Limiting/Disabling Weapon "X" HL2DM Server

Edge

Reaction score
Anyone running a server figure this out yet? I would love to remove some of the weapons from the server so people won't RPG whore and such.

play the game as its meant to be played. this isnt CS, "remove the auto snipers, theyre lame....remove the AWP, its lame etc"

if youre good enough, and use a varied arsenal youll always be able to take out a whore:

eg,
I like to use magnum, SMG with underslung grenades and crossbow. If someone is RPG whoring theyre usually quite static. I can attack them from long range with crossbow, dart in and out behind cover and hit them with SMG grenades, or just pwn them with the magnum. Simple.

Edge said:
Anyone running a server figure this out yet? I would love to remove some of the weapons from the server so people won't RPG whore and such.

yes, people have figure it out. but honestly, why? its so easy to take out an RPGer if u just use revolver/explosive barrels. it isnt that difficult

Edge said:

Nice signature ... NOT, FireFox sucks balls, and its one of the worst browsers out there.

^What was the point of that? This guy wants you to help him..and you complain about his signature..all I can say is....

^Asshat

Slip778 said:
^What was the point of that? This guy wants you to help him..and you complain about his signature..all I can say is....

^Asshat

No one asked you, so stfu.
And why disable weapons ?? gettin' owned too much ?

Whoa... never imagined asking that would yield this response. This place really has gone to shit. I personally would like to run a Grav Gun only server.

oh well if thats the case then im sorry....but unfortunately i dont know the answer to your question.

its just you alluded in your original post to wanting to stop rpg whores which is a bit cheap tbh as there are much easier ways - out-think them ;) its more rewarding trust me

if he's running a server its his own business as to what weapons he wants or does not want on his server.

Wow, asshats indeed.

Ever hear of PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Personally, I don't know how... Sorry I can't help, but atleast I tried.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
And why disable weapons ?? gettin' owned too much ?

And he didn't ask for his signature to be commented on.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Nice signature ... NOT, FireFox sucks balls, and its one of the worst browsers out there.

opinions are like assholes etc, but you forgot to wipe.

on topic, i've always felt that limiting weapon choice was a cheap gimmick. If the weapons are their, they're should be used how you see fit.

Edge said:
Whoa... never imagined asking that would yield this response. This place really has gone to shit. I personally would like to run a Grav Gun only server.

*joins the club* :)

I know it is possible I played on a server last night that removed the shotgun from overwatch. The ammo was still there but the shotgun never spawned.

Edge said:
I know it is possible I played on a server last night that removed the shotgun from overwatch. The ammo was still there but the shotgun never spawned.

You sure they didn't just hide the shotgun? I've seen that happen with the RPG. The server sets the gun-respawn-to-position time to infinite, and someone just launches the RPG into the skybox (or hides it), thus making it never coming back.

Hrm I suppose that is possible. Wasn't familiar with that technique.

some people have covered like the magnum spawn points with junk physics objects that cant be moved, thats another way of doing it i spose

No one will play in your server lol :/

Raziel-Jcd said:
No one will play in your server lol :/

Thanks for your input. It is not planned to be a public server anyway. Maybe you should spend less time trolling threads for drama and concentrate on your CS mod team recruitment. Noone wants to group with an ass.
:cheers:

I've actually played in a server with the gravity gun only. Got really old really fast, though.

Grav gun only is pretty much my iron man rule. Not 100% efficient but damn entertaining.

In one overwatch map someone had disabled the magnum I'm pretty sure. During the entire duration of the match, no one used it and I never picked it up in any location.

If there was an overwatchonly-noweaponsserver i'd play there 24/7. I mean, if you wanna play with guns go play CSS. And no, grav gun does not get old. NEVER <3

SkylineGT-R34 said:

Exactly..its karma..he didnt ask you for your unneccisary response about his signiture, you didnt ask me for my unneccisary respone about your smart ass comment. And once again...personal preference..if this guy wants no guns, its his server not yours.

This game isn't about yourself and only yourself, the game was made with the weapons, take advantage and reach the top, it is like war, you always want the best advantages...

This game isn't about yourself and only yourself, the game was made with the weapons, take advantage and reach the top, it is like war, you always want the best advantages...
To me that made no sense in relation to the total topic.
We know its made with weopons, the "isn't about yourself" part didn't make..to much sense... "take davntage and reach the top" obviously, and once again what does this really have to do with the topic? "you always want the best advnatages" what does that really have to do with the topic"

Topic: How do limit\disable a weopon on an HL2DM Server.

I personally don't know the answer but we should get back on track.

