Last game you were this excited about...

I've never been this excited about a game before, either, but in the past, I'd say:

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun
I waited and waited for months and read previews and read more previews and then I waited some more months and then I rushed out and bought it on the day it came out. Why wouldn't I? It had dynamic lightning. Then I came home and realized it sucked. Bummer.

I was extremely excited about Burnout 2 (PS2), and I wasn't disappointed.

I was very excited about the original Aliens vs. Predator too and that one didn't disappoint me either.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (PS2), awesome game, I still play it.

They aren't necessary the best games I've ever played (well, except for maybe VF4E), but they were the ones I was looking the most forward to. Really great games have a tendency of just showing up where you buy your games and you've never heard of them, and then you read some reviews and buy the game and find out it rocks. :)

Operation Flashpoint !!!
Day of Defeat (the endless wait for beta1.0)
MGS1

personally i was exited for hl1 lastly

i had heard nothing or scene anything about it when i bought it.. i just had money walked into media play.. was looking around, and it stuck out so i got it.. But the excitement kicked in right after and i was exited about that game for a year after purchase

I was excited about planetside but my beta testing post put me off it. I might go back to it in 6 months when they have worked on it a fair bit.

Oh yeah and Pro evo soccer 1, 2 and 3 on ps2 :)

Most excited,let's see....

Ahh! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic! Damn,that RPG STILL owns! I stopped playing it for some wierd reason.

FF8 TIME!

probably command and conquer generals is my last big excitement game, followed by operation flashpoint, and GTA3 for the ps2.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Grand Theft Auto III (PS2) and SSX.

Every now and again I'm really looking forward to a game, but believe it or not, the last time I was truly excited about a game, going to a store the day it came out, was the old Lucasarts adventure "The Dig" in 1996.

I still love it. It's an underrated masterpiece. For some reason I just really identify with the whole atmosphere and feeling of the game, particularly musically.

I was only 11 back then, but I remember the day clearly, and I can't say many other games have been as worth the money as that one. In fact, I'd say it's my number 2 game, second only to HL.

the first game i was this excited about was Dark Forces. That was back before message boards and web pages, so i couldn't join a community, but boy was i excited.

After that, i've anticipated lots of games, but i'd say that the only game i was really dying to play was B-17 Flying Fortress II. I was a bigtime member of that community, but in the end the flight models were somewhat underwhelming. the game is still fun though.

Originally posted by Logic
Every now and again I'm really looking forward to a game, but believe it or not, the last time I was truly excited about a game, going to a store the day it came out, was the old Lucasarts adventure "The Dig" in 1996.

I still love it. It's an underrated masterpiece. For some reason I just really identify with the whole atmosphere and feeling of the game, particularly musically.

I was only 11 back then, but I remember the day clearly, and I can't say many other games have been as worth the money as that one. In fact, I'd say it's my number 2 game, second only to HL.

I just purchased the Dig on ebay last year. a fantastic game, and really the end of an era. production values WAY above almost anything we see today. I salute your choice.

Originally posted by Logic

Rock on...I love The Dig...exactly for the reasons you describe. I listen to the soundtrack quite often when I'm working. My favorite games are usually the ones with tremendous atmosphere that draw me into rich, detailed worlds...Thief, Thief II, Daggerfall, Ultima VII, Monkey Island 2, Curse of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Gothic, Myst, Riven, System Shock 1&2, Bioforge, Ultima Underworld, Max Payne, Half-Life, etc.

Combat Flight Simulator 3 (too bad most of the community instantly gave up on it)
GTA VC for PC (got boring after 100%completion thou)

right now I'm looking forward to OFP:2 and of course I'm almost dying of anticipation of HL2

I think I can probably safley say I havent been this exited since the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 2

for me that would have to be... hmm...
3D studio max 4.

I never really like games that much, except for metal gear solid, and half-life. i still think that programs such as 3dsm/flash/photoshop/visual basic are better than computer games. But you just cant ignore HL and HL2..

The last time I was this excited about a game was twenty odd years ago, waiting for the birthday when I got the orange Donky Kong handheld. It's crazy ...

My game was Perfect Dark I think, though that suck now.

Shakermaker, are your name from the Oasis song?=)

Back