Marijuana, a no no?

What are your thoughts on legalizing marijuana?

• I use marijuana and hashish recreationally, and would like them legalized

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • I use marijuana and hashish recreationally, but do not believe they should be legalized

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I do not use any sort of marijuana, but feel that it should be legalized

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • I do not use any sort of marijuana, and would not like it legalized

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
:O

I thought state law allowed less than an ounce, at a $100 max fine.

my mom used to be a social services counselor and has said many times husbands who have beaten their wives up have gotten off with a warning.

My friend's dad is a state cop here in Boston, and he and his other state cop buddies often smoked at his house when we were around.

Excellent example.

That sounds like a bogus claim if I ever heard one.

Police officers in all states vary widely in their personal views.

Yes, because I actually meant that every single Massachusetts state cop smokes.

Yes, because I actually meant that every single Massachusetts state cop smokes.

Isn't that what you said? I took it as being quite a confident and literal claim. But I can understand if what you meant to say was 'some'

Isn't that what you said? I took it as being quite a confident and literal claim. But I can understand if what you meant to say was 'some'

I meant to say what I said. It was clearly quite sarcastic, as that would be an outrageous claim.

It still pollutes the air.

So do power plants.

And cars.

And ciggaretes.

And alchohol distilleries.

And fast food restuaraunts.

But, just like with all of those, the benefits of legalizing it outweigh the petty "polutes the air" argument.

So do power plants.

And cars.

And ciggaretes.

And alchohol distilleries.

And fast food restuaraunts.

But, just like with all of those, the benefits of legalizing it outweigh the petty "polutes the air" argument.

Don't forget about cows releasing methane gases into the air.

Beer makes me piss and therefore pollute the water… we should make it illegal and help fund organized crime.

Neither does the smoke from a joint...
Actually we have horrible sewage systems here. We are always shelling out to the EPA.

It still pollutes the air.
Only if you smoke it. You can also drink it and eat it, for example. That means no pollution. The same goes for people who bring up cancer risk as an argument against cannabis. They seem utterly unaware of the fact that you don't have to smoke it, and by not smoking it you run no risk of getting lung cancer.

Only if you smoke it. You can also drink it and eat it, for example. That means no pollution. The same goes for people who bring up cancer risk as an argument against cannabis. They seem utterly unaware of the fact that you don't have to smoke it, and by not smoking it you run no risk of getting lung cancer.

Vapourization = little to no cancer risk.

does it kill brain cells? :)

Nope, that's a myth.

The THC (Delta-9 Tetra Hydro Cannabinol), just adheres to the brains canabinoid receptors, stimulating them, causing the "high" effect.

Once the THC dissipates, the receptors are left to their own tasks, as if nothing ever happened.

Nope, that's a myth.

The THC (Delta-9 Tetra Hydro Cannabinol), just adheres to the brains canabinoid receptors, stimulating them, causing the "high" effect.

Once the THC dissipates, the receptors are left to their own tasks, as if nothing ever happened.

Wrong, the chemicals do cause brain damage and increase the possibility of having cancer on the other parts of the body. The exact chemical reaction is, I don't know. (Okay, that's not the effect of THC) What I know is, apart from that, since your brain receptors are stimulated when you are high, they will adapte to the constant signal. And they will became dull and numb. You need more reactant in order to simulate your brain receptors, then they become further insensitive. Your brain is not physically damaged but you will over-unexcited in your daily life. Your will be dull and emotionless. That the consequency you will face if you take THC. :p

Wrong, the chemicals do cause brain damage and increase the possibility of having cancer on the other parts of the body. The exact chemical reaction is, I don't know. (Okay, that's not the effect of THC) What I know is, apart from that, since your brain receptors are stimulated when you are high, they will adapte to the constant signal. And they will became dull and numb. You need more reactant in order to simulate your brain receptors, then they become further insensitive. Your brain is not physically damaged but you will over-unexcited in your daily life. Your will be dull and emotionless. That the consequency you will face if you take THC. :p
Why do people state such things as fact when they have no idea what they talking about?
sinkoman said:
Vapourization = little to no cancer risk.
Vapourization = little to no bronchitis risk. There is no cancer risk either way.

My friend, you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, and you look like an idiot strutting around stating these things as fact when they're completely wrong.

DEATHMASTER, saying it pollutes the air is probably the worst anti-marijuana argument ever. If that's the problem, lets also ban cars, people, factories, campfires, cigarettes, and any other of a myriad list of things that **** with the environment.

Wrong, the chemicals do cause brain damage and increase the possibility of having cancer on the other parts of the body. The exact chemical reaction is, I don't know. (Okay, that's not the effect of THC) What I know is, apart from that, since your brain receptors are stimulated when you are high, they will adapte to the constant signal. And they will became dull and numb.

What the hell are you going on about.

You basically just said that everytime somebody lights up a bong, they are starting a chemicle reaction in their body...

Dude, the other, non-THC cannabinoids in marijuana don't cause cancer. They stimulate CB2 receptors, releasing hormones and proteins that lower your risk of developing cancer.

bbson_john said:
You need more reactant in order to simulate your brain receptors, then they become further insensitive. Your brain is not physically damaged but you will over-unexcited in your daily life. Your will be dull and emotionless. That the consequency you will face if you take THC.

Are you talking about THC tollerance? Because in many cases, THC tollerance decreases with frequent use of marijuana.

That means I would never be able to bring my avatar back once I get bored of the Hypnotoad.

:eek: :dozey:

I will never grow bored of the Hypnotoad. All glory to the Hypnotoad!

My house smells like weed. I bet if I breathed hard enough, I'd get high. Quick, does sausage have THC?

Back