Man Airsoft only gets sweeter!

SnowBall

Reaction score
I feel kinda silly that it only took me 5 days to post this, but just the other day (Monday) in the mail I recieved my first gas airsoft gun. My precious is a lil KWA/KSC Glock 19. This thing is about an inch or so shorter than a Beretta M9, but man does it pack a punch. Bout 315-350 FPS with Green Gas. Not only that but I also bough the Glock 18 50 round mag for it. Talk about fun! Still havent had the oppertunity to skirmish with it though.
http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/images/509b.jpg
http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/images/509a.jpg
Next up I plan on tackling the Tokyo Marui G36C AEG.

you could just shoot them in their eye and own them.

still, i dont think the orange barrel does much to protect u. If i was a cop and saw u point that at somebody, u'd be sh0tz0rs.

if you get a real gun, and put an orange stripe on it, then what? :)

That orange paint is only mandatory in a few countries.

The US is one of them...

Nice... I'm tempted to start Airsofting once I get the money, one of the paintball sites I go to does airsoft too, and it looks pretty fun. I just need money and free time... hmm, that's never gonna happen :(

Airsoft, cool
where do you guys skirmish?
I know nothing about airsoft...
whats the difference between gas powered, spring and Electric?

if anyone has an aeg, can you tell me what they sound like?? ive seen a few videos, and they sound pretty weak. thats why i want a gbb [glock18c - full auto :p ] instead.

I play usually in the woods near my house. A gas powered airsoft gun can use many types of gas, such as Green gas, HFC134a, and Red Gas. Usually they are pistols and if you can find a gas rifle then you are lucky as they are very powerful and inexpensive. These are the cream of the crop in the pistol world. They range anywhere from 150-500 feet per second depending on the gun and gas used. They can fire in semi automatic and some models can shoot in full auto or even burst.
Spring guns are the basics. This is where its best to start. They sually only cost about $30 for a pistol and up to $100 for a rifle. They require that you use the cocking mechanism on the gun after every shot to compress a spring which propells the bb's. These however usually dont last over a year b4 they break.
Electrig guns better known as AEG's (auto electric gun) are top of the line. If your relly serious about airsoft chances are you have one or are gettin one. They are full size rifles that have a motor inside of them which compresses a spring after everyshot. They can be full auto, or semi auto. These things come stock at around 290fps and can be upgraded to 500fps. They have a ton of upgrades, accesories and cosmetics you can get for them. You can get an aeg usually from around $180-$2000.
The sound an AEG makes is a high pitched whiiir sound usually. From a distance they sound realisitic but up close they sound like an electric whining noise. As for the glock 18, you should pass on it. They have been known for cracking and breaking in full auto. I didnt get one for a reason. ;)
If you really wanna get a full auto gun get a Mac 11 or Beretta M93r with a metal body upgrade and you should be fine. Gas guns I can assure you make a very satisfying noise. Kinda a dampened down sound of a real gun. (mine does anyways)

SnowBall said:
I play usually in the woods near my house. A gas powered airsoft gun can use many types of gas, such as Green gas, HFC134a, and Red Gas. Usually they are pistols and if you can find a gas rifle then you are lucky as they are very powerful and inexpensive. These are the cream of the crop in the pistol world. They range anywhere from 150-500 feet per second depending on the gun and gas used. They can fire in semi automatic and some models can shoot in full auto or even burst.
Spring guns are the basics. This is where its best to start. They sually only cost about $30 for a pistol and up to $100 for a rifle. They require that you use the cocking mechanism on the gun after every shot to compress a spring which propells the bb's. These however usually dont last over a year b4 they break.
Electrig guns better known as AEG's (auto electric gun) are top of the line. If your relly serious about airsoft chances are you have one or are gettin one. They are full size rifles that have a motor inside of them which compresses a spring after everyshot. They can be full auto, or semi auto. These things come stock at around 290fps and can be upgraded to 500fps. They have a ton of upgrades, accesories and cosmetics you can get for them. You can get an aeg usually from around $180-$2000.
The sound an AEG makes is a high pitched whiiir sound usually. From a distance they sound realisitic but up close they sound like an electric whining noise. As for the glock 18, you should pass on it. They have been known for cracking and breaking in full auto. I didnt get one for a reason. ;)
If you really wanna get a full auto gun get a Mac 11 or Beretta M93r with a metal body upgrade and you should be fine. Gas guns I can assure you make a very satisfying noise. Kinda a dampened down sound of a real gun. (mine does anyways)

wow thanks a TON man :)
makes me wanna gear up and get dirty.
but where in the hell am I going to find people in my area that use airsoft?
I guess I could convince some of my friends..

