LA Noire coming to PC!

Reaction score
http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/23/la-noire-to-launch-on-pc-ths-fall/

The game will be available at retail as well as a download version, and will feature 3D support, keyboard mapping, gamepad functionality and “improved graphical enhancements.”

The Team Bondi investigator was released last month on PS3 and 360. Rockstar Leeds handled duties on the PC version.

“L.A. Noire is a new type of game that makes players see through a detective’s eyes in 1940s Los Angeles,” said Rockstar boss Sam Houser.

“Its unique blend of story, action and crime solving will be perfect to play on PC.”

very niiiice
too bad my fall is already fully booked :|

Hooray!
Definitely getting this when I upgrade.

I'd buy RDR again if it came out for PC. But while I liked LAN, I don't see any reason to get it again. I thought I'd never utter these words, but LA Noire is really a game for the couch, not the desk.

I'd much rather get RDR on PC. Absolutely no interest in LA Noire.

Second. But it's good to see them supporting the PC.

I'd rather have them release a PC version of Red Dead Redemption instead. I have no interest in interactive movies. That's all this game is.

Not much interest for this either, wanted RDR. But I keep hearing this is good, so I may reconsider it.

it sold bad on consoles, doesn't it? can't wait to see another shitty pc port from rockstar.

Meh, haven't heard great things about this, then again I'm easily pleased when it comes to games. Like others I would rather have Read Dead, just as long as they made an effort and ****ing optimised their piece of shit engine.

I'd rather have Red Redemption on PC, but this is great news anyways.

Didn't realize there were so many LA Noire haters here. This is awesome for me though. I still want the game, and was planning on getting the PS3 version whenever I had the money. I'll wait to see how good the port is though, since Rockstar games havent always been the best ports before, but with the control scheme of the game, it seems like they'd be forced to do a good job since they'll probably have to straight up re-write a bunch of it.

it sold bad on consoles, doesn't it? can't wait to see another shitty pc port from rockstar.

2.79 Million sold so far, still in the top ten weekly sellers, and the 360 version made it into the top 10 selling titles of 2011 so far.
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Y'all should give it a try. It's probably not what you're expecting. It's not Heavy Rain in the least, this is an actual video game.

BULLSHIT. You're lying, you better start telling the truth or it's going to get very hard for you in here!

My wife is DEAD okay you JERKASS, get the HELL outta here cause I ain't answerin' anymore questions!

Interested. I'm yet to see a comments thread that isn't half full of people saying 'Where's RDR then?' though.

Interested. I'm yet to see a comments thread that isn't half full of people saying 'Where's RDR then?' though.

That's because basically 'where the f**k is RDR?'

Given R* deigned to port both GTA IV porting issues aside it sold pretty solidly (to the extent that they ported ToLC later on as well), so it's a bit of a mystery as to why R* would basically pass up the the opportunity to make a couple more million unit sales on RDR given the fact there is clearly a want there. Sure porting it is probably a tremendous pain in the ass, but given all the assets are in place it's not going to be excessively expensive to do.

I'm pleased that they are bringing LA Noire to the PC though. Albeit it's been fairly well received critically the sales haven't been stellar (certainly not upto RDR/GTA IV standards) so I'd imagine there's a fair amount of motivation there.

Given R* deigned to port both GTA IV porting issues aside it sold pretty solidly (to the extent that they ported ToLC later on as well), so it's a bit of a mystery as to why R* would basically pass up the the opportunity to make a couple more million unit sales on RDR given the fact there is clearly a want there. Sure porting it is probably a tremendous pain in the ass, but given all the assets are in place it's not going to be excessively expensive to do.

Probably because it would only decrease their income from RDR, considering the high piracy on PC and how loyal console gamers generally are in buying DLC.
And people would've only complained about the naturally worse graphics and performance in an open-world game like happened with GTA4 anyway.

That said, give me RDR on PC already, I would totally buy it at full price!

