Leaked HL2 plot, doubtful

the vortigons are gordon's allies. seems that in HL1 those green things they had were some kind of mind controlling thingies, wich were disabled the minute we killed ninilath.. i guess the vortigons are trying to take revenge on their former masters by helping gordon.

one thing is for sure (as long as i remember), that some alliens in xen, their homeplanet, did not attack us. so, once again, i guess that they just attacked us 'cause they were frigtened (sorry for my english), and after all those soldiers and barneys starting attack them, they were trying to protect themselfs.. OH MY GOD, TEH ALLIENS ARE THE ONLY VICTIMS IN TEH GAME!!!!:eek:

I am also pretty sure it is 15yrs also. What makes you thinkthat when he stepped through the teleporter at the end of HL1 that he wasnt transported forward 15 years?

Originally posted by Tyrion
I could've sworn it was 2 years after the incidents in Black Mesa..need to watch the videos again,I suppose.

I always thought it was 4-5 years after Black Mesa.

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
I always thought it was 4-5 years after Black Mesa.

*shrugs* Wont know till Half-life2 comes out, or Valve spills the beans.

Think I just heard it from a non-valve source, much like everyone in this thread.:D

hmm...

I'm pretty sure I read about Gabe stating it took place 15 years later. Infact I'm pretty confident I read it, although like all the others I'm afraid I can't find any proof. Maybe when the website content comes back online and the interviews posted we might be able to dig it up.

Then again 15 years does sound like a stupidly long time and Gordon wouldn't exactly be in his prime. Half-Life3 would have to take place straight after Half-Life2.

Personally I think the storyline posted is very interesting and stands a good chance of being true. I wouldn't trust the guy who originally posted it on the steam forums, probably doing it for self gloryfication.

Xtasy0 - Can you calm down please, you're starting to sound a bit silly.

So many n00bs...

While it may not be certain, I remember when all of this started the fact that it was 15 years later was commonly accepted and I remember a topic on a forum discussing what may have happened during that time and why he didn't appear to age. I know I've seen 15 years somewhere, but I think it might have been in one of the magazine scans.

ah here we go: http://www.euronet.nl/users/ivomaas/hl2/23.jpeg

This may not be true, but I don't see why a respected magazine would print lies.

finally, ok im done, actually im not, i still dont see why to other magazines and everyone else the time elapsed between the games was such a secret, but that one magazine found out easily (or so it seems).

ok now im done.

Staff are leaking this about the plot, but they managed to keep the whole game under wraps for five years?

The plot speculation sounds pretty likely though.

I agree with Xtasy0. I've read quite a number of previews that say "Valve didn't say how long it's been since the incident at Black Mesa". It seems strange they'd keep it close to their chest for everyone except one magazine.

But I'll accept that 15 years is the only one with any evidence.

Originally posted by Dagobert
Xtasy0 - how does it feel to be so wrong?

i'm only wrong until the game comes out and you all realize it wasnt 15 years :)

DELETE THIS POST FORUM MODERATOR, I did'nt read it because it might be the story, hell, it could be humor but all I saw was G-man and Combine, so get this trash off so no one's gaming experience is ruined please.

Originally posted by kdavey
DELETE THIS POST FORUM MODERATOR, I did'nt read it because it might be the story, hell, it could be humor but all I saw was G-man and Combine, so get this trash off so no one's gaming experience is ruined please.

Well I guess it could say (possible spoilers) in the thread heading, but your post begs the question:

If you don't want the PLOT reveiled, why read a PLOT related thread? If you don't want to participate in this discussion, then fine, but don't try to ruin it for anyone else who wants to participate.

BTW I'm not trying to flame you, but I actually find this thread interesting (better than the crap I've been reading for the past week or so on this forum.)

I agree with RhapSidious. If you don't want to know the plot then common sense would dictate that you don't click on a thread called "Leaked HL2 plot" :/

Back