Manhunt 2 censored scenes

no the industry doesnt need a repeat of the hot coffee witchhunt

Sadly most of the legal/legislative powers in the United States are far more concerned with sexual "obscenities" than violent ones, so I don't see Hot Coffee repeating itself in this case.

Saw and Hostel are ****ing lightweight IMO.

Those two scenes in Hostel where the guy's Achilles heel gets cut and the Japanese woman's eyeball gets cut out made me cringe. :(

Saw never made me cringe really, except in Saw 2 where the girl gets tossed into a pit of needles. D:

This is like saying Ichi The Killer isn't brutal because it's not real. Bullshit. Fictitious content can be very brutal. It doesn't need to be real in order to qualify. Just because something's fake doesn't mean it's automatically over the top. I don't look at this footage and think it's ridiculously excessive. I see some pretty graphic and realistic depictions of violence. At least as realistic as a PSP can make it.

If you showed me a snuff video and I had no idea whether it was real or fake, would either case make the actual content any less vile and sick? Furthermore, the depictions in the game are hardly comparable to some roughing up on the ice or in the ring.

If people like to play this game, then that's good for them. But I can't swallow the argument that this is no worse than what's on film or television or that this is just silly enough to be funny.

Agreed.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying that by default, we're all sadists. We're just different in the amount of sadism we can handle. Some wouldn't even cringe to what others feel is the bane of modern society.

Thats not a very strong philosphy but I can however learn to appreciate it as an interesting perception. But at the end of the day, I still believe that where more ruled by how we choose to perceive ourselves, how or what we choose for our own actions, and how "they" should interact with the people and the world around us.

I just can't take that interpretation and say that the answers I have from the beginning of my life up until now is because of what I saw through any particular Kaleidoscope, or assume that everyone is an incompleted emotional sadist. Interesting to reflect on, but I just don't really feel that inside of me.

Which is where I feel the need to discern that Manhunt is not intuitive, challenging, or revolutionary. Absinthe said it best IMHO.

Back