littleBigPLANET!

IchI

Reaction score
Sorry, I can't see a thread about one of the most amazing games to hit the shelves since... forever! Not only that but it achieved the much renowned EDGE 10/10 review!

If no one knows what I'm talking about its LittleBigPlanet, I so far have had my PS3 collecting dust apart from DVD's and I'm sure most people here are feeling the same way about there black book holder. But seriously, if you have a PS3 and have not got this game already I seriously suggest you do.

LittleBigPlanet is not just a creation game or even just a fun platform game, most people would think that it could have easily have been done its just no one did it before. All they are doing is making something first, hense why its got such big reviews? Well, if you was thinking that I can tell you now, you wrong. Yes it is doing something new and yes it does get a lot of attention because of it. But not only is it new, but it has the polish and effort of some of the most leading games in the industry.

I am seriously truely amazed at this game as I have never before played a game for so long that I have been as satisfied and forfilled to play.

Okies, now probably expecting this to go downhill with the usual mumbo jumbo but oh well.

I LOVE YOU SACKBOY! AND I'M 22!

How about one of my biggest disappointments? Bought the PS3 today and it came with LittleBigPlanet as a bonus game. I thought it looked a bit childish but from reviews it sounds pretty awesome. Anyway played for about 20 mins and I can not express just how ehhhh I was about it. It's just so sickeningly cute. But maybe I went into this game with the wrong frame of mind. I was expecting some running around but really I don't care about how well I can decorate or any of that. I'll give the game more of a go later to give it a fair go but for for now I'm just really disappointed. Seriously thinking of trading this game in.

Finished the original levels made by Media Molecule in co-op yesterday, a amazing experience. It's hard to come up with your own ideas for a level though. :(

This one was funny though. Some guy remaked the 2fort map from TF2 in LBP. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYf8EJ6KF0

That has got to be the slowest load of a youtube I have ever experienced. Holy ****.

Yes, this is the best game for the PS3 right now. My only dilemma is whether to play or to create. Both are so much fun!!

Loke: I saw you completing some of the levels this weekend as you went. Nice scores! :D

I was playing for a bit but then went back to creating vehicles and gadgets that I will use in my levels, but I have to
A. work out the kinks in them
B. actually design and build the levels. :E

I wish you didn't have to own a stupid PS3 to play it.

If I could illegally download a Playstation 3 console, I would in this case.

Loke: I saw you completing some of the levels this weekend as you went. Nice scores! :D

Haha, thanks! Most levels, from MM, are quite easy but there's those that'll definitely force you to ultimately restart from the beginning to try again after running out of lives. It's not frustrating since it's so much fun to play anyway. :p

I got this yesterday. It's really fun, specially doing the 'stayin alive' dance. The gameplay does get a little bit frustrating though due to the poor '3 layers' and the fact you dont really know which layer you're on relative to what everything else is on. That's just my opinion.

BAAAAAW, that TF2 level is awesome. If I had a PS3...

there's those that'll definitely force you to ultimately restart from the beginning to try again after running out of lives.
No kidding. That one in the:

Japanese-type palace that you are supposed to infiltrate with your ninja skills got me a little worked-up. All those spinning wheels above fire and such! I guess my platforming skills just need a little work. :)

I'm stuck on one of the ice levels. Stupid electricity... =|

Oh yes, that one made me a bit sore. Also...

the two last levels before the final one was a bit crazy with all the electricity parts which kill you instantly.

By the way, I remember earlier in development they showed off three types of hazardous elements that were fire, electricity and ice. Both the former are in the game but not ice?

I remember seeing some people creating levels in the beta using ice, but I can't recall ever coming across any.

I meant ice as a hazardous element such as fire and electricity. I remember in a early video from the game, not so long after it was announced, in which the player came across a piece of ice, touched it and froze into a block of ice.

EDIT: Here's a video, although not sure if that's the one I saw, showing the ice thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlK_7SDmtnI

Back