"Lost Coast" appears to be a dirty marketing scheme orchestrated b/w ATI and Valve

Yes, it was kind of 'codename' for their planned 'high detailed' level

It will work on ATi cards has everybody forgotten this?! And when the next set of ATi cards are released it will work even better. Just cause Valve initially nicknamed em 'The ATi Levels' doesn't mean they were secretly saying 'These will work much better, and only on ATi cards'.

and Takashi I think you need to cut down on the Michael Moore books, you're head's getting filled with shit about people conforming and marketing schemes. It's still just propaganda. You can cut out the crap like this on a forum for a computer game.

gaah

BTW, according to this logic Halo2 is a dirty marketing scheme orchestrated between Microsoft and Bungie.

Just thought i'd let you know.

The Lost coast is certainly causing lots of controversy & confusion. I hope when it's released it works like this - An option to turn of the HDR setting. That way if your system doesn't cut the mustard with the new lighting then you can simply switch it off.

Now Valve have already said that the Lost Coast is going to be a HDR only level so best guess is that you won't get an option to disable this. Fair enough given what they said initially but can you imagine the uproar & disappointment there will be from the majority of HL2 owners if they can't play this eagerly awaited new addition?

This guy seems to be a general troll, or merely a very clueless person. Look at his "sexual innuendo" thread..

Back