Keep your socks on

IchI

Reaction score
CS: Source is still running on the beta engine. I thought people should know since they are always complaining about how crap it is.

What the hell are you talking about?

Ummm...the beta engine?

Do you mean Source?

Source is far from beta.

What you're trying to say, and what has already been said countless times, is that CS:S still has bugs in it. And yes, they will be worked out.

Or is he trying to say that we still have the beta version of cs:s. Cuz it's not a beta version of the source engine, its the full source engine. And yes, we still do not have the full cs:s, just a few more maps to play on.

cs:s is still running on the beta engine, need proof?

start up cs:s and open up the console now read the top line.

there's youre proof, it is still the beta engine. the full engine will be enabled by the release of half-life 2 itself on the 16th of november

open the console, it says source beta... why? o_O

Let me clarify, I'd like to know the source that said they'll move to the new engine on the 16th

I thought this was obvious....?

anyway, I dont mind... I just wasnt expecting Valve's "Full CS:S" to be in the state it was in.

lol ichi , nothing will change on the 16th. They might add a few maps & models but the engine will be exactly the same.

ukfluke said:
lol ichi , nothing will change on the 16th. They might add a few maps & models but the engine will be exactly the same.
that would be a good thing, but I doubt even that much.

thing is, what are you expecting to change once its not on the beta engine. Apart from the removal of beta there will probably not be any engine changes.

I think the only changes will be unrelated to the engine such as player models and bots ect.

IchI said:
CS: Source is still running on the beta engine. I thought people should know since they are always complaining about how crap it is.
Look up the word Beta before you make a retarded post like this

Oh come on people! Don't you trust VALVe to make the right decisions? Of course Counter-strike Source will be upgraded and upgraded, constantly being made better over time. It's silly to think that WON'T happen, to be honest.

i think that counter strike source runs on a part of the engine, i don't think it need everything it has to offer so tyey made a little source engine for css to run on untill half life 2 is released, then when it's released it can run oin the whole engine because it will be unlocked by then

Back