Lost

Wow, that was pretty damned good. Reminded me really badly of Jurassic Park with the trees and the cockpit part.

TheBleeding said:
Wow, that was pretty damned good. Reminded me really badly of Jurassic Park with the trees and the cockpit part.

You'd also be surprised how much the series borrows from video games as well. Episodes 4 and 5 will make you think of Half-Life (I guarentee it). :)

Well I watched it last night along with a crew room packed with about 25 Engineers and we loved it! Most watched the second episode and some even the next one on E4...although I had work to get back to by then. Looks to be one of the greats along with the likes of Twin Peaks, the new battlestar galactica etc :) :) :)

The monster will not play a big part in the rest of the show. They just put it there to wake people interest. It's just one of the island's many mysteries....

The next one episode is on next wednesday at 10, and theres another on E4 afterwards as always

I just saw the end of one of the episodes, to hell with big brother, its shit, we need more Lost.

It was the part with the radio loop...

...that had been playing for 16 years, for some reason the counter voice really shit me up, I hate default voices *shudder

What I saw was amazing, I'm loving it, I hope the series aren't too far apart.

The repeat that was on this evening also had the gorier parts which were cut in the original prime time showing. Most people wont be watching the repeat so this is a waste, I feel. Just show the whole thing first time round!

But again, good series so far (2 eps in...).

It seems good....anybody know how many episodes there are?

All good stuff Im trying very hard not to watch the following episode in E4 each night so I can look forward to the next one!

anyone notice the comic the boy was reading had a big polarbear!??

chrisuk27 said:
All good stuff Im trying very hard not to watch the following episode in E4 each night so I can look forward to the next one!

anyone notice the comic the boy was reading had a big polarbear!??

Big Spoiler!!
That boy got powers. He spawns the polar bear. At least we think he does.

I wish i hadn't read that, i thought it'd a spoiler relating to that early episode :\ I'm only on episode 10...

I supected something oddly paranormal was going on when you find out that guy got the use of his legs back after the crash... great series so far,! I wanna know what that invisible dinosaur thing is ooooo.

Episode 3 here. *waves flag* Yeah, I was on Holiday so unfortunatly I didn't get to watch ep 4 on E4 as the house didn't have Sky or whatever E4 is aired on. However, it was pretty good. At the end of ep 2, when the guy was going to look for the dog, I knew something like what happened was going to happen. Except the end of that scene.. yeah.

I realised that today after watching episode 10, i was thinkin the exact same thing lol. Even fitter when shes shown in flashbacks before she was pregnant (obv)...also that spoilt rich girl whos always lying around in a bikini is fit...even if i was her brother i'd still consider it

The episode I watched involved the Crazy guy (the Colonel) going into the woods to hunt for a bore then coming into contact with that invisible creature. I'm not a 100% which episode it is, I think it's 4.

Sorry for spoiling it MrMan.

I really envy you guys. The show's best when you watch it the first time.

Ah its ok, its not spoilt, you didn't go into too much detail which means i'm still not certain of anything...still gonna love the rest of the series i know it :)

Probably the first series I've actually sat down and watched since Due South. A lot of similarities to Lord of the Flies.

Anyone see the episode where Sayid is playing Half-Life?

Haha, I was shouting out "Half-Life rules."

I'm a freak of nature

Harryz said:
Probably the first series I've actually sat down and watched since Due South. A lot of similarities to Lord of the Flies.

Anyone see the episode where Sayid is playing Half-Life?

Haha, I was shouting out "Half-Life rules."

I'm a freak of nature
Sayid isn't playing, just his terrorist buddies.

- I'm out of ammo!
- Use the crowbar.
- That only works on zombies.

:LOL:

Harryz said:
Probably the first series I've actually sat down and watched since Due South.

I used to watch Due South when I was a kid. Other than Sliders, that was the only adult show I followed when I was young.

mortiz said:
The episode I watched involved the Crazy guy (the Colonel) going into the woods to hunt for a bore then coming into contact with that invisible creature. I'm not a 100% which episode it is, I think it's 4.

It is four; one of my favorites. I really like how the ending of that episode really alters your perspective of Locke. That episode cemented my interest in the series. :)

Locke is the guy that looks like a Bond villian, right?

Anyway, huzzah! Episode 4 and 5 tonight.

the guy who appears in the distance was a very subtle and creepy touch

resembled g-man a bit with his dark suit

Doppelgofer said:
the guy who appears in the distance was a very subtle and creepy touch

resembled g-man a bit with his dark suit

LOL I thought exactly the same thing! :E

Is it me, or did the guy in the distance look like he had glasses and blonde hair (and also white trainers) but when Jack actually got close he was totally different?

Still, great episode. As was the 5th. Locke has obviously seen something pretty good then, what with the 'monster' seeming to appear right before him.

Goddamnit, I wanted an explanation on what he saw. It sounds slightly... mechanical. By the noises, anyway.

Whats annoyed me so far, is that NONE of the main characters (all 12-14 of them, whatever) don't seem to take ANY notice of the other characters. 47 people in the crash (well, 46 now..) and no one has spoke to them yet. Okay, so they can't do an in-depth-flashback-of-before-flight to EVERYONE, but at least have other people outside the main characters go into the jungle with them, talk to them, argue, fight, discuss WHATEVER.

As Jack said in episode 5 when he failed to rescue the girl; ''Six days, and I hadn't even spoke a word to her''

Nnngh.

You're right, they kind of ignore the other survivors.

It was funny when the girl was drowning and all the other random non-main-characters were just standing pointing instead of helping Jack save her. I was actually laughing.

Although in episode 9 I think you see Jack helping a guy with a rash and the guy ends up getting about 5 lines to say throughout the episode.

I think the best episodes are Pilot*2, Walkabout, Confidence Man, All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues, Numbers, Deus Ex Machina, The Greater Good, Exodus*3.

Ah i remember that trailer now...after watching it again it gives you a better idea as to 'who's - who'

Back