judgment thread...you and Earth...for those who think they care

Let me ask you this. In the hypothetical scenario that our survival no longer depended on the well being of this planet and our civilisation had hundreds of colonies on other worlds, would you still care about "living in harmony with nature".

**** living in harmony with nature. We won evolution, the other species can all suck it.

Yes and then if we can just continue "winning", we'll lose too. Best of both! Over population will be our downfall.

Winning has nothing to do with our numbers, duh.

Nothing I'm doing is 'for the environment'. It's mainly for my money, health, interests and specific tastes.

I pick up the trash in my yard because it looks better. These things just have the bonus effect of being good for the environment. I like when I can accomplish more than one thing. Killing two birds with one stone is my forte.

I don't think meat tastes good, particularly all the little chunks of organs, tubes and veins, and find the taste and odor repulsive. The smell of cooked meat has been known to make me gag. Continuing to choke it down without vomiting is a lesson in futility.

Plus animals are cool, man. And they have brains and feel pain. Not eating meat.

You know what, I'm just to busy to break down the whole list. While I care about the environment, it doesn't ask any special task of me.
I just do my thing, you can do yours. Just try not to pour mercury into the water table, alright guys, thanks.

For every animal you don't eat I'll eat three.

^^ Damn it, I wanted to post that!

Disgusted by the smell of cooked meat? You be crazy...

I don't live on my own yet, but I still have a small influence..

Good things:
-I turn off all my electronics when I go to sleep
-I only shower each other day(and no, I don't smell)
-Whenever I upgrade a PC, I reuse the same case, power supply and any other usable stuff again.
-I buy 2nd hand stuff often, Also a good way to save money.
-I often reuse plastic bags, when I go to a shop I take one with me.

Bad things:
-I drink a lot of energy drinks, which makes a huge amount of empty cans. Wish they also sold it in bottles
-When it's too hot I turn on my fan instead of going out
-I often forget to turn off my monitor when leaving my room

**** the planet

If this bitch can't take a few extra plastic bottles laying around then BRING ON THE ****ING FLAMES

I openly don't give a ****. The earth ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and the environment is not going to degrade into a wastleland overnight.

find the taste and odor repulsive. The smell of cooked meat has been known to make me gag. Continuing to choke it down without vomiting is a lesson in futility.

I cant believe I'm saying this but I could sooner understand where a religious fanatic is coming from before I could relate to this opinion.

Its like reading some alien language where the aliens are herbivores and shit and they have no predators on their homeworld.

Weird.

And they have brains and feel pain.

So did Homo Habilis but that didn't stop big cats chewing on our ancestors.

In fact that doesn't stop modern humans getting mauled or eaten by sharks and lions and other things.

Seems a bit misguided to me TBH. You don't owe nature any fancy crippling favours. She has tried to kill you just like every other organism on Earth since they first evolved, I've never seen the big moral deal about eating meat, but then human morality, like our intelligence, has enabled us to do and think some funny things.

I cant believe I'm saying this but I could sooner understand where a religious fanatic is coming from before I could relate to this opinion.

Its like reading some alien language where the aliens are herbivores and shit and they have no predators on their homeworld.

Weird.

I just interpreted that as saying he doesn't like the taste of meat, which is completely understandable considering there are lots of people who hate the taste of things like onions or broccoli or vegetables in general. It's just a food preference. I personally hate the taste of pork chops and the smell of seafood at a fish market.

Holy **** someone doesn't have a girlfriend.

your mom didn't seem to mind last night

http://instantrimshot.com/ :|

I openly don't give a ****. The earth ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and the environment is not going to degrade into a wastleland overnight.

it doesn't need to be a wasteland to be shitty. just last time...i was walking near a stream when i saw a couple of televisions dumped in it...i don't understand...why the **** did they dump them in ankle deep water, where's the ****ing point?

trashing our land is both ugly and unhealthy...when's the last time you wanted to take a sip out of a near creek only to find it littered with pretty nasty stuff.

as for global warming...i hope all of you supporters and deniers get cancer. i couldn't care less about warming or cooling. i'm more concerned about the chemical pollution we inflict on our environment...yes...they are interconnected problems...now GTFO

alot of you guys are missing the point...

let me say it like this...if there were only those of you who didn't care, you'd probably be dead in a not too distant future or at least suffer from nasty illness. it's because of people who care that we have a petty acceptable environment.
picture it this way...having environmental standards from the year 1890 and a large industry of today. it would be a mess. thank god we have people who push to enact environmental standards and directives.
want proof? just take any heavily industrialized Chinese or Indian city. what's that term in Beijing...blue skies?...you know...when you can actually see the sky beyond the smog.
also be happy we moved most of our heavy industry over seas, you ungrateful ****s (referring to those who don't give a shit).

as for global warming...i hope all of you supporters and deniers get cancer. i couldn't care less about warming or cooling. i'm more concerned about the chemical pollution we inflict on our environment...yes...they are interconnected problems...now GTFO

I find it strange that you still find it unacceptable (or maybe just impossible?) to care about BOTH at the same time. I worked in a lab for a year trying to clean benzene, mercury, et al. out of lake sludge and another lab looking at air particulate matter, and yet I still manage to care about global warming. Oh yeah, and there's a chance I will get cancer from accidental exposure in the lab :|.

In short, the whole "Look at this horrible pollution! Isn't it bad? But hey you're not allowed to talk about global warming!" thing is getting kind of irritating.

I am an ungrateful ****, the fact is where I live (near the brilliant yorkshire countryside) most areas away from the cities are really nice, clean and natural. If anything happened to the envioronment of my fantastic county I would start giving a ****. Selfish? Yes. But do I give a ****?

C'mon, when you live near shit like this it's easy to take it for granted.
36680554.2004_1006_140109AAp.jpg

hb.jpg

These are from where I live.
wadworth.jpg

487806_b1b6db58.jpg

Back