Lots of new info coming tonight at 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I have to agree though, HLRadio is a bit shite.

What could possibly be wrong with a HL2 bashing thread, tbh there should be an official forum for it. It's not like people are bashing something that, say, 25% of people think is a decent effort at a Half-Life radio show, it's bashing something that nigh on everyone agrees deserves to be bashed.

It's like a terrible show coming on tv, and a critic gives it good reviews because he feels sorry for the talentless people that made the show (not that I am calling the radio guys talentless, I think they just need a little more experience, maybe plan out what they're going to talk about before the show).

I mean, as long as the criticism is constructive, they should take heed. Personally I would like to see them: not overly hype things that do not deserve to be hyped, by all means hype things that deserve it, thats how you get ratings, but I have tuned into HL Radio 4 times, each time because they promised great new info: never have I heard any great new info.

Secondly they should make sure that when they say they have an interview, they actually HAVE an interview. Thirdly, less talking about esoteric crap. They need to learn that when they talk about how great "that thing was, in the, you know, at the party" and nobody but them has been to this party, they can't then continue having a conversation about this for 10 minutes while everybody listening is like, "double UTF, mate?"

That is what private conversations are for :)

Also they should learn to deal with criticism if they're going to be in the public ear, especially if they give people reasons to criticise them.

Lastly, they should try and get paid a lot so that they are remunerated in accordance with the amount of bashing they receive. :D

Bashing people who get paid a lot for being crap makes a lot more sense than bashing some poor guy who is spending his free time trying to make a free radio channel for us all. However I think it would benefit everyone involved if they address the above issues.

Oh, for sure :)

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be annoyed if it turns out to be total lies again. ;)

OMFG!!!! I tuned into HL Radio for the first time right now - and I have NEVER heard so musch CRAP being led out in 15 min.!!!
They are just trying to hide their inferiority by bitching some Star Wars-dude and other people. OMG a lot of crap... how should I expect any knews from a bunch of children??

do do do....

i listened to the show once. it was just some nerdy guy saying that he's not worthy of talking to andy hodges and he proceeded to be all "i'm not worthy i'm not worthy" you could tell the hlr people were like "wtf is this guy going on about... well we have to be polite i guess... " it was quite funny. anyways i'll listen in tonight. chances are there will be no new info, but if there is, then y'all are wasting your time saying there's no new info coming out and you're only hurting yourselves. if there really IS nothing new, then whatever, i'm not gonna be dissappointed, it's always easy to do other things while you're listening :)

*trying to stop the hate*

Last one I heard they were on the E3 floor with none other than:

UBISOFT !

Yup, these guys were sucking up to ubi like there was no tomorrow (and like the show wasn't named HALFLIFE RADIO). I mean these guys were sucking up to Ubi so hard i couldn't tell were HL radio ended and Ubi began...

And ofcourse in true american style they have loads of advertisment and a disclaimer 30 seconds long.

No thank you, i'll stick to HL2.net.

Crusader said:
What could possibly be wrong with a HL2 bashing thread, tbh there should be an official forum for it. It's not like people are bashing something that, say, 25% of people think is a decent effort at a Half-Life radio show, it's bashing something that nigh on everyone agrees deserves to be bashed.

The problem is that the radio fanboys at source will take our criticism very negatively, and then another "site-bashing war" could come out again... HL2.net being the biggest (and best imo) Half-Life 2 fansite has on numerous occasions been accused of starting flame-fests with rival sites... resulting in a lot of words said that never should have, and endless "oMG tehy r 6yr 0ldd n0bs" posts...

"oMG tehy r 6yr 0ldd n0bs"

Don't bring the Counter-Strike community into this please.

Because HL-source/radio is half of the Counter-Strike community.

Six Three said:
The problem is that the radio fanboys at source will take our criticism very negatively, and then another "site-bashing war" could come out again... HL2.net being the biggest (and best imo) Half-Life 2 fansite has on numerous occasions been accused of starting flame-fests with rival sites... resulting in a lot of words said that never should have, and endless "oMG tehy r 6yr 0ldd n0bs" posts...
i agree with you, man. i don't like the flame wars. totally unnecessary. the different sites cater to diff. types of people, no reason to get mad over it(on any side of the flame war).

well after all when is going to be??? on what time zone???? i'm GMT +02:00

If you're doing to discuss the radio itself then do so but keep it mature and civil :)

I very much doubt they’ll have anything ‘new’ but if you’re interested and think your ears can survive the punishment then tune in and find out :p

Munro said:
If you're doing to discuss the radio itself then do so but keep it mature and civil :)

I very much doubt they’ll have anything ‘new’ but if you’re interested and think your ears can survive the punishment then tune in and find out :p

back to work Mr. Safeway!

