Makes me hate AvP movie even more!!!!

Would you all calm down and have a cookie:) .

Okay anyone who takes RE over Alien needs to be bitchslapped. :|

Wiki said:
Both [Resident Evil] and [Resident Evil: Apocalypse] appear on Roger Ebert's most hated films list where Ebert describes Resident Evil as a zombie movie set in the 21st century where "large metallic objects make crashing noises just by being looked at...."

Oops lol

Good news at least: Cameron is starting a new sci-fi movie called Project 880/Avatar

Lt. Drebin said:
F*** YOU PAUL W. S. ANDERSON, and F*** YOU FOX.

Amen brother. IDIOTS. You destroyed the legend. You've taken two legendary movies, combined them and turned it into a really bad episode of buffy, with pretty good effects.

until i saw avp, i wouldnt have believed it possible to make a bad movie with an alien or a predator in it.

Redneck said:
Would you all calm down and have a cookie:) .

Hahaha I was acctualy eating one when i read that.

I liked the Alien movies for what they where. Plus, Alien was the first horror movie i saw. So that made an impression. I also enjoyd RE, but i played the game after, so for me it was two different things.

I never played RE 1, and didn't know much about anything.
But RE really didn't excite me that much, those special forces were utter unprofessional morons; the human zombies were so-so; the big beasties were really crapy animated and very exagerated movements, like totaly unphysical. not to mention they take human DNA and evolve in bigger beasts like in 10 seconds (they weren't even engieneered to do that, they just said that they injected the T-virus in their flesh); the main actrees is wearing a evening dress and kicking zombie dog ass (WTF????); the AI girl is like totaly wtf ("the glass is reienforced but it wont last forever"...hahaha,really WTF);...

It's totaly unrealistic, over exagerated, childis, plotless utter piece of crap compared to Alien(1,2), predator 1. Let's not even start talking abour RE2!

Aliens...realistical introduction; "human-ish"; scarry moments ("they mostly come out at night",...); dark belivable and detailed atmosphere; excelent pacing; belivable enemyes; belivable plot; the marines at least try to act professional; special efects are quality; the action is realistic (no jumping in slow motion and kiling monsters with farts),....

RE cannot even compare to it!
Gray Fox, go away with your wierd biased point of view!

jverne said:
I never played RE 1, and didn't know much about anything.
But RE really didn't excite me that much, those special forces were utter unprofessional morons; the human zombies were so-so; the big beasties were really crapy animated and very exagerated movements, like totaly unphysical. not to mention they take human DNA and evolve in bigger beasts like in 10 seconds (they weren't even engieneered to do that, they just said that they injected the T-virus in their flesh); the main actrees is wearing a evening dress and kicking zombie dog ass (WTF????); the AI girl is like totaly wtf ("the glass is reienforced but it wont last forever"...hahaha,really WTF);...

It's totaly unrealistic, over exagerated, childis, plotless utter piece of crap compared to Alien(1,2), predator 1. Let's not even start talking abour RE2!

Aliens...realistical introduction; "human-ish"; scarry moments ("they mostly come out at night",...); dark belivable and detailed atmosphere; excelent pacing; belivable enemyes; belivable plot; the marines at least try to act professional; special efects are quality; the action is realistic (no jumping in slow motion and kiling monsters with farts),....

RE cannot even compare to it!
Gray Fox, go away with your wierd biased point of view!
Me, go away? Your the one with the inability to handle different point of views, maybe you should take your own advice.

either way, thanks to fox and paul anderson, we're never going to see another good alien movie anyway :(.

Gray Fox said:
Me, go away? Your the one with the inability to handle different point of views, maybe you should take your own advice.

the majority thinks the same, so i'm "right" no matter how biased my information is. i made some quick points why RE sucks compared to Aliens.

but i have to agree somewhat with you...if somebody likes retarded, unrealistic, plotless, unexplained, B rated movies. then let him... as for the rest of the world Aliens is better than RE...so good bye

jverne said:
the majority thinks the same, so i'm "right" no matter how biased my information is. i made some quick points why RE sucks compared to Aliens.

but i have to agree somewhat with you...if somebody likes retarded, unrealistic, plotless, unexplained, B rated movies. then let him... as for the rest of the world Aliens is better than RE...so good bye
Did I hear that correctly, did you say that Halo and Halo2 are better then HL2, because if I were top say that I would be right no matter how biased my information is, because there are more people out there that think so.

See the problem with your previous post is the same with the quoted one, none of the critisizm you have on RE shows any real knowledge of the subject you are talking about, nor any real honest comparisons between the two movies. You merely post insults that fail to post the logical fallacy test on the most basic level.
Insulting a movie for having reinforced glass that doesn't last forever is one of those post, why would reinforced glass last forever, it's not undestructuble glass, i fail to see how this makes the movie dumb. All I see is someone who is desperatly trying to insult the movie and cares little for actually providing good examples.

