Jump assist thing

groovy

Reaction score
I know Valve said that we wont be travelling anywhere, not even Zen and we'd be staying in city-17 only, but, i wonder if we'll still get the jump assis pack. i guess it's pretty redundant now, that we have buggies and hovercrafts and stuff. but that jump assist thing was my best friend in hldm and the times in zen :p

I would guess the ability to sprint will be the alternative to the power assist.

Well, the "Aux Power" HUD item seems to have more than just the one feature that we've seen (sprint) so maybe there are more powers and moves built in like jump assist.

I think it was on the Doug interview that he mentioned that u will visit places other than city 17, he gave an example of the buggy ride, which means it was outside city 17. so it wont be on city 17 only!

god, you know what i mean, i was saying you can't appear in russia all of a sudden, or go to zen.

they said that they will be bringing alot of xen to earth, so it wont have the low grav, as far as i know.

so there'll be places where it looks like zen, like it's been some hardcore infestation, like we had in half-life 1

I never quite got the hang of the power assisted jump. I don't mind if they add it in, but I hope it will not be required to complete the game.

xen was refreshingly mysterious.. I thought it was nice. will be great to see it coming through to places in hl2..

I hope they have the longjump module, would be fun for jumping across rooftops in city 17 :)

Would be fun but I don't think we will see it.. maybe for a small portion of the game.. who knows ;)

Doubt you would get the long jump thing since there is the Aux Power whatchama call it. The Aux Power may infact be it, none of the videos showed the person jumping while they had it running. Either they'll just get a small boost of jump from it or you'll get a huge leap.

Better be a long jump... you could do some crazy tricks with it and a guass gun.

Back