AEG is stronger than gas guns. AEG's can get up to 500fps while gas guns can barely reach 400.

the glock 18 doesnt break...

get the metal slide and metal barrel if you get one.

Thats how it works. It started out me and 2 of my friends playing accross the street with spring pistols and surely after time I spread it on and now its gigantic in my area. if you wanna look at some airsoft guns I reccomend you try these sites. If you live in the US go tho these:
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/
http://www.plyconsarmory.com/
http://www.shortyusa.com/
http://www.combatdepot.com/
If you live anywhere else try these sites based in Hong Kong:
www.redwolfairsoft.com
www.wgcshop.com
www.airsoftclub.com
www.dentrinity.com

you also may want to try something called.......

paintball

Ridic said:
AEG is stronger than gas guns. AEG's can get up to 500fps while gas guns can barely reach 400.

the glock 18 doesnt break...

get the metal slide and metal barrel if you get one.
Need I prove you wrong? Most of them come with the metal slide and barrel. Just because yours hasnt broken doesnt mean that its not prone to, because its got major breaking issues.
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33864&SearchTerms=glock,18
"Full auto Glocks are known to have long term reliability issues. There are a number of things to go wrong, the most prevalent being the selector switch deciding to go retarded (or breaking )."
"Personally, I think the G19 (Japan version)performs better than the G18c(when both are stock). I have not handled a modded G19 yet. I don't think there's a Japan version G18c anymore. I have seen too many "KSC" G18cs with the trademark label on rightside of grip falling off exposing "Made in Taiwan"."
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33343&SearchTerms=glock,18
"I hear that with the G18c on full auto jams sometimes and also if the slide is plastic it will break. Also if you have a metal slide and you use full auto alot than it will like warp your slide. So id go with a semi auto like MFR said. Get like the G19."
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29327&SearchTerms=glock,18
"There is no best G18, they all can and more likely then not WILL break sooner rather then later.

I have never heard of gas leaks with a metal slide, the slide has nothing to do with the magazine, how could it possibly make it leak?"

Lol, no, but I'm more inclined to believe a few peoples word over my own guessing. Thus I got the Glock 19. I think its great your 18 hasnt broken, but I just didnt want to take any chances. Every review I've ever read (except for one person who got a lemon) said it was a perfect gun.

Air Guns are allowed in the UK, but be do not carry them out in Public places. (Only Private).

The best Gun I saw was at WemblyMarket(London), They sold the Gun with EXCO2 Pipe for £150. The Gun can shot iron and steal with a distance of 300M, It can kill a person with a Distance of 50M. That gun was a real and a fake gun at the same time.

Never trust public places for testing your Gun.

thanks again snowball, Im definately gonna get some cash together, and a group together.

How can you tell you hit someone from far away if you're using BB's? Atleast in paintball you can see that you hit em.

my friend has an awesome m4a1 aeg. He put a scope on it and a laser. when he first bought it it was 280 fps, then he got a upgrade for it for about 30 dollars and made it like 400 fps. its awesome but its not very awesome to get hit with. my friend was 20 ft away from him and the bb's got stuck in his hand

Pressure said:
How can you tell you hit someone from far away if you're using BB's? Atleast in paintball you can see that you hit em.

thats the problem...sometimes from far away you cant even feel it. We were playing with 2 spring guns that only at like 300fps, but i couldnt feel it at all when it hit my shorts from like 15 feet away.

If it was 300fps you woulda felt it. Springers usually never shoot over 260 fps. (sniper rifles and shotguns as exceptions.)

Heh, that is so true. Last time, my friend shot me in the arm, and I didn't even feel it. Then again, I was wearing a ton of protective vclothing. Oh, yeah...it was a cheap $5 springer too (under 100 fps).

Yeah, I just got my UHC MP5 SD3...YEAH! Rock on.

CyberSh33p said:
if you get a real gun, and put an orange stripe on it, then what? :)

Oh man thats a good idea................

Now I can rob that bank i've been eyen'.

Just paint the whole gun bright orange. Everyone will be so confused :) .

ROD said:
Yeah, I just got my UHC MP5 SD3...YEAH! Rock on.
Two of my friends have that gun. Great gun for the price. The magazine just gets annoying.

lol you guys dont understand just because it has orange doesnt mean you can go wave it around in public.

Jhahn2k4 said:
Sooo, what do you do in airsoft? Just shoot each other?
You can do anything you want. Target practice or play scenarios. Free for all, VIP, CTF, Team Deathmatch, diffuse the bomb, etc...

anyone with any experience witha maruzen mp5k, what do you think of it?? is it better than a g18c ?

yeah a lot better........but the glock 18c is great for a side arm.

Back