Lost

chrisuk27

Reaction score
Hey guys, LOST is about to start on Channel 4 next week over here in the UK. Is it any good? certainly looks good from the trailers and bits of info ive seen so far.

Oh and no spoilers please! ;)

It's fantastic.

Especially the bits where.....

and when....

and then....

You'll love it :)

ha, New Zealand got it before the UK did lol. Its great though especially the part when they look for the dynamite...

It starts next Wednesday, and I can't wait. :D

Ooh, interesting. Am I right in thinking everyone's paranoid about there being dinosaurs/strange beasts on that thar island?

Am I the only one who thought Lost sucked big floppy donkey d*ck?
No really, I had to watch as much as the first episode to make that assumption.

I liked it plenty- its more a show people would be likely to like at the start, then get pissed off at it as it progresses- due to it raising hundreds of mind boggling questions and never answering them.

its been here for about 6 weeks, its great although i havent kept up with it totally?

btw
what happened to the pregnant girl? she just vanished
:hmph:

It's superb. I downloaded the whole show. Season 2 starts the 21st of September in the states.
jimbo118 said:
its been here for about 6 weeks, its great although i havent kept up with it totally?

btw
what happened to the pregnant girl? she just vanished
:hmph:
Do you really wanna know? Fine.
Locke and Boone finds Claire in the jungle at the very end of "Special" (three episodes after the one where she disappeared). It's revealed in the next episode that she has forgotten everything that has happened since the crash, and don't remeber any of the lostaways, not even Charlie. It's unknown how she manage to escape from Ethan and the Others.

The_Monkey said:
Do you really wanna know? Fine.
Locke and Boone finds Claire in the jungle at the very end of "Special" (three episodes after the one where she disappeared). It's revealed in the next episode that she has forgotten everything that has happened since the crash, and don't remeber any of the lostaways, not even Charlie. It's unknown how she manage to escape from Ethan and the Others.
ok???i need to watch the show a bit more as i didnt really get that, what about her child? cunfozorz:rolling:

What is it about, some kinda plane crash and they're stranded on some weird island?

StardogChampion said:
What is it about, some kinda plane crash and they're stranded on some weird island?
Yeah, a plane from Sydney to LA crashed 5 hours in. They started with 48 survivers, but at the end of the season they were 43. The island itself is very wierd. You should start watching it.

When does the new season start on ABC?

From what I've heard, it sounds like Lord of the Flies (kind of). Everybody's scared of some sort of strange beast that may or may not exist...

nofx said:
When does the new season start on ABC?
hmm and theres me thinking it was a one off series! sounds great from the positive feedback cheers guys :)

Lost is by far the best series on network (ie, non-cable) television here in the US. I used to think that 24 held that title but I then realized that 24 outlived its purpose about 2 seasons ago and has gotten really repetitive. With that said, Lost has to be careful not to fall into that trap too.

i dont think lost will, its based off of a book if im not mistaken so if they were to veer off course.. it will begin to stink like old meat.

SFLUFAN said:
Lost is by far the best series on network (ie, non-cable) television here in the US. I used to think that 24 held that title but I then realized that 24 outlived its purpose about 2 seasons ago and has gotten really repetitive. With that said, Lost has to be careful not to fall into that trap too.
season 4 from 24 was great again. For me 24 is still the best serie but i also really like Lost :)

Just watched the first episode of this, couldn't wait till next week...its really good, looks like its going to be a great series :)

MrMan said:
Just watched the first episode of this, couldn't wait till next week...its really good, looks like its going to be a great series :)

And believe it or not, the series keeps getting better as it goes along. The amount of foreshadowing and continuity in this series is insane! :D

My favorite episodes are 4, 11, 16, and the 3-part finale.

Mine are Pilot*2, Walkabout, Confidence Man, All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues, Numbers, The Greater Good, Exodus*3.

I've starting watching where they go for the dynamyte , could some one feel me up on what extly is on the island ?

Adrien C said:
I've starting watching where they go for the dynamyte , could some one feel me up on what extly is on the island ?

A lot about the island is still surrounded in mystery, including the you-know-what that's walking around. The first season hasn't really focused on the island, but the survivors that are stranded there.

Oh and Adrian C:

You're actually watching the first episode of the 3-part finale. You're not likely going to understand much of anything until you see the earlier episodes. And by just telling you what has happened thus far will only dampen your enjoyment of the series, so I refuse to spoil it for you. :D

I managed to see the first episode and it's pretty good. Are all the episodes 45 mins long?

I might order the season 1 DVD from Amazon.com. Will they send items to the UK?

StardogChampion said:
I managed to see the first episode and it's pretty good. Are all the episodes 45 mins long?

I might order the season 1 DVD from Amazon.com. Will they send items to the UK?

All the episodes are the same length. The pilot was originally a two-hour special that the networks cut-up into two seperate episodes. The same can be said about the finale.

As for the DVD, it's risky. Yes they will be able to send items to you, but you must make sure that you are at the UK version of Amazon and not the US or Canadian. DVD's for some copy-right reason contain region codings that make them useless on foreign DVD players. For example, a DVD with Region 1 coding will not work in Europe.

A True Canadian said:
All the episodes are the same length. The pilot was originally a two-hour special that the networks cut-up into two seperate episodes. The same can be said about the finale.

As for the DVD, it's risky. Yes they will be able to send items to you, but you must make sure that you are at the UK version of Amazon and not the US or Canadian. DVD's for some copy-right reason contain region codings that make them useless on foreign DVD players. For example, a DVD with Region 1 coding will not work in Europe.
I don't think the UK site has the DVD, since the series hasn't aired yet, and I can't find it on the .co.uk site. I'll probably watch it on my PC monitor anyhow, so the US Region 1 should be OK.

A True Canadian said:

Most of today's DVD-players are region-free.

Its 32 quid on PlayUSA.com but it states that its not out until the 6th of September...i'd recommend play over amazon as the last time i ordered anything from amazon.com it took 3 weeks to arrive, compared to playusa.com's 3 days. I'm on episode 6 of this now and its really good

Omg just saw the first episode premiere on british tv, even tho ive already seen it, they cut all the blood out!

Minor spoilers:

The bit where the pilot is dragged out of the plane and his blood sprays on the windscreen, gone

And the bit at the end where the pilots gory body is shown in the tree, also gone..

How crap! Plus 20 mins of adverts per episode to boot, gotta say im glad i didnt wait to watch this on TV

I saw it, too, it was pretty good, although I missed a lot of the beginning. I was surprised at this weird format they're taking - one episode at prime time and one in the evening after the watershed (continuing on, not repeating). It doesn't surprise me that they cut out gore, cos they showed it so early in comparison to the airing time of most other decent shows. Old repeats of 24 are airing at something like midnight on BBC1!

Anyway the next episode is airing in about 10 minutes, we'll see how that goes. I was impressed by what I saw earlier.

*goes to fetch video I set up to record this earlier*

Heard some great stuff about it.

Laivasse said:
I saw it, too, it was pretty good, although I missed a lot of the beginning. I was surprised at this weird format they're taking - one episode at prime time and one in the evening after the watershed (continuing on, not repeating). It doesn't surprise me that they cut out gore, cos they showed it so early in comparison to the airing time of most other decent shows. Old repeats of 24 are airing at something like midnight on BBC1!

Anyway the next episode is airing in about 10 minutes, we'll see how that goes. I was impressed by what I saw earlier.

I would say big brother is the reason why it was on at weird times.

Yeah, next week theres just one episode at 10, so should be uncut...

Back