Lambda Tattoo

JackKerouac

Reaction score
After almost 10 years of playing the Half-Life series and looks to be many years to come (rest of episodes plus half life 3) I've decided i would like to have the lambda core symbol tattooed on my left wrist the size of a quarter as a little tribute to my absolute love of this game, i normally do not do such crazy things but Half-Life has truly been an amazing experince to me and the symbol itself is kickass.. Thats where you guys come in, after googling i've been having a hard time finding a good Lambda core symbol and im asking you guys to post any cool ones you have or have found or could make :)

Heres a good one to give the.. tatoo-er.. guy..

halflife7td.jpg

Just be careful since Half-Life isn't the only one to use the Lambda symbol. :naughty:

Oh yeah, be careful with the Lambda symbol - if you'd tattoe it, you could find yourself being very attractive to men :D :D

Make sure it has some kind of statement that it's for the HL series :) lol...

:p

Oh? lol I was unaware of this, what does this symbol stand for in the gay community?

JackKerouac said:
Oh? lol I was unaware of this, what does this symbol stand for in the gay community?

THIS.

Yeah, you might want to hold off on that tattoo for now. Unless if you SPECIFICALLY relate it to HL2. Otherwise... misunderstandings may occur.

AH! no wonder the Lambda core scientists couldnt get the xen invansion undercontrol they were all flogging each other

A lot of people, yes. I'm an American though, that's just the funniest picture I could find with "flogging" on Google image search.

If you get the tattoo for real, take a picture, wanna see how it looks. :)

You could get the HL2 symbol with the circle around it and the 2 in the upper corner...

You could also get a tattoo of a symbol similar to the 'Good DOG' shirt. Or of a toilet hitting a stick man over the head.

Or the Black Mesa Research Facility logo :)

http://www.softclub***/includes/img/image.asp?id=828

My advice isn't against getting a tattoo or even what you are choosing to get, my advice regards placement. Keeping in mind that one day you may be required to wear a uniform (anything from a suit, to a french maids outfit depending on career) you might want to choose a location that is out of public sight. As much acceptance as tattoos have gotten in the last 10-20 years, there are still many HR cronies that would balk at hiring someone with a visible tattoo.

Wrist would (in my opinion) be one of those locations. I placed my tattoo high enough on my upper arm so business/business casual/t-shirt all cover the image.

If its small enough, a watch could hide it...

Also, I agree with you, Zunni, about employers.

i wouldn't go with hl2 since if hl3 comes out you'd look out of date

the crowbar is probably more a staple of the series than anything else

I was thinking of doing the same half a year ago, but when I found out that it is a gay unity symbol I changed my mind :p I did another tattoo instead
A better way to tribute this wonderful game serie is to simply tatto " HALf-LIFE" somewhere

Meh, the Lambda logo is not that unique. :p Now as for the symbol for the Combine, that's a different story..... :D

combine9nn.gif

Black Op said:
Meh, the Lambda logo is not that unique. :p Now as for the symbol for the Combine, that's a different story..... :D

combine9nn.gif

Just get the black part of that, now THAT would rock :D

Back