I may have failed to see the things that make Alien such a classic, but atleast I was able to clearly point out the aspects of the movie that left me uninpressed.

And RE was certainly not a retarted B movie, it may not have been the pinnacle of cinematografie or have a brillian script, but it's screenplay was more then enough to carry the movie. In the end it was an interesting movie that provided exellent entertainment and succesfully toyed with ones expectations, and was most of the time one step ahead of you. It did not aspire to greatness, and pretend to be more then it is, but at it's basic level it succeded better then most movies.

jverne said:

There is no right opinion.

Gray Fox said:
Did I hear that correctly, did you say that Halo and Halo2 are better then HL2, because if I were top say that I would be right no matter how biased my information is, because there are more people out there that think so.

See the problem with your previous post is the same with the quoted one, none of the critisizm you have on RE shows any real knowledge of the subject you are talking about, nor any real honest comparisons between the two movies. You merely post insults that fail to post the logical fallacy test on the most basic level.
Insulting a movie for having reinforced glass that doesn't last forever is one of those post, why would reinforced glass last forever, it's not undestructuble glass, i fail to see how this makes the movie dumb. All I see is someone who is desperatly trying to insult the movie and cares little for actually providing good examples.

I may have failed to see the things that make Alien such a classic, but atleast I was able to clearly point out the aspects of the movie that left me uninpressed.

And RE was certainly not a retarted B movie, it may not have been the pinnacle of cinematografie or have a brillian script, but it's screenplay was more then enough to carry the movie. In the end it was an interesting movie that provided exellent entertainment and succesfully toyed with ones expectations, and was most of the time one step ahead of you. It did not aspire to greatness, and pretend to be more then it is, but at it's basic level it succeded better then most movies.

well yes HAlo is better for the majority of people, but not for me!
yes RE could be better but it's not.

i stand with the crowd in this case! Aliens is better, for most reasons...find them yourself...

Gray Fox said:
the first RE movie was better then any alien movie and on par with the first predator.
I'm just quoting this again so people not reading the first page can see it.

:LOL:

Axyon said:
I'm just quoting this again so people not reading the first page can see it.

:LOL:
What an intelligent post, not flamebait or anything. They should really make you a mod.

Oh wait.

smarty-pants-logo-with-photo.jpg

Now you're just trying to hurt my feelings.

jverne said:
well yes HAlo is better for the majority of people, but not for me!
yes RE could be better but it's not.

i stand with the crowd in this case! Aliens is better, for most reasons...find them yourself...
:cat:

I actually enjoyed AvP, and don`t give the "oh my god, that movies sucks, you suck for liking it" bullshit, yeah it ****ed about a bit with the cannon of the Alien films (my favourite sc-fi saga), but so what, it was meant as a comic book inspired action movie, and that`s what I got and enjoyed.
Lets face it, it was never gonna be the next Alien simply beacause of the premise.
I`m looking foward to the sequel.

Oh yeah, and on the Ridley/Cameron/Alien 5 thing, in interviews leading up to to the announcement of AvP, both directors had distanced themselves from ever making a fith movie, so for them to turn around now and say they were planning to do another, well, you know, how about you say these things in the first place if that`s what you are wantng to do, instead of complaining when a dfferent film is made in it`s place.

Oh, and saying Resident Evil is better than Alien is bullshit too,

Alien brought the first real female hero Icon into hollywood movies, the first real serious sci-f horror into a genre which no one would take seriously and the best ****ing monster in sci-fi.

Resident Evil brought....shite zombies.

stemot said:
I actually enjoyed AvP, and don`t give the "oh my god, that movies sucks, you suck for liking it" bullshit, yeah it ****ed about a bit with the cannon of the Alien films (my favourite sc-fi saga), but so what, it was meant as a comic book inspired action movie, and that`s what I got and enjoyed.
Lets face it, it was never gonna be the next Alien simply beacause of the premise.
I`m looking foward to the sequel.

oh my god, that movies sucks, you suck for liking it

Gray Fox said:
Now you're just trying to hurt my feelings.

Me? Oh Fox, I wouldn't. :angel:

the thing that annoyed me most about AvP was how they didnt even attempt to make a good plot for it. eg. why the hell is there a mayan/aztec temple miles under antarctica? why are we in antarctica wearing only skivvies and not freezing? and why would a race that supposedly spends their entire lives hunting aliens, and has multiple forms of vision for that exact purpose not notice that a dead predator had an alien inside it? even uwe could have done a better job :p

When I first heard of the AvP movie I thought it was going to be like the game AvP. If they made the movie after the game then they wouldn't have had to **** about with Alien cannon because it wouldn't have been necessary. In the game the action takes place relatively in parallel of the Aliens movie the only difference is that the Predators show up as well.
I really wish scrip writers would just stop doing the ol' copy and paste with "The Thing" script: people are killed by monsters in the Arctic. The script is just ridiculous from start to finish: Why was there a pyramid under Antarctica and nobody noticed that until now? Why were the Aliens and Predators going all DM on an inhabited Planet when they could've chosen a deserted planet? How the heck did they survive there underground I wonder?

