manipulator

Empty_Clip???

Reaction score
I was just wondering, in half-life 2 you can only pick up dead bodies, so....
what would happen if you were standing on a dead body and you tried to move it, what you just drop off it, or if an ally has a manipulator can he move the body with you like a surfboard :cheese:

"I was just wondering, in half-life 2 you can only pick up dead bodies, so...."

GG_Make what you mean clear next time. Noob.

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead

GG_Make what you mean clear next time. Noob.

I think you need to read a little better next time.

Please refrain from using and directing derogatory language such as "noob" in such a negative and belittling tone. As D33 has already mentioned, it wont be tolerated, we're trying to build this community without that type of negativity.

Use your brain and vocabulary to argue your points, instead of simple, peasant-like name calling.

you think we could expect better from a hydra, at the moment he's acting like a headcrab (no offence to the few good ones)

This therad is just exploding with intelligence, isn't it. ;P

Originally posted by DaLys
I think you need to read a little better next time.

Ok so where in this sentance am I surposedly going wrong?

"in half life 2"

"you can"

"ONLY pick up DEAD BODIES"

Riiiiight. yeah it's my fault isn't it. :rolleyes:

Right.. heres a question..

In one of the videos.. the zombies get chopped in half by the blade...

Could we do the same thing with a gun?

Can we shoot limbs / arms off a la soilder of fortune?

/im thinking no... but those half zombies ruled..

Originally posted by Obz

Only if it is scripted to do.

Do you think we'll be able to do the same with any other weapon than that spinny blade? Although I suppose that the exploding barrel blew one in half, so maybe.

Originally posted by Obz

They get cut in half because they are designed to be cut in half.

darn it...

they should really make limbs fall off..

and then you should be able to use them as weapons n stuff..

that would rock.

Actually on a related note I guess this means that the crawling zombie without any legs was ALSO specifically designed to get chopped in half.

Does this mean just blowing up a barrel near the legs of any old zombie won't provide you with hours of crawling zombie taunting fun? Will it just be special super zombies that have this ability to crawl along when their lower limbs have been rendered useless?!? The conspiracy continues!

(You know I just realised my post is much more fun if you read it in the insane '50's newsreel announcer voice' that gives people the mission descriptions in ET. :E )

you can pick up live bodies. gabe confirmed it in the valve info thread at some point.

Picking up live enemies would be an interesting but expoitable feature. Would take the fun out of the game if all you needed to do is piack a combine soldier up and lob him of the edge of a building :/

Magnetichead, your behaviour has been less than impressive in this thread. Sure, he made a little mistake, doesn't mean you have to ram it down his throat though. Take a little more consideration for the words you use next time.

I don't think that it will be possible with combine soldiers, or zombies, or ant lions, but maybe with headcrabs or any other little monster we don't know.

Ok so where in this sentance am I surposedly going wrong?

"in half life 2"

"you can"

"ONLY pick up DEAD BODIES"

Riiiiight. yeah it's my fault isn't it. :rolleyes:

Well, maybe not ALL your fault. Lack of education might have something to do with it.

Since it seems like everyone else understood him perfectly. Now why don't you drop it. YOU read it wrong, get over it.

I have a question about that... thing...

If you have picked up an object, nad have it in the air, is there a way to make the beam longer or shorter? I.e. move the object further or closer to you?

can't wait to play with this weapon in mp!

i mean you so know mods will be mad in future for this weapon in mp!

can't wait for that.

Originally posted by James Isaac
I have a question about that... thing...

If you have picked up an object, nad have it in the air, is there a way to make the beam longer or shorter? I.e. move the object further or closer to you?

You're thinking about the Gravity Gun, which won't be appearing in Half-Life 2. The manipulator holds objects very close to you, and most probably without the option to extend this force outwards or inwards.

I think the beam is a certain length....although this would make a good mod:bounce:

Originally posted by Abom|nation
You're thinking about the Gravity Gun, which won't be appearing in Half-Life 2. The manipulator holds objects very close to you, and most probably without the option to extend this force outwards or inwards.

In the E3 trailer, there are 2 floaty guns.

1) is the one in the first part that you see, where he picks up the objects then the body, and that has a blue beam

2) The gun later which is used to pick up the camera filming the GMan.

Are you saying that one of tehm won't be included in the game? If so, why not?

Well, the one that holds objects closer to you (the one used to shoot the barrel at the combine soldier) will more than likely be a weapon - if not, then more so than the "gravity gun" used to mess with the matress in the water.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to use both with a command line type of cheat or something. The code for it is in game, why take it out? Again, you'll probably be able to use it by using a weapons or item cheat.

in the e3 techdemo you could pick up dead bodys and throw them arround. The gravity gun gets upgraded during the game. So maybe you will be able to lift such heavy objects later in the game and not at once.

it would be fun too use the manipulator on a combine soldier. Use it on him and the use him too slap around some other combines. but It would make things a bit easy

Only pick up dead bodies?

LOL!

Noob.

argh... if someone doesnt know much about a game or made a typo you still shouldnt call him a "noob" :flame:
just go and play counter-strike "y00 n00b" :dozey:

ontopic: i dont think you can do something like surfing/flying on a body with a manipulator.... dunno... maybe you can... i guess we'll see :) good idea though :cheers:

using a dead body as a shield would be very useful, especially with those annoying autoguns.

Originally posted by WaSwAt
argh... if someone doesnt know much about a game or made a typo you still shouldnt call him a "noob" :flame:
just go and play counter-strike "y00 n00b" :dozey:

ontopic: i dont think you can do something like surfing/flying on a body with a manipulator.... dunno... maybe you can... i guess we'll see :) good idea though :cheers:

I wouldn't touch counter strike with a 50 foot crowbar.

Yuck.

If you wanted to float, then you could just give your friend your gravity gun and ask them to lift you up in the air :cheese:

j/k

Back