Last level too easy?

OrphanBoy

Reaction score
Anyone else think the last level (from getting the grav gun onwards) was far too easy? That gun was overkill (tho huge fun) and having those flying balls everywhere made it even worse! The combine never stood a chance!

I think I died twice, and only cos I got nailed by that strider in the long room... I played on 'normal' btw.

Also was there any point in giving you 200 points of suit juice?

I didn't die at all.. and it was a lame ending indeed :p the battle outside was way cooler :p

I think the dificulty of the last level was good, if it was too hard and you died a lot it would decrease the effect of the climax and you'd start to get annoyed/bored.

Yeah, it's supposed to be kind of easy; it's your reward for completing the game.

It was kinda lame with the dull enviroment.

Instead of making it incredibly difficult, Valve made it incredibly fun. It's a great change from the dreary boss fights of normal games.

I was wondering if the inside of the Citidel was inspired by an old movie (or two,even). There's a famous old sci-fi film named Soilent Green...but I've never seen it...and I'm guessing that the 'coffins' were inspired by that, but I'm not sure.

To me, the inside of the Citiadel looked something like the inside of the mothership from a crappy 80's miniseries called "v". I'm guessin that "v" stole from Soilent Green, but I'm not sure....Anyone know what I'm talkin about?

i thought it was wonderful, really great fun...and the interior of the citadel looked great :D

Rhalle said:
I was wondering if the inside of the Citidel was inspired by an old movie (or two,even). There's a famous old sci-fi film named Soilent Green...but I've never seen it...and I'm guessing that the 'coffins' were inspired by that, but I'm not sure.

To me, the inside of the Citiadel looked something like the inside of the mothership from a crappy 80's miniseries called "v". I'm guessin that "v" stole from Soilent Green, but I'm not sure....Anyone know what I'm talkin about?

I can see some similarities with the environment of Soylent Green, but I really can't make the connection to "V".

Soylent Green was about an oppressive government and the fact that they encouraged the sick and aged to be euthanized...

...then they were "recycled" into the food product Soylent Green. "V" was about an alien species that supposedly comes to earth and asks for help because their planet is dying but actually is secretly "harvesting" the population.

The only similarity between the two is that people get used as food.

Easy? Perhaps. But it was soooo much fun. The environment was great. Being able to toss the baddies around was an amazing joy. It was cool to subject their bodies to low gravity and desintegration. The energy balls were absolute murder. And I felt like a complete badass during the whole time. Just you, the Combine, and the wonder of physics, leading up to the finale.

And it is absolute SEX, I tell you.

Just pure fun. The very thing I play games for.

I did like that thing when you put a bad guy into one of the energy beams and they got lifted up and disintegrated... :D

A little bit more challenge would have been nice - I've not talking *hard* here, just allow the Combine to have more than a 2% chance at killing you! Somewhere in between the corridor scenes and the strider encounter. Maybe if you try it on hard they don't die quiet so easily.

I now understand why they didn't allow you to pick up living things with the gravity gun in the main part of the game - it would have made it far too easy and you'd get bored of it quite quickly. I'm glad they made it the way they did... (tho I'd love to catch a headcrab in mid air!)

Back