Lists Warez Users Here

f|uke said:
No it isnt. They are not stealing anything from you, and really are not really taking anything from anyone. They are not paying for services indirectly rendered.
I still think its funny when some claim that pirating a game is the same as stealing - Its copying, there is no material loss. Ya'know what the music industry is shouting out? "If you dont pay for it, its stealing". HAH... :p True capitalistic atmosphere there :p

Didnt the music industry go through a similar "crisis" as the gaming industry is now. Back then, when people first started to record the holy radio waves with casettes...

X|Rolando said:
I still think its funny when some claim that pirating a game is the same as stealing - Its copying, there is no material loss. Ya'know what the music industry is shouting out? "If you dont pay for it, its stealing". HAH... :p True capitalistic atmosphere there :p

And I can't believe that you think pirating is NOT stealing. If there was no money loss, no damage to the company, pirating (and music downloading) wouldn't be illegal.

"Material loss" is not the issue here. It costs, what, less than a couple bucks to print out a game box, manual, and CDs? The thing that kills software companies is that pirates are aquiring their hard work for free when the company deserves to make $50+ profit from the sale. Once these people pirate the game, they can play it and be done with it and the producer never sees a cent.

Exact same thing with music, for that matter. Artists are producing work, and if you download it for free on the internet, they're missing out on that $10-20 from the sale. I know it might come as a shock, but game companies and music artists aren't in the business for fun, they need to get a check and pay the bills just like everyone else.

-UnmarkedOne

X|Rolando said:
And what about casette recordings?

It depends entirely on whether what you're recording is intended to be sold. For example, if you record a popular song on a cassette, you can listen to it any time, just like if you bought that artist's CD/cassette. Problem being, you get the product for free(not physical necessarily, but they did produce that work), and obviously they don't get the money for their work.

-UnmarkedOne

if i download music or something im not ruining another persons music experience just cuz im listening to it, most of these warez users dont even care and just TK ranomly and do their best to ruin our game cuz its not costing them anything. I think someone who buys the game, on average, really plays it and doesnt spend 50+ bucks to be a asshole.

BrimStone04 said:
if i download music or something im not ruining another persons music experience just cuz im listening to it

Well, I honestly can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not. It doesn't appear that way, so let me explain. You are ruining another person's music experience when you pirate tracks from the internet. Whose? The artist's. They sell CDs for a living, people, that's how they make their dough. If you download and don't pay (incoming giganto surprise) they don't recieve the money for the product you receive. There's a reason it's illegal.

-UnmarkedOne

what i don't understand is why people continue to inform people that a patch may exist. i mean why don't you link to it so crackers get it easier...let them figure it out...most are lazy and once their cracks work they don't change them ... so stop talking bout it and just keep wearing %n. i put status in the consoke prior to doing the %n, when those that time out then get banned from my server.

if I was valve, In the vastness of things i dont think id care,, they are making plenty enough money from official sales anyway.. and if your gonna moan about.. say... 60 million net profit, or w/e, cause warez is taking 20 million from a predicted 80 million,, and your loosing 25%, i say, who cares... your making plenty enough anyway *shakes fist at greedy monkey's*.

sell your game, do your best, be happy

BigWalnutZ said:
what i don't understand is why people continue to inform people that a patch may exist. i mean why don't you link to it so crackers get it easier...let them figure it out...most are lazy and once their cracks work they don't change them ... so stop talking bout it and just keep wearing %n. i put status in the consoke prior to doing the %n, when those that time out then get banned from my server.

They'll all get banned for palying cracked version. Besides, no one on this site should be using a cracked CSS, so I think "we're safe".

I reported all the ID's to Munro, who will.... Be doing something I hope. But I'm pretty sure it can go as far as VALVe sueing.

Hopefully that's anough of a deterent.

azz0r to gaben, Jess

#93 "CzuPakaBra" STEAM_0:0:3584639 47:37 143 0 active
#114 "EMPORiO" STEAM_0:0:4788907 12:44 209 0 active

Both using the emperio shit, ban them!

haha VALVe could sue the pants off the server owners :p

clarky003 said:
if I was valve, In the vastness of things i dont think id care,, they are making plenty enough money from official sales anyway.. and if your gonna moan about.. say... 60 million net profit, or w/e, cause warez is taking 20 million from a predicted 80 million,, and your loosing 25%, i say, who cares... your making plenty enough anyway *shakes fist at greedy monkey's*.

r u listening to yourself....? 20 million dollars they may be losing as u made the example...thats 20 with 6 zeros, some games don't even make that an u see losing it as nothing...

dekstar said:
They'll all get banned for palying cracked version. Besides, no one on this site should be using a cracked CSS, so I think "we're safe".
Must be nice to live in your little world...I'd be willing to bet at least 20% here are using cracked versions. Most people here are not old enough to own a credit card to preorder, so they download. The keywords in your quote was no one on this site should be using, but that doesn't mean they aren't.

clarky003 said:

BigWalnutZ said:
r u listening to yourself....? 20 million dollars they may be losing as u made the example...thats 20 with 6 zeros, some games don't even make that an u see losing it as nothing...

You're absoultely right, nutZ. I know that was just an example, clarky, but losing 25% profit would be a killing blow to Valve. Keep in mind they used all the money they had to produce HL2, and they not only deserve to make a lot of money from it, the revenue is what's going to keep them in business until HL3.

They need to make enough money to justify paying the employees for the past five or six years (and the large number of people outside Valve such as voice talent), for any paid advertisements they had, and for future games and expansion packs. You're thinking about this as if you owned the company and you were the one employee. Keep in mind the sales of HL2 will affect a great number of people and you as a gamer.

-UnmarkedOne

Has anyone yet mentioned that all countries dont have the same laws?... Oops, I guess I just did.

UnmarkedOne said:
Well, I honestly can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not. It doesn't appear that way, so let me explain. You are ruining another person's music experience when you pirate tracks from the internet. Whose? The artist's. They sell CDs for a living, people, that's how they make their dough. If you download and don't pay (incoming giganto surprise) they don't recieve the money for the product you receive. There's a reason it's illegal.

-UnmarkedOne

No not really, artists make their main money from touring, they get very little in royalties compared to the songwriters and producers, not to mention who is funding their little art project; the record company.

Discounting bands that are local that sell their CD's and merchandise directly on the web/at live shows, you're mainly ripping off the songwriters, producers and record companies.

P.S I forgot to include yet another new model for music:some major record companies are trying out artists by starting websites to promote them and sell their CD's on the net only at first.

Also some signed bands have done a lot of direct CD sales and merchandise, to gain more "direct money" so that the band keeps the all the earnings from their website sales, therfore giving them more money to fund their next album or tour.

Back