Just wanted a grav only server for a few nights for some good action with other newbie friends. Didn't mean to stir things up.

you cant till admin mod comes out ibelive , which is actually on its way

I would like to know too- not because of a "cheap gimmick" but because when i spawn antlions for fun and people use the pulse rifle secondary fire the server crashes... so its not a cheap gimmick.

Ok... I made some progress but I think it is not possible at this point. I checked every cvar listed and now I have a headache hehe. Here is what I came up with.

In the midst of looking at all those cvars I modified my :

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\cfg\settings.scr which allows you to modify the following options.

Hostname
Admin Email
Password
RCON Password
Max Players
FragLimit
TimeLimit
Player Timeout (Idle/Disconnected)
Gravity
Friction (How fast you move, Not Objects)
Bounce (How much you bounce, Not Objects)
Accelerate (How fast you accelerate, Not Objects)
MP Decal Limit
MP Item Respawn Time
MP Weapon Respawn Time
Deathmatch Gametype
COOP Gametype
Team Deathmatch Gametype
Allow Spectators
Force Respawn
Friendly Fire
Footsteps
Flashlight
Weapon Stay
Cheats
Unlag
Allow Upload
Allow Download
Force Spectator Camera
Disable Autosave

Also I came up with a hack that allows me to remove all weapons from the server both on the ground and in players inventory. The only downfall is when someone dies the command must be run again :(

I bound \ to run the script to remove the weapons.

Code:
bind "\" "sv_cheats 1;wait;exec rm_wpns.cfg;wait;sv_cheats 0"

The rm_wpns.cfg is as follows.

Code:
ent_remove_all weapon_pistol
ent_remove_all weapon_357
ent_remove_all weapon_shotgun
ent_remove_all weapon_smg1
ent_remove_all weapon_ar2
ent_remove_all weapon_rpg
ent_remove_all weapon_crossbow
ent_remove_all weapon_frag
ent_remove_all item_ammo_pistol
ent_remove_all item_ammo_357
ent_remove_all item_box_buckshot
ent_remove_all item_ammo_smg1
ent_remove_all item_ammo_smg1_grenade
ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2
ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2_large
ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2_altfire
ent_remove_all item_rpg_round
ent_remove_all item_ammo_crossbow
ent_remove_all item_battery

If someone wanted to say just remove the 357 and RPG they could add // in front of all the other weapons :)
Code:
//ent_remove_all weapon_pistol
ent_remove_all weapon_357
//ent_remove_all weapon_shotgun
//ent_remove_all weapon_smg1
//ent_remove_all weapon_ar2
ent_remove_all weapon_rpg
//ent_remove_all weapon_crossbow
//ent_remove_all weapon_frag
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_pistol
ent_remove_all item_ammo_357
//ent_remove_all item_box_buckshot
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_smg1
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_smg1_grenade
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2_large
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_ar2_altfire
ent_remove_all item_rpg_round
//ent_remove_all item_ammo_crossbow
//ent_remove_all item_battery

I will include the files in this post. I was really close but until Valve fixes something it doesn't look like we can disable all weapons and run Grav Only servers :(

Thanks to the 13 people that were in my server tonight helping me test all of this it was a blast getting hit by shit all night :)

To use these files place them in your C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\cfg\ folder. Backup your original settings.scr for safe keeping.

Ok uploaded files to this post had to edit the initial upload. Same instructions as above.

Files included settings.scr and rm_wpns.cfg.

I added falling damage, low ping server physics and autocrosshair to the settings.scr.

Enjoy!

Thanks! But for it to keep repeating over and over so when you die you still have no weapons, try this:

Code:
alias removeweapons "sv_cheats 1;wait;exec rm_wpns.cfg;wait;sv_cheats 0;alias removeweapons1"
alias removeweapons1 "sv_cheats1;wait;exec rm_wpns.cfg;wait;sv_cheats 0;alias removeweapons"
bind "x" "removeweapons"
This way it keeps repeating the process over and over, so you always have no weapons as long as its executing.

Slip778 said:
Thanks! But for it to keep repeating over and over so when you die you still have no weapons, try this:

Code:
alias removeweapons "sv_cheats 1;wait;exec rm_wpns.cfg;wait;sv_cheats 0;alias removeweapons1"
alias removeweapons1 "sv_cheats1;wait;exec rm_wpns.cfg;wait;sv_cheats 0;alias removeweapons"
bind "x" "removeweapons"
This way it keeps repeating the process over and over, so you always have no weapons as long as its executing.

Wow great idea. Do you by chance know how to suppress the server cvar changed messages? It notifies the server when cheats are enabled/disabled.

I think that might be hard-coded into hl2, but ill try to find a way later on.

Back