JACK THOMPSON thread

mysteryman

Reaction score
Jack Thompson Wipes Booty
17977_624bgWhite.jpg

He is an American attorney and activist who is out to extinguish violent video games.He has lobbied extensively to stop production of famous video games such as The Sims 2 and GTA: Vice City. Obviously, the gaming community is ticked off about his lobbying activities that some gamers have invented the "Jack Thompson Toilet Paper".Although selling for $5.95 per roll, the product has been receiving positive feedback from gaming addicts and Thompson haters, some are even asking if there is a colored and two ply variety of the said toilet paper.
===============
Getting Stoned Over Violent Games
19048_marijuana2.jpg

First it was Jack Thompson, now this. According to a study conducted by Dr. Sonya Brady of the University of California, violent games draw young men into getting hooked on smoking pot. She, together with Professor Karen Matthews of the University of Pittsburgh, carried out a study that involved 100 male undegrads aging 18-21. These men were then asked to play GTA 3 or The Simpsons: Hit and Run. The study now claims that men who have just played a violent game such as GTA are more likely to see others' attitudes towards them as hostile, smoke marijuana, and drink alcohol.
================
Jack Thompson Strikes Back!
22798_thompsonghdhgasggaa.jpg

Antigame activist lawyer Jack Thompson is back! This time he is suing Florida’s legal regulatory association for conspiring “against his rights as a citizen”. This after he lost a court battle with game-industry players, including the makers of Grand Theft Auto. Thompson believes “the Bar has been collaborating with opposing lawyers in his lawsuits over Grand Theft Auto and Howard Stern, encouraging them to file Strategic Litigation Against Public Participation (SLAPP) complaints against him for over a year and a half.” For those of you who missed that episode of Law and Order, SLAPP complaint is a lawsuit “intended to discourage a party from expressing a certain point of view by intimidation and the burden of legal costs associated with defending oneself against the complaint.” Thompson has been leading a crusade to stop violent video games. Depending on which side you’re on, he’s either a hero or a jerk.
================
Jack Thompson's Book 'Out Of Harms Way' gets in harms way...
21657_3060000000053043.jpg

He's written books, held forums, and gone as far as threatening to sue a lot of people and companies, and then sued some.

In every law suit, theres always someone who doesn't like either party and in this case hatred for Jack is greater. Someone by the user name 'charitablekarma' has listed Mr Thompson's book on eBay, but you're not bidding for the book, no, you're bidding on how it will meet its death. You can be as creative as you want but the seller says:

"The only exceptions to this are nothing involving genitalia, bodily functions, fluids, wastes, and I will not make anyone or animal consume it. Have fun with this, but keep it SFW (safe for work)."

Bidding on this item doesn't fund the auctioneer in anyway, instead, all money goes to Get Well Gamers, an organisation which goes to help children at hospital by supplying consoles. Expect alot of coverage of this item and already bids remain at $75, and is expected to go well into 3 figures. Lets hope this act of destruction gets a lot of money for the needy organisation.

Too bad Jack is like a gnat...annoying, and really doesn't do anything else...

Finally, a place to post all of his cock-ups.

Avoid living up to his gamer stereotype in this thread.. I don't want to see any immature "OMG OWNZ HIM WIT TEH AWP!!>!!11 OLOLOOOo" posts.

OMGZ CyberPitz u so imatur! im gunna blow u brains out f00!*smokes some pot*

*Runs away and hides*

bliink said:
Avoid living up to his gamer stereotype in this thread.. I don't want to see any immature "OMG OWNZ HIM WIT TEH AWP!!>!!11 OLOLOOOo" posts.

I don't even know what that means.

I swear, if i ever meet him in real life...i would take him out for dinner, talk to him and seem like im a nice guy, take him to a LAN cafe and play some with him...then on the way back home i would kidnap him, tie him up at some place. And then EVERYDAY for the next 10 years i would come in, torture him and brainwash him that HE IS WRONNGGGG WRONNGGGG WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG about games. And every night i will have a monitor on with game videos playing on it.

Then after 10 years i would release him..but then he would say "look what games did to him to do to me!" so i would just let him rott without food.

But yeah, thats just me...

Eh, he isnt news anymore
We got over caring months ago so I would prefer to see this thread locked

john3571000 said:
Eh, he isnt news anymore

Truth quotation + seconded.

john3571000 said:
Eh, he isnt news anymore

Indeed.

Who's Jack Thompson?

