Major Team Fortress 2 News

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Shacknews is reporting that some major Team Fortress 2 changes are due in the coming couple of months. The article indicates that there will be two new maps and that changes effecting the Medic class are only the beginning of a wider change for the game.[br]
"Our estimate is that both these maps should be out within the next 2 months," Valve employee Robin Walker told Shacknews. "We expect to ship other new content before that."[br]"It's a large scale modification to the core of the game," Walker hinted. "It'll debut in a limited fashion through the Medic first, but it'll be affecting all classes eventually."[br]"We're really looking forward to the community reaction," he continued. "We're really excited about where TF2 will be going over the next year."
Shacknews also promise to have detailed thoughts on the new maps early next week.[br]Source

You got me excited there.

I thought all that shit just got released tonight.

I sort of don't want it to change, but if the game is always having large-ish tweaks every now and then, it could keep it fresh for longer.

People could vote on what versions they liked best, and have those bits implemented in newer versions, or something.

My guess is female genders for each class (starting with Medic here).

I'll be honest.

I'm genuinely quite intimidated and scared by this concept of a large-scale modification for Team-Fortress 2.

One of the maps is a Badlands remake. Just thought it should be mentioned.

I think I'll pass judgment on the changes when we actually get the details, in the meantime its good to actually get some decent official news.

Tbh I'm dissapointed it's gonna take 2 months. Also post some news on L4D! ;(

I trust Valve 100%, 99% of the updates for both counter-strike games i have supported. I have nothing to fear.

The so called "modification" is actually the same new medic feature being worked on, jesus christ.

you know what i love about TF2? The fact that there aren't grenades. I ****ing hate playing games, call of duty 4 for example, where people can just randomly lob grenades all over hell and get kills. It's cheap and lame.

:facepalm:

It would affect all classes simultaneously if that were the case. This is a great retweaking of all class mechanics that may or may not be negative, and will almost certainly not be bringing back grenades. If either of those two things come true (grenades or just medics) I will jump into an icy pool of polluted water.

Medic will probably get the ability to infect people like in the original.
Badlands as a CP map?Bah!Disappointed to hear that.We have enough cp maps as it is.

They should leave the gameplay alone, and give us some new damn maps. Don't go the route of BF2 where they were fiddling with the gameplay mechanics in every patch.

Well, by the sounds of it... it can't be a medic-specific change to the medic since they said all classes would get it eventually.

"It'll debut in a limited fashion through the Medic first, but it'll be affecting all classes eventually."

I also hope they don't destroy the game... I rather like it as is.

Say no for:
*Grenades
*Female medic
*other stupid crap

Maybe at first just infecting enemy medics?

You could cure it by healing or dispensers or health packs.

We'll see.

Oh and yes, new maps for sure!

I don't think they'll add grenades. They know for a fact that it turns the game into spam fest which would make escaping spawn on Dustbowl even more unbearable.

Frankly, I'm excited. I really hope they add a bit more depth to the game. If it comes out next month then it would be a pretty awesome birthday present. :D

Sounds great. Let's just hope that Valve's notion of 'within the next 2 months' means it will be released within the next 2 months. ;)

Why drastic changes for the gameplay? Something that?s good shouldn?t be changed...

"We're really looking forward to the community reaction,"
Very optimistic considering how bitchy people were over TF2 itself with the no grenades and such and how bitchy people are over every CSS update.

And how bitchy people were over the bitching over the aforementioned. And how bitchy the latter people were over the former people bitching over the aforementioned. And how bi- What's that? Ah, ok.

Enjoy your thread.

I'm expecting a large red button in every map, crossfire-style. Note that there'll be no bunkers, so the only way to not die would be an Invul.

Oh, and first only the Medic will be able to use it.

I am highly addicted to TF2, can't wait.... :thumbs:

Ok, Valve what ever you do...

DONT KILL TF2!!!!

Its one of your biggest achievements yet, dont destroy it

Back