Marijuana, a no no?

What are your thoughts on legalizing marijuana?

• I use marijuana and hashish recreationally, and would like them legalized

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • I use marijuana and hashish recreationally, but do not believe they should be legalized

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I do not use any sort of marijuana, but feel that it should be legalized

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • I do not use any sort of marijuana, and would not like it legalized

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
I don't smoke, but I don't care if people do, I don't care if it's legalized either

Deus mentioned that alcohol and cigarette companies would lose millions within days, but why? Would marijuana be more popular?

I can't see Liquor companies losing much, but i'd imagine that it could cripple ciggarete companies.

When you think, not only is marijuana less carcinogenic than storebought ciggarettes, but also has a much more profound psychological effect, why would anybody want to smoke ciggarettes?

But then again, you have to plan your entire day around your high. Can't really have a "weed break" at work, since getting back to work stoned would be nigh impossible.

I guess you're right in that respect : /

I can't see Liquor companies losing much, but i'd imagine that it could cripple ciggarete companies.

When you think, not only is marijuana less carcinogenic than storebought ciggarettes, but also has a much more profound psychological effect, why would anybody want to smoke ciggarettes?

But then again, you have to plan your entire day around your high. Can't really have a "weed break" at work, since getting back to work stoned would be nigh impossible.

I guess you're right in that respect : /

It wouldn't ruin cigarette companies at all, but probably just increase their profits further. On top of selling cigarettes, they'll obviously offer pre-rolled joints that you could buy at any store.

One of the reasons why it won't be legalized is that there is no way for them to test for it on the spot. With alcohol for example, you can issue a breathalizer and a couple other tests. With marijuana, there really isn't anything you could do that would show conclusively that you were under the influence.

Weed won't be legal in the sense that you can go to work high constantly without a problem.

It wouldn't ruin cigarette companies at all, but probably just increase their profits further. On top of selling cigarettes, they'll obviously offer pre-rolled joints that you could buy at any store.

One of the reasons why it won't be legalized is that there is no way for them to test for it on the spot. With alcohol for example, you can issue a breathalizer and a couple other tests. With marijuana, there really isn't anything you could do that would show conclusively that you were under the influence.

Weed won't be legal in the sense that you can go to work high constantly without a problem.

You sir, are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test#Urine_drug_screen

Wikipedia said:
Urine drug screen

Also known as urinalysis, this procedure requires that one provide a sample of urine. Either a test card is used on site for immediate results (see "General" section), or the sample is sent away to a lab to undergo gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (also known as GCMS), high performance liquid chromatography or immunoassay analysis.

you wonder, if theres no way to tell that someones under the influence, maybe they're not all that negatively affected?

i know loads of people that drive high all the time, but would never drive drunk... and a study in the netherlands showed that people who drive high generally drive more carefully than when they are sober.

also deathmaster don't go lumping weed and cocaine together

But you can't ask a person to take a test like that by the side of the road. I mean, you could, but you'd be facing some serious legal action.

And even if there was something on the market that solved the problem, the image that marijuana has in the United States isn't a positive one and turning around and legalizing it would undermine everything that these white, catholic politicans have spent so long crafting.

But you can't ask a person to take a test like that by the side of the road. I mean, you could, but you'd be facing some serious legal action.

And even if there was something on the market that solved the problem, the image that marijuana has in the United States isn't a positive one and turning around and legalizing it would undermine everything that these white, catholic politicans have spent so long crafting.

True. All this propaganda would make change difficult.

But I don't see a problem with a Urine test, unless the person doesn't have to pee.

Rly, if they can't pee atm, or refuse to, then the cop has reason to take a small hair sample, and jot down his liscense plate number.

Then it's a matter of the cop testing when it's convenient for him, and then tracking the guy down and arresting.

True. All this propaganda would make change difficult.

But I don't see a problem with a Urine test, unless the person doesn't have to pee.

Rly, if they can't pee atm, or refuse to, then the cop has reason to take a small hair sample, and jot down his liscense plate number.

Then it's a matter of the cop testing when it's convenient for him, and then tracking the guy down and arresting.

The whole point of adminstrating the test is to take them off the road and put them into jail.

If marijuana does get legalized, it'll be in the same class as alcohol, which means no driving while high or being high in public. Did you expect them to just let you smoke pot 24-7? That would easily **** up the entire United States. Americans already do everything in excess and this wouldn't be any different.

The whole point of adminstrating the test is to take them off the road and put them into jail.

If marijuan does get legalized, it'll be in the same class as alcohol, which means no driving while high or being high in public. Did you expect them to just let you smoke pot 24-7? That would easily **** up the entire United States. Americans do everything in excess and this wouldn't be any different.

Do you live in america?

Cops can search a vehicle to the bones after pulling it over, no problem. I don't see why you can't let a cop force a guy to piss and then stick a sample strip into the cup.

The whole "americans to excess" thing is an oppinion.

You don't seem to realise how pot works in the system. It's a 12hour high at most. You just set aside a weekend or a day off of work, plan it right (food and stuff), hit your joint till you're feeling it, and then relax.

Do you live in america?

Cops can search a vehicle to the bones after pulling it over, no problem. I don't see why you can't let a cop force a guy to piss and then stick a sample strip into the cup.

The whole "americans to excess" thing is an oppinion.