Munro said:

ah good ol' munro comin' by to set us straight :cheers: :D

and... agreed.

that site is owned by Andy Hodges... yea, this is why you don't listen to his "reports."

listening to halflife radio for the first time right now
have to say it's pretty entertaining, even though they spend alot of time talking about their personal lives and not games but whatever
:p
im tunin in tonight!

It has to be sayed that theres a huge interlectual gab between HL2.net people and the those radio people :) I Havn't heard that much crap since the last time i were with my fellow gymnasium student (thought people would act like adults there...)!!

But I'll probably tune in at 1 am to here what they got :)

B_MAN said:
listening to halflife radio for the first time right now
have to say it's pretty entertaining, even though they spend alot of time talking about their personal lives and not games but whatever
:p
im tunin in tonight!

Yeah its so entertaining........you have no clue how immature those 30+ year olds on that radio are. :rolleyes:

i listened to hl radio once and im never gonna listen to it again

I mean i listened to it when they were talking to ubisoft, and Man they were trying to be funny and it wasn't. Also i had to start off by listening to some guy singing in a really BAD voice by purpose! it shouldn't be called Half Life Radio at all!

FAN BOY RADIO maybe

so is the HL2 multiplayer info on HL radio or is it on the half life source site

Crusader said:
How come every single thread attracts loads of people saying "in before close", "*closed*", etc? Is it like some weird, new surreptitious spamming method?

no. look how crappy this thread has become. its just hate. filling up forum space. CLOSED

You can't just close it like that....

Anyways, HLR was once good, but it all went downhill..

Important thing to note
Though i dislike being led on and yadda yadda yadda, dislike the radio yadaa yadda

Their "lies" about the sdk kit being released prior to HL2 isn't
a)completely false as parts of the kit have come out, and HL2 is not out yet(obviously)
b) Generally their information is touted as exclusive when it's not, but that information, such as the SDK release are based on what Valve has announced.

I get aggravated when they suggest they will talk on certain issues, don't talk on those issues, then don't even apoligize or let everyone know that it wasn't intended to short them out of hours of listening and doing productive things.

Oh well, I don't think we could make a radio better necessarily. But what i want to know, why do we need a radio? Forums allow a lot more opinions, and can still accomodate News Flashes and announcements, and don't require watching the entire time to pick up new information. If it was announced 15 minutes ago, its there in text, not a recording you find later.

rant=done :D

I remember the last time the promised info on HL2.

i listened to them talking to Ubisoft for an hour then talking about some other stuff.... then talking about women who are paid to be nice to them.... then talking about far cry and ubisoft some more...

then re airing a 30 second interview with gabe.... then saying that was it..

4 hours of my life for nothing, and i repeat nothing new.

then came the part when they freaked out and acused me and others of being made up people by the leaders of other sites trying to make then look bad.

Ill just not bother listening to that crap again tonight and read what happened tommorrow when i wake up... Im predicting this is yet another false hype campiagn.

I have a terribly onimous vision in my mind of a large can of spam slowly inflating to bursting point.

I didnt quite understand there quote about TF fans feeling "betrayed" that infomation wasnt released about TF2 at E3... was it ever going to be?

IS the interview ment to be at this time?? I'm close 1 am now so I just want to know if it's the right 1 am?????

[sl@yer] said:
Erm...yes Greenwich is in London.......but the UK is in British Summer Time at the moment....which means it is 1hr ahead of GMT.
Er no lol
GMT is still GMT fs :rolleyes:

Gahhhh... I don't wonna wait a hour more ... So I'll think i will read the news (if ther's going to some) to morrow :)

GMT is UK time.

ie. my time.

its 20 minutes to 1 in the morning.

the extra hour in summer applies to GMT too.

well, this should be interetsing. HLRadio is a decent, imo, concept... but it's prett yboring listening to bad music/ads/bad jokes for 1:30, then to have thier big deal of the night on for 10 minutes, rarley learing anyhting new...etc.

I'm also sorta put off thier whole community because I wwas reading a thread where a guy supposedly e-mailed valve and was like "have you ever helped hl2.net?" and apparently Gabe said no.

I e-mailed gabe and he said the e-mail was faked.....
pretty sad.

I know that's not hlr..... but if the community has to make up e-mails to fight against a website, well, then......sad.

omg dunno what the hell I'm listening to here, apparently it is halflife radio.

think I'll just *close* this....

From what I heard guys, it's gonna be a repeat. A few ppl in the IRC Chat said that it was a repeat/previouslly recorded. I dunno if its true or not but we'll find out. Plus it's already 8 PM and they're still acting like friggin Beavis and Butthead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back