June news?

I'm looking at more of a mid August - late September. Somewhere around then. And i dont think Valve would come out and announce a "date" for when they think it will be out, but the next time they announce anything on the release date it will be the GOLD Announcement - probably.

If you really want to know you will start to see increased media activity 6-8 weeks before the ship date, ie big banner ads for hl2 on a wide and varied amount of sites. Speculate all you want, but ultimately the great media machine will carry this forward, and into your Floppy, CD-Rom, DVD drive.

VBN said:
If you really want to know you will start to see increased media activity 6-8 weeks before the ship date, ie big banner ads for hl2 on a wide and varied amount of sites. Speculate all you want, but ultimately the great media machine will carry this forward, and into your Floppy, CD-Rom, DVD drive.

incidentally, that's exactly what we saw prior to sept. 30th...so...well take that as you will.

It sounds better when it's mid summer, and when it doesn't come out in mid summer, we'll have something to complain about for a while.

Just don't expect it to be out anytime soon, sorry if you feel i'm being too pessimistic - but its just my take on things.

It's fine if that's how you feel, but maybe it would be better if it were kept to youself for the sake of other's hope.

[sl@yer] said:
Never heard that before but whatever (strange how it's not marked on calendars whereas spring is....but who cares). STILL.....Valve probably count September as summer even if I don't! I'm still being optimistic and saying July (which is summer as that's when school breaks up:))!!

these things are marked on calenders, at least the ones here in Canada...
anyway im not getting my hopes too high.. i'll just be happy when its released :frog:

btw Maskirovka haven't seen u around in a while, good to see ur back :cheers:

They said early to mid summer, so just trust Valve and know that it will come in June or July. August is not mid summer, so...

actualy I think it might be best if we dont know any more info on the game until the release, so that its suprising and more exiting (doesnt mean the game wont be exiting!!!!!!!)

they said mid summer , but they didnt say WHICH summer, for all we know it can be mid summer of 2009!

jk by the way

I guess valve is living up to its word..the game will come out Sept. 30th 2005!!!

Play4Fun said:
Quote from Rick Ellis :
*** We mark Summer's start and end somewhere between Jan 1st and Dec 31st...
source

so the game probably gonna ship at September :sleep:

Looking at that and what he says afterwards, I'm pretty darn sure he was being facetious...

Please be july, it would be the best birthday present ever.... well maybe not ever, but i can't talk about THAT one.

best birthday present would be the stripper-in-giant-cake-thingy....man when do i get a present like that?? :(

Mid-July : I'm back from France, the Dutch are European Champions and ready to game :afro:

FYI, summer starts on June 21st and lasts until September 21st.

well if there polishing the game now..... then im pretty sure it should be done by june and released like end of june begining of july

Back