Man shot on London Underground

RoyaleWithCheese said:
frankly I don't see a real solution here. I guess we have to live with the fact that now and then terrorist acts will happen around the world. As long as the media pays massive attention to it, there will be a reason for terrorist acts.

Damn straight.
There used to be a lot of kidnappings and beheadings in Iraq, until the media refused to report it anymore.

Now there's no kidnappings or beheadings being reported! Coincidence? I think not!

kirovman said:
Now there's no kidnappings or beheadings being reported! Coincidence? I think not!
how would you know if the media didnt tell you? :rolling:

haha korebolter is your avatar supposed to be a swastika optical illusion or something, thats all i can get out of it.

gh0st said:
how would you know if the media didnt tell you? :rolling:
I can feel it... with the force! :eek:
gh0st said:
haha korebolter is your avatar supposed to be a swastika optical illusion or something, thats all i can get out of it.
It's whatever you want to see...

gh0st said:

bow down to my swastika avatar :eek: :rolleyes:

u mocking me? ROFL

Hmm, I can't imagine that the police would have shot him without a warning of "Stop, or I'll shoot you!"

John O'Connor, former commander of the Met Police, told the BBC the consequences of the shooting were likely to be "quite horrendous".

He said he expected officers to face criminal charges, and other officers could even refuse to carry weapons.

The Met are ****ing incompetent. Everyone was assuming on the day that they had shot this guy because they had actual intelligence on him and were maybe tracking him as part of a manhunt. Now it just turns out they shot him because he had a big jacket - and because he didn't stop running from a dozen guys in plain clothes carrying guns. Well, really, that's suspicious behaviour, isn't it. /sarc

Regardless of innocence, if I suddenly started being chased by a bunch of plain clothes police carrying guns, I might run too, especially if it looked like I might get away. Stupid or not, I would not deserve to be shot for it. This is London, not ****ing Israel.

"The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents on Thursday 21st July," the statement said.

"He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behavior added to their suspicions," the statement said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/23/AR2005072300438.html

That's all it was based on :|

hmmm, did no one shout something like "stop, police"

I mean... if I was suddenly being chased by so many plain clothed people with guns who hadnt identified themselves I think I would have ran too....

I hope more information is made available... but I doubt much more will. :(

Then he ran away, and refused to obey police instructions when finally caught.

Then they shot him. Sure, he wasn't connected, but really, obeying some simple instructions from several men with guns pointed at your head really shouldn't be such an unexpected thing. Whilst it's regretable that it happened, really, he should have co-operated.

According to the diagram at the bottom of that BBC article, the police didn't "challenge" him until he had reached the bottom of the escalators and was on his way to the train. The chase started when he spotted them following him to the station and decided to run...who knows why? Maybe he had drugs on him, whatever. There are many reasons why even innocent people would want to run from the met, not least because they are corrupt shits.

I repeat; this is not Northern Ireland, this is not the West Bank, it's not even New York, it is London. Even at the height of IRA tensions we didn't have police this jumpy. Obeying instructions is not a lot to ask, sure, but competence and discretion shouldn't be too much to ask from the police either.

Let's remember also that the police said just hours after the shooting that this guy was "directly linked" to Thursday's bombs. Also, if you're following what you suspect to be a suicide bomber - why the hell not stop him BEFORE he gets to the station? If they were following him all the way from his house?! It's just shit on so many levels.

Laivasse said:
Also, if you're following what you suspect to be a suicide bomber - why the hell not stop him BEFORE he gets to the station? If they were following him all the way from his house?! It's just shit on so many levels.

Yep, they could have raided his flat and arrested him before the 'suicide bomber' got loaded up to go on his 'mission'. :|

"This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the terrorists bear responsibility."
I believe those words are Ken Livingstone's.

They disgust me.

Yes, if you were on the tube and a group of men brandishing guns ran at you shouting:

"Get Out! Get Out!"

Youd run like heck too, they then threw him to the ground, and shot him 5 times, in the torso I belive.

Why was this nessacary. If he was a suicide bomber shooting at his waist isnt a good idea. And if they didnt think he was, why shoot him, they were allready on top of him.

He was Brazilian, so he probably couldn't understand what they were saying. And, why shoot a suicide bomber in the torso? Wouldn't that blow the explosives? (Depending on what explosives are used)

Back