Killing In The Name of for UK xmas #1

I've been a massive RATM fan since I was a spotty communist sympathetic rebellious teenager. OK some of those things were never true, but I do and always have loved Rage.

And yeah I've bought Killing again in support. Lots of people around me watched X factor have bought Joe's single...my mission is to level out those sales. Joe is wet as hell.

If the mighty Rage fail to hit number 1, I will cry.

No signs of goons, /b/tards and the like getting in on it. Mixed feelings about that, the numbers would be nice, but it'd take some of the shine off the victory.

NOW TESTIFFYYYYY!

Love RATM

Would've, but can't since it apparently requires a UK creditcard.

There are apparently ways to help if you're overseas:

If you are in the UK or not in the UK you can still download Killing In The Name for FREE!!!

We need to "Take the power back" and we need your help to do it!!!
I tried this last night & it works...

If you are not in the UK make sure you put UK in the necessary place prompted...

Follow these steps...

To begin with, please don't make multiple accounts with this, there's no reason why all 850,000 can't create one account and the charts company cant hassle us about bulk buying!

If you don't have a Credit Card and want to support Rage for free, there's still a way and I have confirmed with the Charts Company that its eligible!*

1) Go to http://www.nokiamusic.co.uk/ Download and install the player on the main page insuring you select UK when it gives you the setup options!

2) Open the program and click "Join Now", Click "Join Nokia Music", fill out the details to create the account (No credit card details are needed)

4) Go to the main Store page and to the left you will see a box that says "Redeem Pin" Click on "Continue"

5) Enter ONE random of these codes, doesn't matter which one! Each one will give you £4 free credit and that's all you need to buy all 5 versions of the song, you can get up to £16 worth if you use all the codes, but please don't as Nokia may pull it if its abused!

WQLN-WDTM-V4J4-6GZZ
MJYM-JM2R-DWVQ-6PYG
GGP6-XC53-YYFL-PHM6
VLBV-MPBX-XDNQ-F79V

6) Search for: Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name of

7) Click the Orange down arrow next to each of the songs, then click the blue tick.

Congratulations you have just contributed [=

Thanks to the others who found this method! Now lets spread the word!

*I rang The Official UK Charts Company to see if tracks bought from Nokia Ovi Player are still eligible for the UK top 40 singles chart. They confirmed that they are as long as its bought with a UK account!

Hells yeah, more incentive:
Tom Morello announced via twitter:

RT @tmorello: RAGE ANNOUNCE THEY WILL PLAY MASSIVE FREE VICTORY GIG IN UK IF "KILLING IN THE NAME" IS NUMBER ONE XMAS SINGLE!!! Let's go!!!

Wow that's a lot of effort, I just paid 29p on Amazon, Spotify and itunes.

Buying the album and live versions both count.

FREE CONCERT?!?! I wouldn't be able to go, but I would still like for it to happen.

I bought it.

Why RATM though? Have they re-released it or is it just some dudes idea.

Either way, **** the x-factor.

Well... that would be okay, but being at concerts in person is way cooler.

I bought it.

Why RATM though? Have they re-released it or is it just some dudes idea.

Either way, **** the x-factor.

RATM are essentially the opposite of the X-Factor :p

isnt that cd of the crazy frog the number one selling in the uk?

I've purchased a few copies so far. It will all likely be in vain now high street stores are stocking the x-factor single, but it's still nice to stick it to the man!

£0.29 on Amazon btw.

Did my part. Think how awesome it would be to see out the decade with KITNO at number one. Bad. Ass.

theres a lot about this whole thing that both impress and annoy me. i get its all about saying **** you to manufactured pop and eradicating it for a years christmas number 1 but i also just think that a lot of people petitioning to get ratm to number 1 are people, i presume, over the age of 15 in which case, it baffles me because .....singles charts stopped being important to me when i was 15/16

its a BIG STUPID CONTRADICTION. nice effort though

Someone I know suggested that rather than choosing a huge, rich band like Rage Against the Machine, who are a part of a big label, they should have chosen some little known band to promote.

theres a lot about this whole thing that both impress and annoy me. i get its all about saying **** you to manufactured pop and eradicating it for a years christmas number 1 but i also just think that a lot of people petitioning to get ratm to number 1 are people, i presume, over the age of 15 in which case, it baffles me because .....singles charts stopped being important to me when i was 15/16

its a BIG STUPID CONTRADICTION. nice effort though

I don't think it's ever been important to me. But really, it would just to funny to have Rage Against The Machine be the actual Christmas Number one.

Imagine a future countdown show "Christmas Number One of the last 70 years" and in between Alexandra Burke in 2008 and the X-factor Winner in 2010, there's this song that swears a lot and compares the Police force to the Ku Klux Klan.

Someone I know suggested that rather than choosing a huge, rich band like Rage Against the Machine, who are a part of a big label, they should have chosen some little known band to promote.

Like Feath said, the juxtaposition of KITN and Christmas is amusing.

RATM fan here, I've got killing in the name of, Bulls On Parade and others.

i'd gladly help but it seems helping in this case requires me too fiddle with too many knobs.

Basically for some of the lyrics:-

"Now you do what they told you"

"**** you I won't do what you tell me!!"

It's a F-Bomb to Simon Cowell & the rest of the media puppets who come up with drivel live X Factor. They churn out this sugary MoTR metro sexual pop and then wait for the brainless zombie horde that constitutes the average moronic ITV viewer to go to the stores and buy it, just like they'll buy Richard Hammonds Biography, Jordans Memoirs or any other shit that gets pimped, because to use a term the Pixies would employ they are Tame.

Sure RATM are a signed band, but at least they have some genuine passion to their music, because they write it rather than parrot it.

Albeit I already have the album I bought the single again via Itunes after I noticed that hardly any shop retailers are selling it. Plus let's be honest it's a goddamn awesome banging tune :)

Fingers crossed this 'F you' works. Next year I recommend The Pixies Debaser

I understand, I just think it would be more poignant to choose a talented, but little known band.

RATM are ****ing amazing! My Spotify 'Favourites' playlist largely consists of their stuff.

Pixies I love too, Kadayi. They inspired bands like Nirvana, and you can't get much cooler than that.
If you listen to much of their stuff, such as 'Here Comes Your Man' you can here some Beatles in there too, as with most decent rock/pop music.

I hate it how much of today's pop seems to be similar - look at Leona Lewis, she has an amazing voice, but she gets given the most god awful songs to sing.

Im not a fan of RATM, but I kinda like this song.

But thats nowhere near my desire to see the X-fac-TA crapfest of a show have it's finalist for the first time fail to get a number one at xmas.

I. HATE. X. FAC. TA.

Hope Rage wins, but I doubt you'll see me pay for the same song twice. I can however tell friends about it on Facebook

According to BBC news RATM and the X-Factor git are on the same record label. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I think the most important development in the charts is that Don't Stop Believing by Journey was at Number 9.

MOTHERRRRRRRFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Greatest ending to a decade.

GET SOME!!!!

Knowing Simon Cowell has a sourpuss expression on his face right now makes it all worthwhile ;)

F U Simon F U in the ass!!!

Back