The whole antarctica thing also shat all over one of the main ideas of the predator movies, that being that they only show up when it's incredibly hot, eg jungle or LA in a heat wave :(

The stupidest part was the translation writen by the myans that was read out as
"Some aliens found a backwater planet (that's what they refer to their own planet as) and blahblahblah the people worshiped them (the people who wrote that, knew they were aliens but also thought that they were gods?) blah"

Redneck said:
When I first heard of the AvP movie I thought it was going to be like the game AvP. If they made the movie after the game then they wouldn't have had to **** about with Alien cannon because it wouldn't have been necessary. In the game the action takes place relatively in parallel of the Aliens movie the only difference is that the Predators show up as well.
I really wish scrip writers would just stop doing the ol' copy and paste with "The Thing" script: people are killed by monsters in the Arctic.
The original AvP movie script was overviewed in a mid 90s issue of EGM, which I hold somewhere still. I remember being so excited about it. 10 years later I see a complete bastardization of what was originally intended.
Alien: Ressurection borrowed elements from the AvP script though. Nobody realizes this. According to a very dusty memory, the end of AvP was supposed to be with the Preds siding with the humans, and a human female gives birth to a hybrid Pred/human as they flee some warring planet. :|

The whole AvP thing should never have made it to film. It's like Marvel vs Capcom - a fun idea to mess around with and stretch a game out of, but try to stick a plot to it and it's hopeless. Even the books were pretty poor although admittedly I only read one of them, not being able to put myself through a second.

I hate it when they take the Alien idea and then weaken the alien, turning it into cannon fodder. The original alien was supposed to be able to rip through inch-thick steel. You can't then stick it in a fist fight with a Predator, one of whom lost a punch up with Danny 'i'm-too-old-fuh-dis' Glover, without pooing on the Alien canon.

Alien: Resurrection was stinking awful, too. Gimmicky black prodigious camera-on-the-bullet sniper-type characters ftmfl, or at least ftmfkiddies.

Laivasse said:
Alien: Resurrection was stinking awful, too. Gimmicky black prodigious camera-on-the-bullet sniper-type characters ftmfl, or at least ftmfkiddies.

The dialogue was a big bunch of lose too.

Bull Goose Loony said:
The whole antarctica thing also shat all over one of the main ideas of the predator movies, that being that they only show up when it's incredibly hot, eg jungle or LA in a heat wave :(

Not a huge detail, but I also took a great deal of exception to this oversight. :frown:

I think the explenation for that is that million years ago antartice was coverd in a lush tropical forrest since it was near the equator. And when it shifted south they were to lazy to build another one.

James Cameron said:
"So, I stopped work. Then I saw Alien vs Predator and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 [sic] Alien films, I'd rate it 3rd."
It would appear dear James and I were watching different versions of AvP.

I thought AvP was about on par with Alien Resurection and maybe better than Alien 3 - so really, 3rd might be about right. :p

I didn't think it was terrible personally - just dull and average in every way.

Samon said:

C'mon.....3 was not the typical Alien, but it was good. You gotta feel bad for Fincher, that dude got screwed BIG TIME by Fox with all the interfering they did in that movie's production....he did the best he could. Enjoyable.

I didn't bother with 3 or Res, but since AvP was a sequel to two of my favorite movie lines of all time combined into one, I got super excited about it.

Then I saw it and I was depressed for like a week.

But this. This is going to last me like two weeks. The fact that I could have had another Alien movie with a collaboration of the directing talent from the first two? And AvP ruined this?! ;(

Three would have been good if
1 they had kept some of the better elements of the restored version
2 they hadn't used the stupid greenscreened rod puppet instead of a suit
3 they hadn't killed off everyone during the opening credits

3 was by far the biggest fux-up. Killing them would have been okay, but not in a short blip during the dang credits.

I personally just pretend that these last three alien movies never happened.

In that respect, maybe 5 getting canceled is for the best. Now I can keep living the dream. :p

Meh, all that really matters to me is Aliens, it good on every level, and has many, many awesome one liners. eg. pretty much everything hudson says, and also "I guess she don't like the cornbread either"

Lt. Drebin said:
C'mon.....3 was not the typical Alien, but it was good. You gotta feel bad for Fincher, that dude got screwed BIG TIME by Fox with all the interfering they did in that movie's production....he did the best he could. Enjoyable.

Disagreed, no matter how you look at it - sucks.

Back