Jedi Academy demo out!

Heh, funny, I already finished full version :) Great fun.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Heh, funny, I already finished full version :) Great fun.
I heard the game isn't even that long. I'm on the mission where I have to infiltrate the Sandcrawler.

AS IN WAREZ.

Wesa gots warez monkeys here to! sheesh!

Eh... game is out already, what are you talking about?

No, it's not out yet. See other JA thread with Munro.

yes it is out....the Beta Warez version came out two days before the proper game did..

Why, like i'll get in trouble for talking about warez, Im not distrubuting it on these forums.

Besides why would munro care.

the double sided saber goes through the character.... and it preforms way worse then jk2 wtfuxor?

Jagermeister=misinformed.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Price: $49.99

Availability: This item will be released on September 16, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
www.amazon.com

The game IS NOT out yet. I'm NOT accusing ANYONE of warez (so stop accusing yourself, nw909). And Jagermeister, please read the other thread on Jedi Academy, Munro explicitly states that the game is not yet released. I am merely repeating what he has said.

So don't be rude, quit that 'tude! *badoom, ching!

Edit: Beat the demo, very short. Graphics are the same as Outcast (though it does have DirectX 9 stuff so we'll be seeing it in benchmarks). The gameplay is same: jump, slash, jump, slash. Though battles with multiple enemy jedis are so cool. Customization options are anyone's dream (lightsaber hilt, color, style...oh yeah!) Guns are limited to carrying only 2-3. The levels, if those are indeed entire levels, are really short. And I hope to goodness that there are more levels, than just those blacked out, in the entire game. But seriously, this should've been an expansion more than a full game.

Originally posted by Javert

Availability: This item will be released on September 16, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
www.amazon.com

The game IS NOT out yet. I'm NOT accusing ANYONE of warez (so stop accusing yourself, nw909). And Jagermeister, please read the other thread on Jedi Academy, Munro explicitly states that the game is not yet released. I am merely repeating what he has said.

Edit: Beat the demo, very short. Graphics are the same as Outcast (though it does have DirectX 9 stuff so we'll be seeing it in benchmarks). The gameplay is same: jump, slash, jump, slash. Though battles with multiple enemy jedis are so cool. Customization options are anyone's dream (lightsaber hilt, color, style...oh yeah!) Guns are limited to carrying only 2-3. The levels, if those are indeed entire levels, are really short. And I hope to goodness that there are more levels, than just those blacked out, in the entire game. But seriously, this should've been an expansion more than a full game.
I have yet to find the use for the weapons (except nades). I dont get why they are there at all, you are a jedi student, they are supposed to forsake all weaponry except the lightsaber... Lack of logic there. They should have skipped all weapons and concentrated on the lightsaber. It handles the same as it did in JKO. I havent played through it all yet (what? I aint warezing it. I... uhm... got it from a friend... Wait, thats not good... I found it in the street! ;)), but it appears to have quite a few levels. The batch of 5 is just the first. Then theres in betweens. And another batch of 5. And wouldnt surprise me if there are 2 more batches left at least. But I dont know. Suppose one will find out :)

Concerning the game itself, oddly enough (I complained on the graphics alot before I've played it), its nice... Not GOOD, but nice. The story is intriguing enough to play. Execution of it is a little poor though. Levels are bland, uninspiring. But still, its nice :)

The only thing I have found real bad is a VERY annoying bug with whiteouts, it has to do with glare from lights. I dont know what causes it (turned of glare, still does it). And performance is quite bad, it crawls on my 9700...
On the topside, the shadows are quite cool, they give a surrealistic feel on the enemy characters. Not very realistic, but cool nonetheless :)

Edit: Damn my smilie abuse :)

Edit2: Damn.

www.amazon.com

Accusing myself?

Hell I don't care, lots of people on this forum warez for the same reason I do, to check the game out and see if its worth buying, I have like 12 gb of hd space left anyway :(

www.amazon.com

Sure, what ever you say.

Got a question: How big is this demo? I’m downloading from GameSpot and cant see how big the file is because the URL says its unknown... :/

Originally posted by :>~
Was fun.. for an hour.
The game or the demo? :)
I'm still finding the game fun, after some 5 hours playing or so. The only problem is that its not... Jediesque. Or however one say it :)
You shouldnt be able to carry ANY weapons except the lightsaber. And it should be more problem solving. Its just to much killing... I would want more of a story. More Jedi tricks and less killing. More adventuring plain and simple, like the movies.

Is it fun? Hell yeah, its a LIGHTSABER!!! And its got IMPERIALS to kill!!!
Is it intriguing? Nope.
Is it pretty? Nope.
Is there a good feel? Nope.
Etc, etc, you get the idea...

It would be fun to see a *TRUE* Jedi mod for Source, where you actually act like a Jedi and not a hyped up mercenary on steroids.

I think generally jedi academy looks worse than outcast...

Animations are VERY jerky, and bland...tho i kinda like the special moves one can do.

Story---?? dunno have'nt played the game through...and never will.

Weapons, the usual shit just in Star wars mode...light saber pwns--dual saber pwns even MORE!!

characters, here's my beef, the game supposedly runs on the quake 3 engine, but how come characters and character animation is soooo much better even in Mohaa...don't even make me mention Call of duty!!

Graphics are bland, nothing special, indiana jones looked hella'of'a lot better. not to mention outcast.

Music---kick ass, i've always loved the soundtrack.

Voice work---crap, some mediocre actors hired to do voice work....i turned it off, just as i did in outcast.

In 2003 this game is nothing special, would've been kick ass as an add-on or value thing but they won't get my ****ing 50 bucks for this game...

Oh yeah multiplayer is cool but the same as outcast, only with the addition of more characters, levels and sabrers....hardly worth $50.

Originally posted by Loke
Got a question: How big is this demo? I’m downloading from GameSpot and cant see how big the file is because the URL says its unknown... :/

Appx. 178 MB

Back