Machine Gun

sublidieminal

Reaction score
If you run out of ammo on the machine gun the bullets that go into the gun remain. I don't knonw if anyone has mentioned this. This is a simple mistake... why haven't they one it right?

Oh, well I just figured it was since it said 0 ammo and ammo was still lying there on the gun.

Those bullets are part of the model. If there were to be no bullets when you have 0 ammo then that would mean an extra model being made and some coding. I suppose it wouldn't be that hard but its just some extra work. I'd rather have Valve work on more maps and release them.

You hardly get empty ammo with that gun anyway unless you run around shooting mindlessly.

Plain and simple - it was lazy coding/modeling/animating. What you describe has already been done in HL1 mods.

To clarify, these hl1 guns, when on their last few shots you see the end of the belt feed into the gun. When the belt is gone, the clip is empty.

who the hell cares? (apart from thread starter)

its just a bloody model, which has no impact on the gameplay whatsoever.
pointless thread.

Demonmerc said:
Plain and simple - it was lazy coding/modeling/animating. What you describe has already been done in HL1 mods.
Agreed. There are other mistakes as well: most the rifiles are the left-handed version and the M4 reload is obviously flawed.

JPack said:
Agreed. There are other mistakes as well: most the rifiles are the left-handed version and the M4 reload is obviously flawed.
how do you tell teh difference between left handed and right handed versions?

The ejector port is on the left when in right handed, because the gun was originally modeled for left-handed use and hasn't changed.

Pretty stupid for them not to fix it with like 80%-90% of CS players being right handed. How the hell do people shoot with ejecting cartriges flying in front of your nose. :E

Plus when the cratriges eject they are very hot, so you'd also get burnt :D

And in 1.6 the bullets only disapeared when you reached 0 ammo. You didn't see the end of the belt feed through. You just fired your last shot and the bullets just vanished!

Carnage_333 said:

pointless thread.

It's the little charming things that people notice in games that make people love them. I remember when css first came out, I was in awe playing with the computer towers. The freaking parts fell out!!

Now, when you see the machine gun, it can't even show that there are actually no bullets left. I know you hardlydly reach zero but I was messing around and I noticed, just like you people noticed about the computer and the pictures and the "shadow glitches".

But this gets called a pointless thread.. what a shame.

no its not pointless its.... well ok kind of pointless but hen i have to aggree its kind of irritating if you have a game like cs:s i think you can at least get the bullets out i mean com on.

You could of edited! ^^

Well theres a lot of things that still need to be added, maps for a start, player models that sort of thing. They may sort it out eventually and make separate right handed models so the shell ejection is correct. Just give them time.

I noticed the left-handedness of the firearms the first time I played (especially the m4). This has really bothered me, but I can understand why it it is not fixed. Does not really effect gameplay.

Yea one day, when all the important gameplay flaws are fixed, they should fix all the cosmetic flaws.

Yeah I fire rifles left handed (IRL) and in basic training the shells would often hit me in the face, land on my arm, or the worst, land on my neck and go down my shirt. Always use the brass deflector.

The left handed weapons were already explained by Valve. They said they realized that they were technically incorrect, but they left them that way as it looked "cooler" to see the cartridges ejecting.

Don't ask me for a link as that was from a few months ago I think, and I don't remember if it was an interview, an e-mail, or a forum post.

Carnage_333 said:

pointless thread.

So you would be ok with just square blocks for the weapon models? It wouldn't have any impact on gameplay.

Well that would boost FPS :p

I personally haven't noticed the left-handedness of the guns, but I don't know much about guns anyway. But even I could figure out that the shells shouldn't fly in you face.

Back