Liqiud cooling temps

Reaction score
So, right now my CPU is idleing at 27C and under load goes up to 35C... I'm using a liquid cooling unit with a Danger Den 754 block, and 50/50 car coolant with a special "liquid ice" additive... The radiator is on top (outside) of the PC with a 120mm fan blowing ON it.

How can I lower my temp? Special liquid? More thermal grease? Different setup? Or is 27/35 good?

Thanks.

That's a pretty respectable temperature. One thing though, it is best to have a fan sucking air through the radiator than blowing on it or through it, just a tip

:)

what is your cpu anyways? i have a 3200 oced to a 3400 and i get those temperatures on air

giant384 said:
what is your cpu anyways? i have a 3200 oced to a 3400 and i get those temperatures on air

It's now common for a decent quality HSF's to match water-cooling setups for temperature. Although water-cooling setups can be used to cool more than one component and are generally reduce noise.

3ssence said:
It's now common for a decent quality HSF's to match water-cooling setups for temperature. Although water-cooling setups can be used to cool more than one component and are generally reduce noise.

im using stock heat sink but its probably because i have 2x intake blowing straight on it and a 120mm blowing out the back plus one on top blowing out

Even though watercoolings temperaturs might be the same, a watercooling system has the potential to transfer more heate energy away from the CPU than a HSF.

Liquid cooling can transfer much much more heat away quicker, so while a air heatsink may be bringing a 3.0ghz cpu to 27C, liquid can bring a 3.0ghz cpu OCed to 3.5ghz to 27C.

Back