Local Babbages/Gamestop: February 3rd

Spiffae

Reaction score
I know we don't trust retailers, but that's the latest around these parts.

I will shave every single hair on my body if it comes out on February 3rd and sit in a bath of aftershave.

Sounds like a vegetable. I wouldnt trust a vegetable to give an accurate release date on a game. Would you?

It's the same as Gamestop or Software Etc.

Also, local EB says Nov 10th.

My guess is they don't know, and are trying to cover their asses.

I'm holding on to the fact that there has not been a single official confirmation of the delay rumor.

Yeah but Valve says 30th September. Case closed.

please stop making YAST (yet another stupid thread) for the same topic over and over and over.

Retailers are all guessing. They have the same info you do.

For example, I once ran one of the largest Dungeon Siege websites prior to the game's release. I mentioned in my forums that the game would have to be released on a certain date (near the expected release) because that day was my birthday. That exact date later appeared on several retail sites without any other information supporting that "theory". Why? It sounded like a plausible date and there was no better info.

Summary:
1) Retailers don't know anything
2) We already have too many threads about delay theories. Post in one of them.

I find these delay threads interesting, as the whole thing hasn't really been cleared up yet.

Funny... when I reserved my copy of HL2 at EB they said it would be in their stores Oct 1st

The UK equivalent of EB - "GAME" (EB sold to them about 18 months ago - were announcing the release date as November 10th on their website until I e-mailed them about it and asked why they'd changed it and whether they were sure they'd got the right date. They put it straight back to 30th/1st (of Sept/Oct)

Well, I don't know about your Gamestop, but the one I reserved my copy of Half-Life 2 is still saying the original release date Sept. 30.

They said it ships the 30th and gets there the 1st :-\
Good enough. Who knows, it might come out early. Games usually do when they have a Release date nailed.

Originally posted by dawdler
Sounds like a vegetable. I wouldnt trust a vegetable to give an accurate release date on a game. Would you?

Excellent reply, case closed methinks.

by posting that on their site, gamespot sure did get allot of hits.....

Retailers don't know anything. Stop making threads.

Damn Retailers, stop scaring us, bunch of wankers.

Some kid that was wearing a green shirt, told me its coming out in 2 days. Im going to go post this on the hl2.net forums.

That's pretty much gamestop is, they dont know anythning we dont.

Local retailers know jack. The official Gamestop website still says september 30th.

unless gabe newells son is working at that gamespot, they dont know shit.

Originally posted by dawdler

Don't you know who Charles Babbage is? If you don't, turn off your computer - for you are not worthy to use it.

My god, it's a Gorgon that can speak english and use punctuation!! :O

And yes of course everyone knows who Charles Babbage is. He was a British mathematician and inventor, who designed and built mechanical computing machines on principles that anticipated the modern electronic computer.

Why does it seem like some people want Half-Life 2 to be delayed? Like at Planet Half-Life, one word of a delay and that Fragmaster was all over it. I'm not counting on the game being delayed, but if it is, I'll be disappointed with Valve for being so persistent with their original date.

Yeah I don't particularly like the way that Fragmaster dealt with all that at PHL. He's 100% convinced that it's delayed and spreading his own fear into others.

Fragmaster's a bit pathetic in that he's now sticking steadfastly to his guns that it's still delayed despite the apparent clear-up and ALL gaming news sites saying: "Panic over". It's like he's got his fingers in his ears, the silly stubborn person.

Retailers know the least about release dates (Amazon is saying Doom 3 has been discontinued, LOL). Right now the most accurate source for release date information is (surprisingly) this forum. We knew that the delay was a hoax within 20 minutes after it was posted on the first news site. :thumbs:

Back