in March, singing lyrics about encountering an Iraqi woman and her family.

He sings, "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally."

"I apologise for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community. This song was written in good humour and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic."

Maybe it's just me but I didn't really find it that humorous.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=878542006

look at the billboard top 20 here in the states. im willing to bet that 90% of them are similar. besides, the kid probably needed an outlet. ****s sake you guys are uptight.

Your top 20 is filled with kill-o-graphic iraqi-killing anthems?

Or are you talking about gangsta rap?

Sulkdodds said:
Your top 20 is filled with kill-o-graphic iraqi-killing anthems?

Or are you talking about gangsta rap?

gangsta rap and the country songs that all say stuff like "bomb the hell out of the middle east". Of course there's also the teenie bopper songs, and you can never be too sure about those :upstare:

Yeah, there's gangsta rap (which is admittedly crazy and stupid, for the most part).

But you might say that gangstas and rappers are not supposed to be representative of the US government or of their foreign policy in places where utmost care and consideration is required to win hearts and minds...of course, you could also argue that gangstas and rappers are as representative of the nation of America as the any soldier. But that would be a bit cynical. You might also say that the government does not support gangster rap but does support soldiers. That would probably be a bit cynical as well.

If he did it in uniform with branch/US insignia visible that's very ****ing stupid and every soldier, airman, marine, etc knows this. When you're in uniform you're representing that branch/the US government. That's often why when making parody videos (Even if they're not bad, but say they contain a funny theme involving sex etc) soldiers won't do it in their BDU's or will block out all the insignias.

Honestly, I thought it was a catchy tune. Can't say that the words were great but I've heard a lot worse. I'm sure songs like this have been around since warfare first reared its ugly head in human history. It's probably a coping mechanism for some that have been to war.

Yeah, it's tasteless and nasty, but I'd prefer him coping by singing about doing this to actually doing it.

read this in the paper this morning. Incredible how stupid people can be..
I'd say let him sing a song about how American civilians dive off the WTC. Lets see if his "humor" can handle that aswell :)

Ome_Vince said:
read this in the paper this morning. Incredible how stupid people can be..
I'd say let him sing a song about how American civilians dive off the WTC. Lets see if his "humor" can handle that aswell :)

The ytmnd featuring the WTC fires with the "Terrorists Win" audio from Counter-Strike comes to mind... :|

I think he was being sarcastic, because THEY are the ones that have to go in fornt of kids and have bullets tear through their bodies.

Don't make sulkdodd go another week of rapping, man that was wack.

15357 said:
I think he was being sarcastic, because THEY are the ones that have to go in fornt of kids and have bullets tear through their bodies.

at least they know the risks: they chose their profession ..civilians facing the bullet were never given that choice

the guy's an idiot but I think it echoes the sentiment of some coalition soldiers ...not so much that they want iraqis dead more that they see them as less than human or are worth less

Yeah, this is so awful and retarded that it defies belief. You see something like this and then people wonder why we haven't won over the 'hearts and minds' of the Iraqi people?! Geez...this world....

CptStern said:
at least they know the risks: they chose their profession ..civilians facing the bullet were never given that choice

the guy's an idiot but I think it echoes the sentiment of some coalition soldiers ...not so much that they want iraqis dead more that they see them as less than human or are worth less

Well, I think that the guy was expressing (in a stupid way) his frustration at being vilianified, much less thanked for being mutilated for them.

If he was mutillated, how did he play the guitar? :O

EDIT: lol, great plan. "I am fed up of being seen as the villain and so I shall sing a song about killing small foreign children and cackling like a two-bit bond baddy! Ahaha!"

Sulkdodds said:
If he was mutillated, how did he play the guitar? :O

EDIT: lol, great plan. "I am fed up of being seen as the villain and so I shall sing a song about killing small foreign children and cackling like a two-bit bond baddy! Ahaha!"