I wonder if we'll be able to mod the game, so we can have high res textures on the characters, in addition to the amazing facial animation. The character textures are the biggest let down graphically that i've seen so far.

I wonder if we'll be able to mod the game, so we can have high res textures on the characters, in addition to the amazing facial animation. The character textures are the biggest let down graphically that i've seen so far.

Really? I thought they looked fine.

Really? I thought they looked fine.

Compared to what they could be, they're disappointing, and im my opinion let down the facial animation. Look at how shiny and plastic they look, and how its hard to see any detail in their face whatsoever. These are both due to the resolution being too low to achieve small details. The shininess would go away if the specularity map could achieve pore-level detail which games do these days. I mean, they're fine for most games, but I think the facial animation would really, really shine if they had better facial texture maps.

M85ie.jpg

NCIVI.jpg

Probably because it would only decrease their income from RDR, considering the high piracy on PC and how loyal console gamers generally are in buying DLC.
And people would've only complained about the naturally worse graphics and performance in an open-world game like happened with GTA4 anyway.

I guess you missed the part about GTA IV selling pretty well on the PC. Piracy is not the big boogieman people make out. The notion that Rockstar would somehow actually lose money by releasing RDR on PC is faintly amusing.

This is a good move by Rockstar. LA Noire is a good game, but they just HAVE to make Red Dead Redemption for PC. I'll buy it again and every single one of the DLC just to own that amazing game on PC...do it Rockstar!

I would also prefer RDR over LA Noire... playing competitive FPSes on the PC for so many years kind of made me a wee bit too impatient to sit through games like LA Noire.

Either way I hope they put more effort into the port than they did with GTAIV... what a god-awful port that was.

I'd much rather get RDR on PC. Absolutely no interest in LA Noire.

ditto. RDR + Mods mmmm

Never had much interest in L.A. - seems like a game I'd rather watch a friend play than play myself

Oh my god, it features keyboard mapping!? Revolutionary.

Whatever, just give us RDR.

Either way I hope they put more effort into the port than they did with GTAIV... what a god-awful port that was.

I wouldn't say it was so much an awful port as an awful game. Started off so well with Nicco as the likeable rogue, but as soon as the game required me to kidnap and beat up as woman I kind of lost my belief in the character. Sure I finished it, but my heart wasn't really in it.

I would also prefer to have Red Dead, but I'm certainly interested in getting this too, atleast when it's cheap.

I'd rather have them release a PC version of Red Dead Redemption instead. I have no interest in interactive movies. That's all this game is.

I've heard that from absolutely no one besides you.

I almost feel bad for buying LA Noire after hearing about how bullshit Bondi was during the development, but the workers who kept getting shit on need support too, so it's an interesting dilemma.

I am with everyone else though: gimme RDR on PC and I will give you another $50+.

First Red Dead Redemption and now LA Noire. This can't be a coincidence. What the ****'s going at Rockstar?

Game is old news at time of PC release

Everyone who wants one has one by now

Game is optimized for limited console inputs already and thats not gonna change much

Game does not sell well on PC

Everyone chimes in with "PC games dont sell as well as console games, muh muh muh"

cycle repeats

Game is old news at time of PC release

Everyone who wants one has one by now

Game is optimized for limited console inputs already and thats not gonna change much

Game does not sell well on PC

Everyone chimes in with "PC games dont sell as well as console games, muh muh muh"

cycle repeats

I'm not sure what your point is, but I am sure that you're full of shit.

Basically Brendan Mcnamara is a c**t and an unapologetic one at that: -

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1179020p2.html

Plain truth of the matter is if you read it, he just sounds like he's a truly terrible boss who really hasn't got a clue as to how to manage people effectively. He seems to think that being a c**t to everyone (like the Housers are) and driving people off is the only way to get results. I'd say being stuck in 7 years of development hell says otherwise.

Personally I'm still going to buy the game because I'm interested in it, but I have to say I don't envy anyone at Team Bondi still working for the lump of lard.

Back