M.i.a.

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Anyone ever listen to her?

She's very interesting, although I doubt many would like her style. I usually wouldn't like this type of music, but I enjoy this.

She's indian, but has a british accent because she came from london.

Her music is a combination of techno/african/indian/hip-hop/electronic/techno-pop.

If you check her out, listen to the songs $20 and Paper Planes.

She's hot :p

But seriously, I heard her a couple years ago, and I kind of liked her style. A bit repetitive, but interesting nonetheless.

She's hot :p

But seriously, I heard her a couple years ago, and I kind of liked her style. A bit repetitive, but interesting nonetheless.

Agreed on both notes.

She is very attractive, but indeed repetative, like many artists.

I like M.I.A. but then again almost all my friends refuse to listen to her, won't even shut up n deal with it in the car.

For the briefest moments that I read the title of the thread, I only thought of 3 possibilities:

MIA by Avenged Sevenfold?
MIA by Aerosmith
MIA by Foo fighters?

Anyway, I checked out the myspace and it seems to sound like typical hip hop, well at least the songs there, and sorry but they suck...

My friend likes MIA a lot, I've never really listened to her though...

MrBobbert, if they don't want to listen to your music in your car, then it sounds like they want to walk.

M.I.A is off the chain. Her collaboration with Timbaland is sweet, and she's got some of the freshest beats around. I recommend 'Galang' (pretty much a grime classic these days, with a massive number of wicked remixes) '10 Dollar', '$20' and 'Come Around' (Featuring Timbaland).

<3's M.I.A.

soulslicer, you are a foooool.

For the briefest moments that I read the title of the thread, I only thought of 3 possibilities:

MIA by Avenged Sevenfold?
MIA by Aerosmith
MIA by Foo fighters?

Anyway, I checked out the myspace and it seems to sound like typical hip hop, well at least the songs there, and sorry but they suck...

well those were, pretty famous songs, I really thought this thread was about one of their songs. Ah, nvmind...

Christ she is gorgeous.
[youtube]7sei-eEjy4g[/youtube]

I find her to be rediculously attractive. Especially when she wears her flamboyant Indian/African Ghetto outfits in her vids.

You're one of the last people I'd take musical advice from, so I'd definitely add a "in my opinion she sucks" at the end there ;)

You're one of the last people I'd take musical advice from, so I'd definitely add a "in my opinion she sucks" at the end there ;)

I don't care if you wouldn't take advice from me since your musical taste are probably far too superior to mine :| ..but I can say one thing is that don't like any cheesy hip hop RnB singing kind of stuff.

I don't care if you wouldn't take advice from me since your musical taste are probably far too superior to mine :| ..but I can say one thing is that don't like any cheesy hip hop RnB singing kind of stuff.

Eh, it's all good. Probably just the way you said it made me annoyed me ("sorry but they suck"). Let's be friends!

Eh, it's all good. Probably just the way you said it made me annoyed me ("sorry but they suck"). Let's be friends!

Okay, apologies that I do pull the pin on my nade without giving 2 shits about the people around me once in a while, also, yes, we all have different musical tastes.

I wanted to like her so bad but I just can't get into the music. I love world music, I love some hip-hop, I love some Spanish music, but I am just not feeling her mix.

(I was really hoping this thread was regarding this MIA--one of the best punk bands EVER!)

timbaland

yeah... if u like timbaland , there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

NOOOO

Back