You don't seem to realise how pot works in the system. It's a 12hour high at most. You just set aside a weekend or a day off of work, plan it right (food and stuff), hit your joint till you're feeling it, and then relax.

I live on Connecticut and I've been smoking for many years. The problem with the urine test is that it's intrusive and would probably cause hundreds of sexual harrassment claims. Also, cops can't search your car without any reason so they wouldn't be able to randomly ask you to piss in a cup by the side of the road.

The american in excess thing isn't an opinion, but a fact. I'm not even going to dispute that one...

Smoking is enjoyable and definitely safer than alcohol. If I ruled the country, alcohol would be illegal and marijuana wouldn't, but I don't, so I have to accept it. (Or take over)

Edit: Marijuana happens to be legal in many other countries and I'm sure they don't approve of driving while high. Maybe you should research their methods of testing people who are driving while high.

I live on Connecticut and I've been smoking for many years. The problem with the urine test is that it's intrusive and would probably cause hundreds of sexual harrassment claims. Also, cops can't search your car without any reason so they wouldn't be able to randomly ask you to piss in a cup by the side of the road.

The american in excess thing isn't an opinion, but a fact. I'm not even going to dispute that one...

Smoking is enjoyable and definitely safer than alcohol. If I ruled the country, alcohol would be illegal and marijuana wouldn't, but I don't, so I have to accept it. (Or take over)

Edit: Marijuana happens to be legal in many other countries and I'm sure they don't approve of driving while high. Maybe you should research their methods of testing people who are driving while high.

Makes sense.

I will look into that :O

EDIT: What about a simple walk the line turn around count backwards test?

If they pass that, regardless of whether or not they are drugged, they can obviously still drive.

EDIT: Wikipedia says you can test on site by having the person spit in a cup.

Makes sense.

I will look into that :O

EDIT: What about a simple walk the line turn around count backwards test?

If they pass that, regardless of whether or not they are drugged, they can obviously still drive.

EDIT: Wikipedia says you can test on site by having the person spit in a cup.

Well then I guess it's not legalized because of the politicians.

America should adopt what some other countries have with driving while intoxicated and add driving while high. If you're caught driving intoxicated or high, you have your license revoke forever.

we could also execute people for shoplifting packs of gum :|

America should adopt what some other countries have with driving while intoxicated and add driving while high. If you're caught driving intoxicated or high, you have your license revoke forever.

That would probably cause a lot of economic problems.

we could also execute people for shoplifting packs of gum :|

That's more extreme than banning people from driving :|

It should already be a deterrent when its passed. Is someone honestly going to be stupid enough to get high/drunk before they drive again? Hell no. They'll know to save that for home. This way, we get the morons off the streets.

Ennui said:
i got high and drunk at the same time last night and i have absolutely no idea what happened except that there was a girl involved

No real reason to post that, but I did.

the alcohol is the reason i have no idea, and it's the legal one of the two :p

That's more extreme than banning people from driving :|

It should already be a deterrent when its passed. Is someone honestly going to be stupid enough to get high/drunk before they drive again? Hell no. They'll know to save that for home. This way, we get the morons off the streets.

I think the law should be same as with alchohol.

Rly, I don't think a few puffs of a joint disable you as much as a litre of bourbon.

lol believe me i have much experience with these things

i could smoke all day long and still be very high functioning

i could drink all day long and die

lol believe me i have much experience with these things

i could smoke all day long and still be very high functioning

i could drink all day long and die

I think it takes like 21 grams to kill a person.

of weed? you are very mistaken my friend.

it's physically impossible to overdose on marijuana unless you inject pure THC into your veins

they're not even remotely similar in effects, danger, addiction potential, or really anything else

I think it takes like 21 grams to kill a person.

No, it's WAI more.

There are NO recorded deaths by marijuana in t3h WORLD.

Well, there's one, and most scientists shrug it off as the cops being too lazy to actually analyze the case (there were many factors besides the guys marijuana usage).

No, it's WAI more.

There are NO recorded deaths by marijuana in t3h WORLD.

Well, there's one, and most scientists shrug it off as the cops being too lazy to actually analyze the case (there were many factors besides the guys marijuana usage).

IIRC you have to smoke like a pound of the stuff in an hour before the toxin level reaches the point where you OD. Apparently its physically impossible (unless you injected THC directly into your bloodstream).

Not entirely true. There was a 60 Minutes documentary on this, and all the major cigarette companies already have names reserved, and boxes and advertising campaigns ready.

Not entirely true. There was a 60 Minutes documentary on this, and all the major cigarette companies already have names reserved, and boxes and advertising campaigns ready.

Makes sense I suppose.

I mean, who else would give up the land to farm cannabis?

i would totally start my own little breeding company if cannabis was legal

i would totally start my own little breeding company if cannabis was legal

EnnuWeed.

Best reefers on the market. Our Hawaiian-Northern Lights indica hybrid is the smoothest, most relaxing smoke on the market!

And try our new Blasting Balls. Tiny bitesized BB's you can sneak into your favorite snack, or pop into your favorite Vapourizer for an instant all day high!

here in south carolina, possession of marijuana is a worse offense than beating up your spouse :( ;(

here in south carolina, possession of marijuana is a worse offense than beating up your spouse :( ;(

:O

I thought state law allowed less than an ounce, at a $100 max fine.

Back