mapping

Stertman

Reaction score
Anyone who knows if its possible to make paralax mapps and reflection mapps on your modell? It would be awsome to but in the paralax maps on it to make gain some depth illusion.. Would be a good way to save some polygons.:imu:

Reflections: yes
Normal maps: yes
Parallax maps : no

There is no self shadowing or self-occlusion on the Source engine (for now).

okey.. to bad.. You know any good tutorial for how to make reflections? thanks..

Okey.. have tried to understand how to normal map.. Is there any good tutorials? I use 3dsmax 7. I have the plugin for Photoshop (normalmapfilter) but i cant get the hang of it. Thanks for any help...

well a good way for photoshop is to convert a height map to a normal map

only thing to remember is to use solid slopes of color for indentations, normal maps dont work well with 90 degree angles

wasnt there a rumour that valve enabeling paralex mapping for source.

i believe its in beta development
their official wiki emphasises the fact that the engine doesnt suport this and i for one do not believe that valve is conspiring against us.

well there's an option for it in the model viewer, so i can still hope :-/

The source engine is in constant evolution (think about HDR for example) so its absolutely possible that they will include parrallax mapping in the future.

yeh i dont think paralex mapping is such a big deal though liek sure it looks great but like ... erm i duno ill revise this when im sober

Back