I mean that of his comrades. :p

15357 said:
Well, I think that the guy was expressing (in a stupid way) his frustration at being vilianified, much less thanked for being mutilated for them.

so he complains of being villified by singing a song about murdering women and children ..ya that makes a lot of sense

there was no frustration ..it was meant as a joke ...here watch the video

http://www.cair.com/video/marine-hadji-girl.wmv

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally. . .I blew those little f**kers to eternity . . .They should have known they were f**king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics."

*sings along* rofl. :LOL: How do you dl this?

Hadji girl love you anyway... She wanted me to go meet her family... They pull down their AKs so I could seee.... eternity....

That guys a good singer. I'm thinking that it must have been great for morale. :D

And that guy was plainly joking. And it also gives a little insight into the War against Terror: nobody can be trusted. Not even the girls.

I kinda feel a bit bad, but that really was a funny song. :)

Edit: nvm. Downloaded this.

15357 said:
*sings along* rofl. :LOL: How do you dl this?

Hadji girl love you anyway... She wanted me to go meet her family... They pull down their AKs so I could seee.... eternity....

That guys a good singer. I'm thinking that it must have been great for morale. :D

And that guy was plainly joking. And it also gives a little insight into the War against Terror: nobody can be trusted. Not even the girls.

I kinda feel a bit bad, but that really was a funny song. :)

Edit: nvm. Downloaded this.

...:|
Get the **** out of this forum

gh0st said:
look at the billboard top 20 here in the states. im willing to bet that 90% of them are similar. besides, the kid probably needed an outlet. ****s sake you guys are uptight.
so you wouldn't be annoyed if a huge country you've been taught your entire life to hate and abhor just rolled up in the united states, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians for little reason, and then sung a song about grabbing your little sister and then blowing her life away while cackling about it?

It was supposed to be funny. Well that's pretty ****ed up.

"look at the billboard top 20 here in the states. im willing to bet that 90% of them are similar."

America's 18 most popular songs are about gleefully shooting children in the face?

How much were you willing to bet again?

Checking the actual list, nearly all the songs are about love/sex.

But I guess they must be child murderers anyways, because they're black?

Hey. The ability to find humor in the darkest of things is not something to be punished. I consider it an admirable trait.

This, of course, is not to say that the song is by any means hilarious. But numbers and DreadLord find it funny, so be it.

I do believe death can be humorous if it's stupidly self-inflicted, or if there is a strong presence of irony involved.

But I find there really is little that's funny in this song. I guess I phased out of this sort of grotesque and sadistic humor long ago. If you find it comical, then alright. I just don't see why you would.

it would probably be funny if there werent so many instances of US soldiers murdering civilians

CptStern said:
it would probably be funny if there werent so many instances of US soldiers murdering civilians

Agreed.

But I still got a chuckle out of it. It's clearly meant in good humor, but the acts of others kind of makes it a bigger deal.

but it's kinda like if immediately after 9/11 people started doing parody songs about people jumping to their deaths or being crushed by falling debris ...it's in poor taste but this is even moreso because the people who are laughing (US soldiers) are the ones responsible for the murders

CptStern said:
but it's kinda like if immediately after 9/11 people started doing parody songs about people jumping to their deaths or being crushed by falling debris ...

You don't think there was?

by singing about brutally massacring the people you are there to help?

I don't see the song being about genocide of Iraqis.

The guy shouldn't have done this in the first place.

"Durka durka, Mohammed Jihad. Sherpa sherpa, bak allah"

The guy shouldn't have done this in the first place.

well when your in Iraq for a number of months, i too would find an outlet through music, but mine wouldn't be as "tame" as his when it comes to Iraqi genocide under Saddam's regime

Name: "AçкяØñ"

Hobbies: In a h4rdc0r3 gaming clan.

Quality of opinion: totally unsurprising in light of the above.

lol omg... i just noticed that about myslef... lmfao... thats pretty funny