Looks Scary!!!

D

Double*Edge

Everyone's been hearing about Hurricane Isabel. Well, I got this in an e-mail so I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Hurricane Isabel

very....
I was really suprised at how well formed the outside wall is on the storm.
I would have peed my pants if I had been on that boat.

lol yea...im glad i live in cali- where the earthquakes dont scare u before they happen :dozey:

looking at that is like waiting for the impending doom...god its beautiful though.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where absolutally no extreme weather happens, except for black friday, that shit sucked.

i think hes refering to the recent black out.

that picture is amazing.

Har, no...

Its a long while back when we had a massive tornado here, I was living outside of the city then, man it looked freaky.

Woot, found it.

The public has not forgotten the devastating tornado of Friday, July 31, 1987 which struck Edmonton, Alberta (1987 population 584000, 53o 34'N, 113o 31'W, elevation 680 m). The tornado killed 27 people, hospitalized 53 more, and caused injuries requiring treatment at 6 hospitals to approximately 250 others. Fatalities were confined to the industrial area (12) of east Edmonton and Strathcona County and to the Evergreen Mobile Home Park (15), where 133 homes were destroyed, in rural northeast Edmonton.

At 1455 Mountain Daylight Time (MDT), the Alberta Weather Centre (ALWC) received its first report about the tornado from a viewer 10 km south of the city. The ALWC transmitted a Tornado Warning at 1504 MDT, approximately 25 minutes before the first fatality occurred. Because of communication problems, many radio stations received their first reports about the tornado from their listeners (Hage, 1987a).

Damn
"Black Friday" would def. be an appropriate name for that.

thats amazing..

and who says you don't see tornados? I certainly have...

[bad joke]

Wow, look at all the Steam rolling in.

[/end bad joke]

Reminds me of "The Perfect Storm".

yea, because there are so many boiling hot hurricanes...

j/k, we all have our moments.

:thumbs:

If it would have been a short movie I would have expected an kilometer size saucer to slowly appear from the clouds :)

Woah, that's one big hurricane.
I'm glad those doesn't come here in sweden.

uuuum.... why is that tanker going TOWARDS the storm?

With a storm looking that bad, I would stay as far away from it as possible. This picture was prolly taken when the hurricane was still a category 5.

Who knows, maybe they could have a sequel to "The Perfect Storm".

I don't know why but that pic strikes me as fake for some reason.

no one else think it looks fake. The water is very, very placid. It would have some visible waves anyway.

Yeah looks kind of fake to me. But the storm was only moving about 8mph when it was out in the atlantic, the tanker could stay ahead of it easily.

When I see thaat picture with the tanker I always seem to imagine someone standing on the edge of the tanker, with his arms up in a crucifix position... looks really cool

Back