M4 - Work In Progress

Looks amazing. A tad chunky for an M4, but then again, I'm used to the CSS M4, which is skinny as Victoria Beckham. I love it though!

Of course that was the super high poly weapon, here is the meshmodel that will be ingame.

Ribbed4.jpg

Ribbed3.jpg

6.jpg

why did u sacrifice the scope |?
and by goats do u mean the clan ?
if u can unwrap that id love to give it a go after i finish this colt1911 im doing.

Yeah the clan, and their weapons modeling things forum. Yeah if you wanna try unwrapping just contact me on msn [email protected] il hook you up with the max files.

no i dont want to try unwrapping lol ...not to good at that im just a skinner ....
if and when u have them give them to me

Thats sweet. I like the one with the grenade launcher but i think it would look cooler without the scope. It would look exactly like the one in Scarface. Awww such a great movie!

Ah, how I love the 11,5" barrel :D

Can't stand M4's with longer barrels :p

BTW: Just Heckler & Koch call the attachment system RAS, the usual term is RIS, ChrisArt.

You need to change the stock a little, because the end is flat not curved.
Green_Set_6pos_M4HG.jpg

who cares about the stock your not even going to see that ingame ...
im voting for number 1 or 2 .

GET IT INGAME

numero uno !!
the original is the best, but surely it wouldnt take much to skin that small section of Commando Barrel would it ?

...stay away from the socom stock in my opinion :p

PS. if you have any time on your hands, could you make a version without the RIS or RAS, just plain old foregrip like above ? ive always preferred that type. :thumbs:

i was just wondering what program u used and what type of modeling u used to make the gun (box model, plane model etc.)

mindless_moder said:
who cares about the stock your not even going to see that ingame ...
im voting for number 1 or 2 .

GET IT INGAME

Its being unwrapped now

That is sweet. Any chance u could make a model w/ the scope and no launcher. With the origional m4 equipment.

I can look into that once I got this one done unwrapped and skinned, scope is allways cool. Want that on the handle or without a handle?

EDIT! Oh yeah Random.Hero, first unwrap will be with the original handguard ;) But im doing one with the Ace Stock first.

Unwrapping.jpg

I will unwrap both original and Ace stock

Whichever is easiest for u. I'm not that picky. They all look great its a hard decision anyway. I'm just waiting for a mp5 w/ a working laser, like in 1.6.

wow everything looks perfect. In some of the 1st pictures i noticed u didn't put that curve in the front sights but I think u fixed it in that last picture.

Ribbed3.jpg

m4a1frontsight.jpg

at the tip of the front sight u can see it has a curve

chris art your rear sight is off you dont have the winder thing attached to the rear sight post

fig2.gif

heres what mine looks like (car-15)

sight.jpg

Il fix that before I unwrap that section, thanks for pointing it out.

yay !! :p looks nicer like that i think :thumbs:

looking good but have you found anyone to skin it yet ?
maybe you could post the Unwrap on here for people to download and have a go :rolling:

Save these pictures to your harddrive before the bandwidth gets used up.

also make the handle screws a bit thicker and make the rear sight adjusting knob thicker
is.php

here's a pic of the left side of the rear sight
is.php

and you might want to add more detail to the charging handle since it will be up close to you.

is.php

is.php

The pictures dont work in firefox you will have to open in them in IE.

Well atleast I had to, dont know about you guys

Awesome model and the texturing is coming along very well :)

the textured AR15 that was posted isnt mine :thumbs:

thanks for the advice on the sizes of things

Well I dont really know how much more I need to do with this model.
Fixed adjustment knob at rear sight, rear sight and charging handle

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I got 2-3 people wanting to skin this, and might have someone better than me to unwrap it to. We`ll see soon, if there are anymore fixes needed now is the time to point them out.

And before everyone freaks out, there will be a full barrel version, a original stock version and a RAS/RIS version.

Everything's perfect cept for the thumbscrews on the handle, they should be thicker

9_1024.ts1103600768382.jpg

oh and also make the front sight more triangular instead of being straight.

10_1024.ts1103602266476.jpg

thug this is modeling we have poly caps we cant stick everything in thanks for pointing out the other details just wanted to give you the heads up not everything can be perfect

you could've use a few more sides on the foregrip Chris, its very square.

Back