[/sarcasm before some of you start explaining... Ugh I really do make it difficult for myself]

Ravioli said:
I swear, if i ever meet him in real life...i would take him out for dinner, talk to him and seem like im a nice guy, take him to a LAN cafe and play some with him...then on the way back home i would kidnap him, tie him up at some place. And then EVERYDAY for the next 10 years i would come in, torture him and brainwash him that HE IS WRONNGGGG WRONNGGGG WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG about games. And every night i will have a monitor on with game videos playing on it.

Then after 10 years i would release him..but then he would say "look what games did to him to do to me!" so i would just let him rott without food.

I wouldn't go to that extent, besides he provide another entertainment.
The guys just simply lunatic and hilarious!:cheese:

bliink said:

Ravioli said:

This thread is randomly hilarious.

You can count on Ravioli to make a fool of himself.

"The Jews are the scum of the Earth, they are not human, have never been human, and I seriously am beggining to doubt that they were a people."

-Jack Thompson, commonly misattributed to Adolf Hitler

Jack Thompson Sues World

D: (Would this be possible? :p)

bliink said:
Good call.
I think the whole "Yay I can wipe my arse with his name!" thing is pretty childish to be honest. Not to mention the fact that anyone who actually wastes their money on it is a confounded moron. As well as childish. That's a heady mix right there.

What Ravioli said (up until the whole kidnapping bit) is a lovely idea, but the fact is that there is no way in Hell Jack Thompson is going to listen to reasonable, rational thought. It hasn't helped him get where he is today; why should he start caring now? Nope, sensationalism, blatant self-promotion and a dizzying sense misplaced arrogance - that's the ticket.

Look, I know i'm gonna get flammed to hell because of this post, but some of what he's doing is kinda right. For example, you would probably all remember rockstars Manhunt and how violent that was. I personally don't want GTA: SA banned but I would like to see it smacked with an R tag on it. However, I don't think he should be chasing after games that DON'T contain BOTH Sexual refrences AND Violence

the_rebel_medic said:
Look, I know i'm gonna get flammed to hell because of this post, but some of what he's doing is kinda right. For example, you would probably all remember rockstars Manhunt and how violent that was. I personally don't want GTA: SA banned but I would like to see it smacked with an R tag on it. However, I don't think he should be chasing after games that DON'T contain BOTH Sexual refrences AND Violence

What was wrong with Manhunt? It was a good game. And where do you live? Never seen the "R" rating applied to games before.

And I don't think he should be chasing after anything except for his own sanity. People can buy what they want, it is ALWAYS very clear what the content of a game is. No one in their right mind buys "Manhunt" or "GTA" without knowing the contents. Also, no one buys a Barbie game and gets graphic violence. The rating system isn't even really necessary much less government regulation.

smwScott said:
What was wrong with Manhunt? It was a good game. And where do you live? Never seen the "R" rating applied to games before.

And I don't think he should be chasing after anything except for his own sanity. People can buy what they want, it is ALWAYS very clear what the content of a game is. No one in their right mind buys "Manhunt" or "GTA" without knowing the contents. Also, no one buys a Barbie game and gets graphic violence. The rating system isn't even really necessary much less government regulation.
Manhunt would be the sole game that I would ban from the world if I had that power. Seriously, it's too ****ed up.

Beerdude26 said:
Manhunt would be the sole game that I would ban from the world if I had that power. Seriously, it's too ****ed up.

For you maybe. But why would you even consider banning it? Why care? Just choose not to play it. Why concern yourself with what other people choose to do for entertainment?

I just don't understand this obsession with regulating other peoples morality. Even if you were being sarcastic, there are too many people out there who just need to mind their own goddamn business.

smwScott said:
For you maybe. But why would you even consider banning it? Why care? Just choose not to play it. Why concern yourself with what other people choose to do for entertainment?

I just don't understand this obsession with regulating other peoples morality. Even if you were being sarcastic, there are too many people out there who just need to mind their own goddamn business.
Well for starters, our Western societies place a very high value on our childrens' physical and mental well being
Violence is a traumatising thing and most would regard children as more vulnerable to it - hence the desire to protect non-adults. At its core is protection n ot censorship although some have twisted the former for their own agendas
The way of the world unfortunately

My beef with Jack Thompson lies not because of his campaign for greater regulation, but with the fact that he's a c*nt in how he goes about it and, indeed, in everything he does.

Beerend said:
Jack Thompson Sues World
Lies! That's my plan! I'm going to sue the world for creating a 'culture of violence' and thus causing the death of some guy. I will win the case because the Judge will be unnervingly prescient. I will then demand one pence in damages from every human being on this planet. I will accumulate approximately seven billion pence and concentrate it all into making the world a better place.

Back